Thread: *WAVING* to our guests!!!

Kimster is offline WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison

*WAVING* to our guests!!!

We've been having an average of 80-100 guests visiting us on Caylee's forum lately. Allow us to extent a warm welcome to all of you! We hope you might want to take the time to register at Websleuths and join us in discussing Caylee's case!!!

We also have some interesting threads about her case in our Member's Only area, as well as a fun-loving social network!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

Hope you don't mind Kimster, I'm just jumping in here. Guests, you can register with your provider email address, just not yahoo or hotmail. It took me getting a menacing response, something about being banned from access, and an email from Jbean before I figured it out. I couldn't understand how I got "banned" before even registering lol. Try to get registered so you can join us here. We're really interested in your opinions and insight too!

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mimimama5 For This Useful Post:

I didn't even know I had a "provider" e-mail till I joined here

it's worth the join
    <Click on User CP>
    Scroll down and on the left
    <Click on Edit Ignore List>
    In add a Member to your list
    <start typing the name of the person you want to ignore>
    <Click on OKay>

IF WE COOK IT THEY WILL COME!

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lisalei321 For This Useful Post:

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    Question for you, Kimster... if, hypothetically, a registered WSer (*coff*me*coff*) was at work, but said WSer wanted not to get TOO far behind on a particular forum, but perhaps did not have a great deal of time to spend, so they just surfed through realquicklike, or maybe had to toggle back and forth from WS to, oh, I dunno, a worky document...

well, said WSer would show up as one of them-thar "guests," yes?

{Confessions of a WS Addict... I'ma pitch THAT to TruTV.}

That being said, dive on in, lurkers! The water's fine, you'll learn a bunch, and you'll meet some of the nicest folks you could ask for. Join us!
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:

Hey all you GUESTS! Welcome to the BEST TRUE CRIME SITE on the net! You will be welcomed with open arms if you register and you will have your intellect challenged from day one...you will not have to wait the dreaded "thirty one days"! lol Everyone is civilized here, and anyone who is not is asked to leave...so you can feel good about being here...I LOVE Websleuths! We are like a big crime solving family, and at times, we disagree (strongly), but we are VERY civilized about it...Did I say we were civilized? Yeah-we ARE! Welcome.

ABC provided $200,000.00 to
    Casey Anthonys defense!
    The MURDERED should not be USED to pay for the MURDERERS DEFENSE!

American Tragedy: The defense of Casey Anthony.

Juror No. 11 somehow made the journey from Casey is the one on trial to George may be a murderer, based on how George acted on the stand? 3 years of evidence against Casey and he throws George under the bus. Makes sense?
    What evidence indicated that George might be a murderer? Anyone?
    Weren't they to ONLY consider EVIDENCE?
    This NOT GUILTY verdict throws Caylee right back into the swamp she decomposed in. Thanks to this "impartial" jury.

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to magic-cat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post
    Question for you, Kimster... if, hypothetically, a registered WSer (*coff*me*coff*) was at work, but said WSer wanted not to get TOO far behind on a particular forum, but perhaps did not have a great deal of time to spend, so they just surfed through realquicklike, or maybe had to toggle back and forth from WS to, oh, I dunno, a worky document...

well, said WSer would show up as one of them-thar "guests," yes?

{Confessions of a WS Addict... I'ma pitch THAT to TruTV.}

That being said, dive on in, lurkers! The water's fine, you'll learn a bunch, and you'll meet some of the nicest folks you could ask for. Join us!
    Yes. Unless you sign in with your user name and password, you will look like a guest.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

ahem..well that would be me as well then-
    surfin' at work, cause I just can't stay away from the MADNESS!

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamkimba For This Useful Post:

DaughterAlice is offline ''I'm sorry if that sounds selfish, sweetie, but it's me! Me! Me! Me!''
    I surf from work too, even though I'm quite sure I'm not supposed to.

It would seem a worse infraction to actually log on.

Also, I surf at night, and only log on if I have something to say. I've noticed that the log on doesn't last very long, if I don't submit a post. Sometimes even when I DO log on to type something, I get so interrupted by my kids, that by the time I finish typing my post, I have to relog on anyway.

Sorry to look like a visiter so much!

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DaughterAlice For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DaughterAlice View Post
    I surf from work too, even though I'm quite sure I'm not supposed to.

It would seem a worse infraction to actually log on.

Also, I surf at night, and only log on if I have something to say. I've noticed that the log on doesn't last very long, if I don't submit a post. Sometimes even when I DO log on to type something, I get so interrupted by my kids, that by the time I finish typing my post, I have to relog on anyway.

Sorry to look like a visiter so much!
    When you log on, push the "remember me" button and you won't fall out.

There were still 93 guests when I made this thread earlier today and I know they weren't all members already!

C'mon in and meet us!

ETA: There are 71 guests reading right now. Everyone smile!!!
    Last edited by Kimster; 03-22-2010 at 09:52 PM.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Welcome guest. We want to hear your thoughts. thanks

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to notthatsmart For This Useful Post:

Hi I having been lurking forever!!!!!!!!!! Til I saw this thread I thought I was a webslueths reject lol. I couldn't sign up with my email. So after reading this thread I used my provider email and it worked.

21. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to dld804 For This Useful Post:

essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    Quote Originally Posted by dld804 View Post
    Hi I having been lurking forever!!!!!!!!!! Til I saw this thread I thought I was a webslueths reject lol. I couldn't sign up with my email. So after reading this thread I used my provider email and it worked.

To all the rest of our "guests" out there-

Climb on board!!!

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to essies For This Useful Post:

:Welcome-12-june: to Websleuths, dld804!!!

We've been waiting for you to show up!
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to smart blonde For This Useful Post:

:Welcome-12-june: Great to hear from you.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brattigirle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    We've been having an average of 80-100 guests visiting us on Caylee's forum lately. Allow us to extent a warm welcome to all of you! We hope you might want to take the time to register at Websleuths and join us in discussing Caylee's case!!!

We also have some interesting threads about her case in our Member's Only area, as well as a fun-loving social network!

I frequently read here without logging in. Sorry!

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicKnit For This Useful Post:

Glad to see you give the info about the provider email! I lurked here for two years and was a two time reject before finding out about this!
    100 years from now, it won't matter what kind of car you drove or how big your house was. What will matter is that you were important in the eyes of a child.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to YellowSubmarine For This Useful Post:

Welcome! I'm looking forward to hearing from the new people on board!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to jon_burrows For This Useful Post:

I have survived all the slings and arrows and live in a house filled with Love.
    Come on and REGISTER!!!!

Look, let's talk. I know you have probably been burned on other forums because of the petty stupid stuff that goes on that has nothing to do with the case. We do not allow that here on Websleuths.

You might have even been harassed by a member on another board and no one stepped in to help. We will step in and stop the harassment on Websleuths.

You may have even gotten sick and tired of topics veering off to discussions that have nothing to do with the topic. We don't allow veering on Websleuths. We always stay on topic. Well, almost always that is.

But mostly, Websleuths is truly a dedicated true crime forum that welcomes your participation and input. We want to know what you are thinking. We want to know your ideas. Your thoughts matter to us and to the discussion.

OK Now, take a look up to the top of the screen. See that "register" word? Click on that and you are off and going.

If you have questions email me at tgrif@xmission.com and I"ll help you any way I can.

Now is as good a time as any.

Tricia
    `````````````````

JOIN US EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT FOR TRUE CRIME RADIO ON IHEART. CLICK HERE THURSDAYS 8 PM EASTERN FOR THE LINK TO THE SHOW AND TO JOIN OUR NEW CHATROOM.

FOR PAST IHEART SHOWS CLICK HERE

Join Websleuths on Twitter

Follow websleuths on Twitter

And Face Book of course
     | 

************************************************** **************************************

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

35. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tricia For This Useful Post:

WELCOME TO OUR GUESTS!

I lurked for at least a year before I registered and joined. I was voiceless until I found WS, and now can add my voice with a group of really fantastic people. Please join in.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

Yes! Join!

From a member standpoint, I must say that it felt like I had joined a very elite group when I signed into Websleuths for the first time. I have had the opportunity to mingle with lawyers (and lawyers that play lawyers on TV, RH ), writers, mommies (the most insightful of the bunch), cyber-geeks, and dare devils (JWG, I think I remember something about you and a potentially explosive experiment with chloroform?)....
    Even players in the Anthony case have come here, fully disclosed, of course.
    If you are interested in helping us to pursue justice for Caylee or even justice for Casey (ETA-And every other very important case, political discussions, games, etc.), come on in-There is nothing you can write that we will call stupid, nothing you can offer that will be dissed.
    You even get to do cool things like this:

:Welcome-12-june:
    Last edited by Just Jayla; 03-23-2010 at 10:03 PM.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Just Jayla For This Useful Post:

Cool Welcome Guests

Glad you're here.

162 (75 members & 87 guests)

Join up & join in the conversation. We'd love to hear your fresh perspective.

41. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BondJamesBond For This Useful Post:

Agreed!!!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

43. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Feels like yesterday that I was a guest here....yet now it feels like I have known the posters here for a lifetime.
    C'mon in, shared interests are a good thing!

45. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Just Jayla For This Useful Post: