Girl with wreath in hair standing by donkey

Donjeta

Adji Desir, missing from Florida
Reaction score
That's a pretty memorable animal there. Somebody ought to be able to remember it.

alcala-%2874%29.jpg

That's a pretty memorable animal there. Somebody ought to be able to remember it.

alcala-%2874%29.jpg

Definitely memorable. I have to wonder from the woman's dress, hairpiece, and the peacock feathers on the horse's bridal if this was taken at some sort of Pagan celebration... Perhaps Beltane (May Day) or Litha (Summer Solstice) or perhaps a hand fasting (wedding/committment festival). Peacock feathers are often used during these rituals and ceremonies, and the presence of a small horse, pony, etc, at a larger gathering would be no surprise.

Lynn Ruth Connes?
Larger images:

lynnconnes.jpg
lynnruthconnes.jpg

Notice the gap in the front teeth. Could Alcala's photo be a reverse image? Would that match up the teeth better?

On first look, Ruth's face looks a little longer and narrower IMO, but it could be that her teeth might be apart in the B&W photo.

Other than that, it looks pretty close.

On first look, Ruth's face looks a little longer and narrower IMO, but it could be that her teeth might be apart in the B&W photo.

Other than that, it looks pretty close.

You took the words right outa my mouth. I had brought Lynn up as a possible Garrido victim. She met someone in a restaurant and while we were researching that, someone who knew Berkeley said it was near People's Park (a hang out of Garrido's), I wonder if there was some sort of festival going on there that day? Or somewhere else in Berkeley, off hand I can't remember the time of day she disappeared.

Whoa, just went back and red about her. I'd forgotten that she'd advertised herself as a model and met a photographer named "Jeff". Even if this picture isn't her, the circumstances of her disappearance now sure fits Alcala's MO. I would definitely send this on to the Berkley PD.

Lynn Ruth Connes?
Larger images:

lynnconnes.jpg
lynnruthconnes.jpg

Notice the gap in the front teeth. Could Alcala's photo be a reverse image? Would that match up the teeth better?

I tend to think the girl is just someone from a Renaisance Festival somewhere but you never know.
I looked at a blowup of the renaisance girl and it looks like her right front tooth might be capped, so could explain what appears to be a little less of a gap.

I tend to think the girl is just someone from a Renaisance Festival somewhere but you never know.
I looked at a blowup of the renaisance girl and it looks like her right front tooth might be capped, so could explain what appears to be a little less of a gap.

The woman in the flowered headdress looks quite a bit older to me. Look at the corners of her eyes and mouth, where wrinkles are starting to form, and her hands, which aren't quite smooth any more. I'd say thirtyish...

Whoa, just went back and red about her. I'd forgotten that she'd advertised herself as a model and met a photographer named "Jeff". Even if this picture isn't her, the circumstances of her disappearance now sure fits Alcala's MO. I would definitely send this on to the Berkley PD.

Yes, even if she doesn't match one of the photos, she sounds like she could be a victim.

These original post numbers belong here 349, 351, 353,354, 355, 356 & 357. How do I get them here? Do you have to go to each individual post copy and paste? Just wondering if there's an easier way before I attempt to do that?

These original post numbers belong here 349, 351, 353,354, 355, 356 & 357. How do I get them here? Do you have to go to each individual post copy and paste? Just wondering if there's an easier way before I attempt to do that?

I'll grab them, Billy.

ETA: Done. Would someone please check them and poke me if I grabbed the wrong ones? Thanks!

Looking at this photograph again I was wondering if perhaps the event this was taken at is the same as another photograph we see a young brunette girl at some kind of event. You can see all the people looking down into what looks like a ring. I'll find her.

This woman looks so much like Lynn Ruth Connes. She disappeared in 1976. Alcala was locked up then, right?

There seems to be so much going on in this photo we or someone should have seen this out there and identified this woman. Heck, I hope SHE called up and identified herself.

This is the other girl I'm wondering if this all isn't the same event. Purely guessing.

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/01721.jpg

Here's a close-up of the symbols adorning the bridle/harness, maybe they'll mean something to someone.
dnky1a.jpg

Here's a close-up of the symbols adorning the bridle/harness, maybe they'll mean something to someone.
View attachment 8503

Two suns. That's what I am seeing and one has turqoise in the middle. Maybe "Beltane"?

I was looking up peacock feathers as well.

As always thank you, Jess. Hope your head is feeling better.

I don't think the uid looks 39 years old though

She could be. Look at the wrinkles at the corners of her eyes, the crease between her eyebrows, the very slight sag to her jaw, the lines in her neck, the way the skin at her underarm looks like it could be sagging just a little. She's no teenager.

The jaw wrinkles and extra line in the cheek match Sylvia's quite closely. So do the wrinkles around and under her eyes. The square chin, the shape of the nostrils, the length of nose and length from nose to lip, the shape of eyebrows, cheekbones, forehead all seem to match.

Assuming it's an average size donkey, the woman in the photo would be around 5'6", which is Sylvia's height.

I think this looks like a very good possibility. The only thing I'm not sure about is the teeth -- but the picture of Sylvia is so poor it's impossible to tell much.

I'm thinking this photo may have been taken at the Renaissance Pleasure Faire of Southern California located in Irwindale, CA sometime between 1968-1972. This fair was the first renaissance fair in the country. They did have some kind of events with donkeys. I am thinking this photo might be related to the girls with dulcimers, also a
Renaissance Faire thing. There is quite a bit of information on the history of the early fairs. A lot to wade through. I doubt she was one of his victims. But I do think these pictures taken in crowds were probably when he was trolling for victims. He was probably always trolling for victims and that was his only interest in photography.

Thing is, this woman looks older than her twenties, but maybe it could be stress that makes her have crow's feet or wrinkles? I don't think she's older than 35 though

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back