1218 users online (192 members and 1026 guests)  

Websleuths News

Angry PA - Catch And Wreck Kids Arrested 73 year old man hospitalized

Basically this is a game they play here in Philly called "Catch And Wreck". Loitering kids in the playgrounds basically hunt a human and beat them.

A 73 year old man was hospitalized after the kids knocked him down, beat him on the back of his head with a gun and stomped him. Nice, right?

This link is to a rant written by someone. I'll find more on the story. I know a 12 year old girl was arrested for beating a woman in a Catch and Wreck. This poor elderly man left a senior citizen home to go get a soda.

Not to forget we also once again this weekend had the ever living loving **** Mobs target a popular part of our city called South Street. Way to keep the commerce going. Who wants to go shop and eat when you may be attacked at any minute?

http://www.rantrave.com/Rant/73-Year...ound-Game.aspx

Warning this is tough to read. This poor woman Belinda Moore was beaten by kids. Even after she told them her son had died in the very playground she was crossing through they taunted her.

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/loca...lt__game_.html

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Warning this is tough to read. This poor woman Belinda Moore was beaten by kids. Even after she told them her son had died in the very playground she was crossing through they taunted her.

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/loca...lt__game_.html
    My first thoughts were WHERE ARE THE PARENTS OF THESE KIDS?

9:30p and a group of 11 and 12 year old kids are outside playing with no supervision anywhere around them? And, it's rumored the 12 yr old girl that was arrested is pregnant? Incredible.
    Last edited by Trino; 03-22-2010 at 07:49 AM.

Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    Wow - I'm at a loss for words (well not quite)

We have to do something about the "coming up" generations.

Video games, lack of parenting - could be a lot of things. But, I think a lot of it is education and the schools.

Bullies are NOT held accountable. Even when a child "tells" he/she is being bullied - nothing is done. The worn out, tired excuse is "they" (whoever - administration, police) can't do anything until "they" catch the bully. That leaves the door wide open for yet another - even more brutal, cause they told - attack.

I have witnessed this first hand in the schools. Our **ahem** teachers - and please don't attack me - I know there are MANY MANY excellent teachers out there, however there are way TOO MANY carppy teachers. Most of them are "youngsters" just coming out of college. These usually get the jobs because they are "cheaper" - as teachers work on a "step raise" pay scale.

When you have parents that don't "parent" - what's left? The schools. Here, in Broward county - Michael Brewer, Josie Ratley, Amanda Collette - our schools have gotten so bad, its to the point of scary.

11 and 12 year olds are 5th, 6th in school (if "held back", then even in earlier grades).

Our economy and our country is in turmoil - health care, the ware in Iraq, unemployment, etc. have "adults" talking. These kids listen and internalize what is said differently.

What are we going to do? How many children are going to die? Or adults, for that matter? How heinous are the crimes going to have to get before something is done?

We have to save our children - they are the future of this country.

every time i hear the 'blame the video games/music/movies' stuff i just think of the line in the movie 'scream'.

'movies dont create psychos, movies make psychos more creative'

Not Alabama but Sweet Home just the same , SC
    My first thoughts to are where the he** are their parents. I know where my 14 , 11 and 9 year ols are every second of every day. The only time I do not know exactly what they are doing is when they are at school. I do not let them out of my sight. I do not even let them ride the bus because it scares me so much. All of these non-caring and just totally absent parents are raising a generation of psychopaths! That poor man and woman. I was in tear reading the woman's story. Having to endure that after loosing her child. It is just sick. I do not care how young those perps are they need to be punished to the full extent of the law!!!

Looks like they like to jump people around 9:30 pm at night there at the same area...What a bunch of aholes ! Police need some undercover cops hangin around for the next month and catch these kids...

Just as you bamabeauty I know where my children are all the time. These kids parents should have some sort of slap in the face as well...maybe when they have to start paying court cost in such they will wake up, but something tell's me that if your children are at a park waiting to gang beat anyone who passes by, the role models at home,the kids prob. don't fall from the tree.

I do not know where all this anger is coming from these days with our kids .... I think lack of parenting or trying to be your kids friend instead of being the parent is a big problem today...jmo of course
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

IMO some "parents" have absolutly no desire to be real parents. They're glad the kid is out of the house, the parents themselves are probably not there.
    It sounds to me some kind of curfew needs to get put in place and much better security.
    I don't like guns but if I was in this area I'd seriously start thinking about what I could carry to defend myself. Maybe not a gun but possibly a stun gun or at the least mace/pepper spray and for sure I'd be walking with a well trained loyal dog but you can't always be going somewhere with a dog.

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

Not Alabama but Sweet Home just the same , SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Bride View Post
    It sounds to me some kind of curfew needs to get put in place and much better security.

VB
    I agree. Curfew is a wonderful idea that should not bother anyone. I am sorry but no 11 or 12 year old has any business at all being out on the streets at 9:30 at night. My kids are already in bed by then. I also agree about making the parents responsible. Make them pay court costs and make them serve some time as well. Until a very harsh message is sent things like this will continue to happen. People need to be punished to every extent of the law in cases like this!

Unhappy Sweet heavens...

It's like the whole friggin' country's being turned into Lord of the Flies. And every day I see stories like this, I start to fantasize more about Dirty Harry and Rambo.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffet View Post
    It's like the whole friggin' country's being turned into Lord of the Flies. And every day I see stories like this, I start to fantasize more about Dirty Harry and Rambo.
    You'd need a semi to deal with this many kids.

I read an article today where a woman took her from out of town cousin and their kids to our South Street area. As she looked for a parking spot she instantly "knew" something was not right. There were just too many kids. Way too many and then suddenly it was like the running of the bulls. The poor lady couldn't move the car. Her kids were screaming and praying.

These ****s will walk right over your car. They'll smash their windows.

It was estimated there were 2,000 kids in this **** mob. Businesses tried to shut their doors. People were beaten randomly. It's a miracle nobody is dead.

What to do? Our backward Mayor says maybe an earlier curfew. These kids got no curfew. Then businesses are calling for police officers on every corner. You gotta be kidding me. They wanted to lay off cops. Plus the cops out there are busy back where the kids come from arresting the parents.

Unfortunately we've experienced in my neighborhood. Saturday night you can't go out. Once they let out a local entertainment complex businesses close. Everybody rushes home. It's nuts.

Just a link to business owners complaining.

http://www.kyw1060.com/South-Street-...ash-Mo/6620808