Identified! Long haired brunette with eyes half closed

tifflee

Reaction score
This girl reminds me of Amy Billig (missing since March 5, 1974 from Coconut Grove, Dade County, Florida) in some of her DoeNetwork photos. I know there are several threads on her case here and it's a long shot but it struck me when I saw the photo.
kz3e6a-kz3e1j0125.jpg

billig_amy4.jpg
billig_amy3.jpg

I couldn't agree more, I was gonna post this last night but it wouldn't let me stayed logged in. Good find, I think they look a whole lot alike!

This girl reminds me of Amy Billig (missing since March 5, 1974 from Coconut Grove, Dade County, Florida) in some of her DoeNetwork photos. I know there are several threads on her case here and it's a long shot but it struck me when I saw the photo.
kz3e6a-kz3e1j0125.jpg

billig_amy4.jpg
billig_amy3.jpg

I agree it looks a lot like her!
Has it been submitted?
:>)

The eyebrows look different but suppose a person could pluck their brows differently in different times.

I couldn't agree more, I was gonna post this last night but it wouldn't let me stayed logged in. Good find, I think they look a whole lot alike!

Can you enlarge both of those photos and this one as well? Also there is another photo of this girl and her hair looks straighter, but is same girl. A side by side enlarged would be good.
This should be enlarged but I can't do that right now (pc problem). Both of these are from the same group as you posted. Thanks.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/images/ABillig.jpg
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/images/ABillig7.jpg

Edited to add, I don't think this is her as to the information on Doe:
Billig was last seen hitchhiking along Main Highway in Coconut Grove, FL on March 5, 1974

I just came across this photo and noticed her neck--do those look like ridges, or just natural creases. Maybe its just my imagination. This is another picture where she might be drugged.

I just came across this photo and noticed her neck--do those look like ridges, or just natural creases. Maybe its just my imagination. This is another picture where she might be drugged.

The bottom ridge is a little more red looking, but it's really hard to say.

1zdyf02.jpg

Resized the photo 300% - didnt alter it otherwise.

Her eyes look a bit off to me, the eye on the left (our left, not hers) looks in a weird position in regards to the other eye if that makes sense? Sometimes I think I may be seeing things that arent there - her jaw looks swollen to me and I think I see a bruise or two on her face, like directly below the eye on our right.

4rtgfm.jpg

4hzc5w.jpg

Side by sides that were requested.

Its not the same girl, in the photo of Amy you can see that she has a thin upper lip compared to the alcala photo and the Amy has a more pronounced jaw & chin area. Just my two cents.

kz3e6a-kz3e1j0125.jpg

Could she be Ellen Hover with a swollen face. That looks like from a beating.

Amy Billig looks like a good match overall. Biggest problem is her disappearance is too early against Alcala's August 1974 release date. There's also a lack of evidence for Alcala in Florida. She might have run away on her own to CA and met him later, but the Charley Project data indicates her disappearance looked like foul play from the beginning with someone other than Alcala as the likeliest suspect.

On a site a girl says that her mom was freaking out and thinks that this girl is her, but she cannot recall RA taking her pic. Don't know if posts is a joke. I hope this is no joke and thank god she's alive.

The Amy Billig case is what inspired my interest in missing person cases. Her's is a very famous case. I first read about her in a book by a Miami reporter, Edna Buchanan, called The Corpse Had a Familiar Face. Amy's mother wrote a book called Without a Trace: The Disappearance of Amy Billig--A Mother's Search for Justice. Her mother searched for her for 21 years until her death in 2005. It is most likely Amy was either killed the day she was kidnapped by a motorcycle gang called The Pagans or killed by Henry Johnson Blair who spent years tormenting and stalking Amy's mother and who eventually went to prison for two years for stalking her. A very sad story.

Side by sides that were requested.

Its not the same girl, in the photo of Amy you can see that she has a thin upper lip compared to the alcala photo and the Amy has a more pronounced jaw & chin area. Just my two cents.

Here is what I think is a positive indication that this woman is not Amy Billig.

Looking at their noses, if you draw a line from the base of one nasal ala to the base of the columella to the other ala, it is almost a straight line for the unidentified woman, but the line is "V" shaped for Amy Billig.

2261681630045078242S600x600Q85.jpg

On a site a girl says that her mom was freaking out and thinks that this girl is her, but she cannot recall RA taking her pic. Don't know if posts is a joke. I hope this is no joke and thank god she's alive.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/fo...D_BY_THE_SERIAL_KILLER_RODNEY_ALCALA_I_EDITED

Definitely not the same person. Not even close. The girl's mother has a shorter forehead, squarer jaws and shorter face overall. She also looks more Hispanic than the unidentified woman.

Darn it. I was so hoping this girl is her so she could be alive. I do wonder why this posters mom would think its her in the pic.

I think more than one person has claimed a connection to RA because it makes an interesting story or to plug their book or something. Don't know if that's the case here but I do trust Carl's judgment that the girl's mother is not the "girl with eyes half- closed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back