2008.11.20 The Significance of Cindy's "Silent Interview"--Did Cindy "Know"?

affinity

Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FpteGu0PL0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FpteGu0PL0[/ame]

If this question belongs in a prior particular thread, please move.
I hope that we can discuss this interview and what can be gleaned from CA's demeanor.

This "interview" is the only interview where CA says nothing. It is totally out of character for her to be quiet. Though it can be hypothesized that CA was finally worn out from so many interviews, or simply wrung out and/or drugged..the timing of the interview is important:

date: November 15/16, 2008 D C and Hoover search woods
date: November 20, 2008 Cindy's "Silent" interview
date: Dec 11, 2008 Caylee's remains found

Somewhere in one of the threads here I recall seeing someone's assessment of this interview. They wrote something like: "Clearly, she knew. She is acting as if she has just gotten terrible news. Conversely, George acts as if nothing is different from the day before".

Is this interview and CA's behavior (and lack of words) suggestive of the day that CA learned that Caylee was dead? Do we know how she acted the day before and the day after this interview?

affinity, I've always thought that she DID know and was heavily tranquilized because of that at the time of this interview. Nothing to back that up though, just my personal opinion. :) You're right, never, ever have I seen Cindy so quiet and out of it. Something just tells me that a whole lot changed around this time.

Can you post a link to the video? Embedded video has been disabled and I can't find the right video on youtube. Thanks!

Thanks for the thread, affinity. Started me poking around for what CA was up to before/after Nov. 20, and our handy dandy case calendar indicates that on the 19th, OSCO announced that they were giving up the search for a live Caylee, based on FBI evidence analysis.

Link to ThoughElf's post with 11/19/08 story

Looks like Cindy was giving up too around that time, just based on different (and perhaps more direct?) feedback.

And I've always thought CA looks in this interview like a friend of mine does when she takes Xanax in order to endure air travel... wouldn't that just be another sad irony of this case, if she was Xannied out that day.

I would love to hear Dr. Lillian Glass remarks on this video.
I really think that the PI found something on his third outing there and told her so.

I just see someone who is very depressed. She is not only silent but immobile. Goodness knows she had enough to be depressed about..

November 20 - MN resigns as their attorney -
(quote from article)
"The other condition I required was that I would have absolutely nothing to do with representing Casey or assisting in her legal defense."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18025611/detail.html
Anthony Family Attorney Resigns
Caylee Anthony Last Seen In Mid-June
POSTED: Thursday, November 20, 2008
UPDATED: 4:41 pm EST November 20,2008

all put together- appears to me that she knows - I am off to look for videos

I just see someone who is very depressed. She is not only silent but immobile. Goodness knows she had enough to be depressed about..

It's like she has given up in this video. I have always believed that this video showed a CA that knew that Caylee was dead. :(

It's like she has given up in this video. I have always believed that this video showed a CA that knew that Caylee was dead. :(

I have always thought the same thing. Never before or since this interview have I seen her behave like that. Not a word spoken and her head down almost the whole time. She seemed sedated, maybe after a long bout of crying. JMO

Can you post a link to the video? Embedded video has been disabled and I can't find the right video on youtube. Thanks!
Sorry, I didn't realize that it doesn't embed. Here is the direct link (click the actual link address in the blue box at the top of this image):
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FpteGu0PL0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FpteGu0PL0[/ame]

I have always thought that Cindy had found out that Caylee was indeed dead shortly before the "silent interview". To me, in that interview, Cindy looks like she's just been run over by a truck.

Because I don't believe DC was out on Suburban because of something he heard from a psychic, because DC and Cindy were "friends" and because Jose was yelling privilege when DC was subpoenaed, DC is my number 1 suspect for Cindy's source. He could had received the information while working for Baez, which would make it privileged, but blabbed it to a 3rd party (Cindy) later (which would make what he blabbed technically not privileged).

It would be hard to know a child was out in the woods rotting and to watch George and Cindy get their hope up every time there was a Caylee sighting. Ethical or not, in DC's shoes, it would be hard for me not to say something to Cindy after we'd become "friends".

jmo

November 20 - MN resigns as their attorney -
(quote from article)
"The other condition I required was that I would have absolutely nothing to do with representing Casey or assisting in her legal defense."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18025611/detail.html
Anthony Family Attorney Resigns
Caylee Anthony Last Seen In Mid-June
POSTED: Thursday, November 20, 2008
UPDATED: 4:41 pm EST November 20,2008

all put together- appears to me that she knows - I am off to look for videos

wow. the 20th is the same day that MN resigned..I didn't realize that. Maybe MN just finished telling her off. Something finally shut her up. She is like a zombie and the only "emotion" she shows is when GA says something about the Sheriff's Dept. She shakes her head "no" (in a negative way ....to let us know she blames/does not "approve" of the Sheriff's Dept.)

I remember watching this video in Nov of 08. I was convinced then that Cindy 'Knew'. She looks totally defeated and devastated. With all that happened at that time, the search with Hoover and Dom Casey, Nejames suddenly reaching the "I've had it" moment and quitting, it's no wonder. They all knew then. ( Except for George maybe ?)

I have always thought that Cindy had found out that Caylee was indeed dead shortly before the "silent interview". To me, in that interview, Cindy looks like she's just been run over by a truck.

Because I don't believe DC was out on Suburban because of something he heard from a psychic, because DC and Cindy were "friends" and because Jose was yelling privilege when DC was subpoenaed, DC is my number 1 suspect for Cindy's source. He could had received the information while working for Baez, which would make it privileged, but blabbed it to a 3rd party (Cindy) later (which would make what he blabbed technically not privileged).
So, can we discern that GA might not have been privy? He seems no different than usual here.

Thanks for the thread, affinity. Started me poking around for what CA was up to before/after Nov. 20, and our handy dandy case calendar indicates that on the 19th, OSCO announced that they were giving up the search for a live Caylee, based on FBI evidence analysis.

Link to ThoughElf's post with 11/19/08 story

Looks like Cindy was giving up too around that time, just based on different (and perhaps more direct?) feedback.

And I've always thought CA looks in this interview like a friend of mine does when she takes Xanax in order to endure air travel... wouldn't that just be another sad irony of this case, if she was Xannied out that day.

IMO as crazy as KC stories have been Cindy wanted to believe so badly that Caylee was alive and KC gave her to someone,like what baby Gabriel's mom has done.(hopefully he is still alive)on the 19th, OSCO announced that they were giving up the search for a live Caylee, based on FBI evidence analysis She must have been very upset that they were not going to look for a Live Caylee, and had to be given major drugs to calm her down.JMO

what a load of carp. George goes on about "there should have been cooperation from day one" elluding to LE. Hey jo jo - how about asking your daughter to cooperate from day one and you wouldn't be sitting in that interview chair. GAG.

Cindy looks terribly xanaxed out :(

Mel

wow. the 20th is the same day that MN resigned..I didn't realize that. Maybe MN just finished telling her off. Something finally shut her up. She is like a zombie and the only "emotion" she shows is when GA says something about the Sheriff's Dept. She shakes her head "no" (in a negative way ....to let us know she blames/does not "approve" of the Sheriff's Dept.)

Till a dead Caylee was found maybe she was upset with the sheriffs office because they stopped looking for an alive Caylee.

So, can we discern that GA might not have been privy? He seems no different than usual here.

.... or GA had known all along, at least since Day 31 so this was business as usual for him -- and CA had so wanted to believe KC and her lies this time. All the stars align at this time.

George seemed like he was thinking it was KC when he talked to LE.He was a former LE so if anyone came to terms first IMO it would be him not Cindy.George had said it would kill her if Caylee is dead.IMO In one news clip where she says George said it was pizza and he should know he was a homicide detective.She looked horrible like she was beginning to have a Nervous breakdown.I think he was trying to protect her at that time but he suspected KC.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back