1109 users online (227 members and 882 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Girl with wreath in hair standing by donkey

That's a pretty memorable animal there. Somebody ought to be able to remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    That's a pretty memorable animal there. Somebody ought to be able to remember it.

Definitely memorable. I have to wonder from the woman's dress, hairpiece, and the peacock feathers on the horse's bridal if this was taken at some sort of Pagan celebration... Perhaps Beltane (May Day) or Litha (Summer Solstice) or perhaps a hand fasting (wedding/committment festival). Peacock feathers are often used during these rituals and ceremonies, and the presence of a small horse, pony, etc, at a larger gathering would be no surprise.

Lynn Ruth Connes?
    Larger images:

Notice the gap in the front teeth. Could Alcala's photo be a reverse image? Would that match up the teeth better?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post
    Lynn Ruth Connes?
    Larger images:

Notice the gap in the front teeth. Could Alcala's photo be a reverse image? Would that match up the teeth better?
    On first look, Ruth's face looks a little longer and narrower IMO, but it could be that her teeth might be apart in the B&W photo.

Other than that, it looks pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    On first look, Ruth's face looks a little longer and narrower IMO, but it could be that her teeth might be apart in the B&W photo.

Other than that, it looks pretty close.
    You took the words right outa my mouth. I had brought Lynn up as a possible Garrido victim. She met someone in a restaurant and while we were researching that, someone who knew Berkeley said it was near People's Park (a hang out of Garrido's), I wonder if there was some sort of festival going on there that day? Or somewhere else in Berkeley, off hand I can't remember the time of day she disappeared.

Whoa, just went back and red about her. I'd forgotten that she'd advertised herself as a model and met a photographer named "Jeff". Even if this picture isn't her, the circumstances of her disappearance now sure fits Alcala's MO. I would definitely send this on to the Berkley PD.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post
    Lynn Ruth Connes?
    Larger images:

I tend to think the girl is just someone from a Renaisance Festival somewhere but you never know.
    I looked at a blowup of the renaisance girl and it looks like her right front tooth might be capped, so could explain what appears to be a little less of a gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbackon View Post
    I tend to think the girl is just someone from a Renaisance Festival somewhere but you never know.
    I looked at a blowup of the renaisance girl and it looks like her right front tooth might be capped, so could explain what appears to be a little less of a gap.
    The woman in the flowered headdress looks quite a bit older to me. Look at the corners of her eyes and mouth, where wrinkles are starting to form, and her hands, which aren't quite smooth any more. I'd say thirtyish...

Quote Originally Posted by Billylee View Post
    Whoa, just went back and red about her. I'd forgotten that she'd advertised herself as a model and met a photographer named "Jeff". Even if this picture isn't her, the circumstances of her disappearance now sure fits Alcala's MO. I would definitely send this on to the Berkley PD.
    Yes, even if she doesn't match one of the photos, she sounds like she could be a victim.

These original post numbers belong here 349, 351, 353,354, 355, 356 & 357. How do I get them here? Do you have to go to each individual post copy and paste? Just wondering if there's an easier way before I attempt to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Billylee View Post
    These original post numbers belong here 349, 351, 353,354, 355, 356 & 357. How do I get them here? Do you have to go to each individual post copy and paste? Just wondering if there's an easier way before I attempt to do that?
    I'll grab them, Billy.

ETA: Done. Would someone please check them and poke me if I grabbed the wrong ones? Thanks!
    Last edited by BeanE; 03-23-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Looking at this photograph again I was wondering if perhaps the event this was taken at is the same as another photograph we see a young brunette girl at some kind of event. You can see all the people looking down into what looks like a ring. I'll find her.

This woman looks so much like Lynn Ruth Connes. She disappeared in 1976. Alcala was locked up then, right?

There seems to be so much going on in this photo we or someone should have seen this out there and identified this woman. Heck, I hope SHE called up and identified herself.

This is the other girl I'm wondering if this all isn't the same event. Purely guessing.

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress...0/03/01721.jpg
    Last edited by Filly; 04-03-2010 at 03:04 AM.

Here's a close-up of the symbols adorning the bridle/harness, maybe they'll mean something to someone.
    dnky1a.jpg
    It is the nature of the truth to struggle to the light.

Quote Originally Posted by jessunlil View Post
    Here's a close-up of the symbols adorning the bridle/harness, maybe they'll mean something to someone.
    dnky1a.jpg
    Two suns. That's what I am seeing and one has turqoise in the middle. Maybe "Beltane"?

I was looking up peacock feathers as well.

As always thank you, Jess. Hope your head is feeling better.

How about Sylvia for a match:

Link: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...on_sylvia.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast