1312 users online (235 members and 1077 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 121
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,860
    Jeff's cousin emailed me today and said that one of Jeff's sisters did actually post on my blog. She posted annon so her name is not out there.

    I hope that we can get some more info on his disappearance.
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where I hang my hat.
    Posts
    10,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    Jeff's cousin emailed me today and said that one of Jeff's sisters did actually post on my blog. She posted annon so her name is not out there.

    I hope that we can get some more info on his disappearance.
    Unfortunately without any additional info, this case will probably never be solved. It will always be on the back burner for LE. Maybe with some talk about it on the internet, people may come out of the woodwork or the responsible perps will get nervous or someone may come forward with a tip for LE. This case needs to be livened up.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,612
    Yes - whatever the situation is, we do not judge here. No matter his lifestyle, we want peace and closure for families of the missing. Please share his story with us and while we probably won't solve it or find him (though it has been done in the past!), we can help identify additional resources for you and provide a place to ask questions and get support. Many people here have loved ones that are missing as well.

    Everything is MOO and I am always willing to be wrong!


    October 2013 marked 60 years since Evelyn Hartley's violent kidnapping while babysitting.

    We need fresh eyes in the case - please visit us in
    Evelyn's thread!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,860
    Deborah sent me an email thanking WS for playing Jeffs info on the radio. She also sent me detailed explaination of the day Jeff disappeared and I asked her for permission to copy and paste it on here. Waiting for response.
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,860
    Edit-She gave me permission to post this.....

    Here's the message;

    Hi Cindi,

    Sorry to bother you again. I can't seem to figure out how to post on the web site so I am going through you. I listened to the radio show tonight, thank you again for having them talk about Jeff's case. I just want to mention a couple of things:

    Jeff wasn't a Bartender; he was the owner of the coffee house next to the college he attended, the University of Hattiesburg, MS. He also has blue eyes, now brown and the photo posted doesn't really look like he did when he went missing. That photo was over a year old. His hair was a lot shorter and he had become what one would say is " a man ", not a youngster. He was very handsome.

    The evening he went missing he had left work, went to the bank to make a deposit, then went to the store to get a bottle of wine for his date that evening and then went back to his apartment, he never made it to his date with his girlfriend. Sometime between the store, prior to 10:00 pm because that is when the liquor store closed and the time he went missing, he had gone back to his apartment. The wine and his wallet were left at his apartment and it looks like he left or was forced to leave and only had time to grab his keys. His car was involved in a minor fender bender a few minutes after 10:00 pm, but it wasn't Jeff driving. The car that was bumped had two girls in it that got the tag as he left the scene. They described someone other than Jeff driving the car. The description fit that of his roommate, all the way down to the shoulder length hair and baseball cap, both of which Jeff did not have. This all happened on a Thursday night. Jeff's car was found bogged down in mud in a alley in a warehouse district on the following Tuesday Morning, the police had done nothing for those first few days. The keys had been ripped out of the ignition and were laying on the floor of the drivers side. There were some people living in the area that heard a car driving extremely fast into the alley and noise, but unfortunately no one bothered to look.


    Thanks,
    (I omitted name)
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,612
    Well it seems pretty clear who the POI is. Thank god those girls were smart to take the notes they did.

    What would the motive be though? Was he drunk or drugged, or just freaking out and that's why he was driving so carelessly? His girlfriend or any friends I imagine would know of any problems between him and his roommate, I would think.

    Everything is MOO and I am always willing to be wrong!


    October 2013 marked 60 years since Evelyn Hartley's violent kidnapping while babysitting.

    We need fresh eyes in the case - please visit us in
    Evelyn's thread!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    41
    No, he is still missing.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    41
    It wasn't Jeff driving the car. We have no idea if he was in it or not, but not driving or sitting up in the passenger seat. No problems with the girlfriend, was suppose to be on the way to meet her, never made it. No one ever came forward or divulged during the
    investigation that there was any problems with the roommate.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    41
    Hi Cindi,

    I forgot to mention that he also stopped to get his hair cut before he picked up the wine.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where I hang my hat.
    Posts
    10,560
    Thanks so much for the new information! This is very helpful.

    I have many questions, but here are a couple off the top of my head:

    Did the roomate know the girl Jeff was planning to see that night? Also, did Jeff ever tell anyone he was having problems with his roomate?

    Side note: is it possible to get police to question the girl and roommate again? Sometimes stories change after many years have passed.


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where I hang my hat.
    Posts
    10,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    Edit-She gave me permission to post this.....

    Here's the message;

    Hi Cindi,

    Sorry to bother you again. I can't seem to figure out how to post on the web site so I am going through you. I listened to the radio show tonight, thank you again for having them talk about Jeff's case. I just want to mention a couple of things:

    Jeff wasn't a Bartender; he was the owner of the coffee house next to the college he attended, the University of Hattiesburg, MS. He also has blue eyes, now brown and the photo posted doesn't really look like he did when he went missing. That photo was over a year old. His hair was a lot shorter and he had become what one would say is " a man ", not a youngster. He was very handsome.

    The evening he went missing he had left work, went to the bank to make a deposit, then went to the store to get a bottle of wine for his date that evening and then went back to his apartment, he never made it to his date with his girlfriend. Sometime between the store, prior to 10:00 pm because that is when the liquor store closed and the time he went missing, he had gone back to his apartment. The wine and his wallet were left at his apartment and it looks like he left or was forced to leave and only had time to grab his keys. His car was involved in a minor fender bender a few minutes after 10:00 pm, but it wasn't Jeff driving. The car that was bumped had two girls in it that got the tag as he left the scene. They described someone other than Jeff driving the car. The description fit that of his roommate, all the way down to the shoulder length hair and baseball cap, both of which Jeff did not have. This all happened on a Thursday night. Jeff's car was found bogged down in mud in a alley in a warehouse district on the following Tuesday Morning, the police had done nothing for those first few days. The keys had been ripped out of the ignition and were laying on the floor of the drivers side. There were some people living in the area that heard a car driving extremely fast into the alley and noise, but unfortunately no one bothered to look.


    Thanks,
    (I omitted name)
    Is there any way she can join in on the discussion? She doesn't have to answer every question if she feels uncomfortable. We would love to help her get to the bottom of this. Thanks!

    DLJ1979, are you a relative?

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where I hang my hat.
    Posts
    10,560
    One thought . . Makes me wonder if the girlfriend had a former boyfriend who may have been the jealous type? Was this Jeff's first date with the girl?

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,860
    Quote Originally Posted by McSpy View Post
    Is there any way she can join in on the discussion? She doesn't have to answer every question if she feels uncomfortable. We would love to help her get to the bottom of this. Thanks!

    DLJ1979, are you a relative?
    DLJ1979 is Jeff's cousin
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,612
    Did I read correctly that he owned a business? Perhaps money was the motive.

    Everything is MOO and I am always willing to be wrong!


    October 2013 marked 60 years since Evelyn Hartley's violent kidnapping while babysitting.

    We need fresh eyes in the case - please visit us in
    Evelyn's thread!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    189
    Oohhh!! This one is tough, not alot to go on. Im still newbie but someone needs to contact the le who have this on file and lets get as much info as we can. This man has been missing longer than ive been alive. I can not even imagine how the family lives like this. Not knowing. Lets put this to rest. I like going thru doenetwork but i would need a better picture. Come on sluethers! Do wat u do!!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. NC NC - Jeffrey Mays, 22, Cape Hatteras, 13 Nov 1980
    By anthrobones in forum 1980's Missing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-21-2016, 06:48 PM
  2. WA WA - Jeffrey Klungness, 14, Sumner, 2 March 1996
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum 1990's Missing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-20-2016, 06:21 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-06-2015, 01:31 PM

Tags for this Thread