Thread: Long haired brunette with eyes half closed

Long haired brunette with eyes half closed

This girl reminds me of Amy Billig (missing since March 5, 1974 from Coconut Grove, Dade County, Florida) in some of her DoeNetwork photos. I know there are several threads on her case here and it's a long shot but it struck me when I saw the photo.

Last edited by tifflee; 03-12-2010 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Photos didn't show up.

carbuff is offline ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    tifflee: yeah, I thought so too, but hadn't posted it yet.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:

I couldn't agree more, I was gonna post this last night but it wouldn't let me stayed logged in. Good find, I think they look a whole lot alike!

Quote Originally Posted by tifflee View Post
    This girl reminds me of Amy Billig (missing since March 5, 1974 from Coconut Grove, Dade County, Florida) in some of her DoeNetwork photos. I know there are several threads on her case here and it's a long shot but it struck me when I saw the photo.

5. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to momma0f4 For This Useful Post:

I agree it looks a lot like her!
    Has it been submitted?
    :>)

The eyebrows look different but suppose a person could pluck their brows differently in different times.

Quote Originally Posted by momma0f4 View Post
    I couldn't agree more, I was gonna post this last night but it wouldn't let me stayed logged in. Good find, I think they look a whole lot alike!
    Can you enlarge both of those photos and this one as well? Also there is another photo of this girl and her hair looks straighter, but is same girl. A side by side enlarged would be good.
    This should be enlarged but I can't do that right now (pc problem). Both of these are from the same group as you posted. Thanks.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/images/ABillig.jpg
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/images/ABillig7.jpg

Edited to add, I don't think this is her as to the information on Doe:
    Billig was last seen hitchhiking along Main Highway in Coconut Grove, FL on March 5, 1974
    Last edited by Mensch; 04-04-2010 at 05:33 PM.

I just came across this photo and noticed her neck--do those look like ridges, or just natural creases. Maybe its just my imagination. This is another picture where she might be drugged.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
    I just came across this photo and noticed her neck--do those look like ridges, or just natural creases. Maybe its just my imagination. This is another picture where she might be drugged.
    The bottom ridge is a little more red looking, but it's really hard to say.

I found this blog that's interesting someone "thinking" they may be this girl. When you look at the picture they posted on this thread, doesn't she also look like the girl with the wavy hair in front of the light green wall? I think we were originally discussing if they were one in the same girl.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/for...EDITED?next=71

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Billylee For This Useful Post:

Resized the photo 300% - didnt alter it otherwise.

Her eyes look a bit off to me, the eye on the left (our left, not hers) looks in a weird position in regards to the other eye if that makes sense? Sometimes I think I may be seeing things that arent there - her jaw looks swollen to me and I think I see a bruise or two on her face, like directly below the eye on our right.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to punklove For This Useful Post:

Side by sides that were requested.

Its not the same girl, in the photo of Amy you can see that she has a thin upper lip compared to the alcala photo and the Amy has a more pronounced jaw & chin area. Just my two cents.
    Last edited by punklove; 05-29-2010 at 01:07 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to punklove For This Useful Post:

Could she be Ellen Hover with a swollen face. That looks like from a beating.
    Last edited by Cubby; 01-29-2011 at 03:24 AM. Reason: no mod change

Amy Billig looks like a good match overall. Biggest problem is her disappearance is too early against Alcala's August 1974 release date. There's also a lack of evidence for Alcala in Florida. She might have run away on her own to CA and met him later, but the Charley Project data indicates her disappearance looked like foul play from the beginning with someone other than Alcala as the likeliest suspect.

On a site a girl says that her mom was freaking out and thinks that this girl is her, but she cannot recall RA taking her pic. Don't know if posts is a joke. I hope this is no joke and thank god she's alive.

The Amy Billig case is what inspired my interest in missing person cases. Her's is a very famous case. I first read about her in a book by a Miami reporter, Edna Buchanan, called The Corpse Had a Familiar Face. Amy's mother wrote a book called Without a Trace: The Disappearance of Amy Billig--A Mother's Search for Justice. Her mother searched for her for 21 years until her death in 2005. It is most likely Amy was either killed the day she was kidnapped by a motorcycle gang called The Pagans or killed by Henry Johnson Blair who spent years tormenting and stalking Amy's mother and who eventually went to prison for two years for stalking her. A very sad story.

Quote Originally Posted by punklove View Post
    Side by sides that were requested.

Its not the same girl, in the photo of Amy you can see that she has a thin upper lip compared to the alcala photo and the Amy has a more pronounced jaw & chin area. Just my two cents.
    Here is what I think is a positive indication that this woman is not Amy Billig.

Looking at their noses, if you draw a line from the base of one nasal ala to the base of the columella to the other ala, it is almost a straight line for the unidentified woman, but the line is "V" shaped for Amy Billig.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by plait View Post
    On a site a girl says that her mom was freaking out and thinks that this girl is her, but she cannot recall RA taking her pic. Don't know if posts is a joke. I hope this is no joke and thank god she's alive.
    Not sure i can post this here but I'll know if gets deleted.
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/for...LCALA_I_EDITED

Quote Originally Posted by plait View Post

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/for...LCALA_I_EDITED
    Definitely not the same person. Not even close. The girl's mother has a shorter forehead, squarer jaws and shorter face overall. She also looks more Hispanic than the unidentified woman.

Darn it. I was so hoping this girl is her so she could be alive. I do wonder why this posters mom would think its her in the pic.

I think more than one person has claimed a connection to RA because it makes an interesting story or to plug their book or something. Don't know if that's the case here but I do trust Carl's judgment that the girl's mother is not the "girl with eyes half- closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
    I think more than one person has claimed a connection to RA because it makes an interesting story or to plug their book or something.
    Maybe thats why i read that the LE will not confirm who they have positively identified.

Quote Originally Posted by punklove View Post
    [Image snipped]

Resized the photo 300% - didnt alter it otherwise.

Her eyes look a bit off to me, the eye on the left (our left, not hers) looks in a weird position in regards to the other eye if that makes sense? Sometimes I think I may be seeing things that arent there - her jaw looks swollen to me and I think I see a bruise or two on her face, like directly below the eye on our right.
    This woman and the Blue-Top-White-Pants Brunette, it's really hard to say if there's evidence of foul play. Maybe a slight tinge of discoloration on that lower neck furrow, but not nearly as much as can be found in at least three other of these photos. Those sure are some deep and wide grooves, however. There may also be some vertical texture imprinted such as from some kind of cord.

Too many of these pictures have something like that going on. You can probably find pictures on the web known to be innocent which show large neck creases, but what percentage? And how many of them are younger women? As they say in statistics, "This looks significantly above the chance level."

Quote Originally Posted by WildHuncher View Post
    This woman and the Blue-Top-White-Pants Brunette, it's really hard to say if there's evidence of foul play. Maybe a slight tinge of discoloration on that lower neck furrow, but not nearly as much as can be found in at least three other of these photos. Those sure are some deep and wide grooves, however. There may also be some vertical texture imprinted such as from some kind of cord.

Too many of these pictures have something like that going on. You can probably find pictures on the web known to be innocent which show large neck creases, but what percentage? And how many of them are younger women? As they say in statistics, "This looks significantly above the chance level."
    Think I read that RA would strangle them and revive them. Maybe the marks are from that.

**UPDATE** This girl has been identified by LE as being alive. No other info or name.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-18559_16...?tag=page;next
    Last edited by bessie; 06-09-2011 at 08:31 PM. Reason: added link
    Please consider my comments as my opinion. I don't ask that you agree with me and you are free to scroll past my post. Thanks for respecting my opinion as much as I respect yours.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Please help identify the unidentified photos found in the storage locker of serial killer, Rodney Alcala.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-F...61183953929612

31. The Following User Says Thank You to norest4thewicked For This Useful Post: