926 users online (147 members and 779 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bargle View Post
    For clarity's sake, here's a small version of the pic.

Yes, they can contort their body like that. I thought the pose looked familiar and went looking for pics of ballet poses. I found this:

The girl in the picture has her arms positioned differently, but I belive it's the same basic pose. I think the girl is very probably a trained dancer.
    Agreed. I also think it would be a very difficult thing to pose a dead body like that, how would her leg be held up? We can see the entire leg so we would see if something was holding it up. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Bargle View Post
    For clarity's sake, here's a small version of the pic.

Yes, they can contort their body like that. I thought the pose looked familiar and went looking for pics of ballet poses. I found this:

The girl in the picture has her arms positioned differently, but I believe it's the same basic pose. I think the girl is very probably a trained dancer.
    Thank you.

You guys are right. I think the body would be too stiff to pose, right?

However I still don't see an entire leg. It kind of made it look as if her head were backward. That's just me though.

Maybe that will help us. A trained dancer. We can look for a trained dancer.

Very bizzare. The head is in the same position IMO in both pics. just different angles and the leg is up. I might add I also cannot see how a person can put their leg backwards like that.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

I agree. I think that she's holding a dance position. Her face and her body contradict themselves a bit and I think that she's probably younger than one might assume. For whatever reason, I also think that these pics were taken in Europe rather than in the US but I have no factual reasons to believe this. She's a beautiful girl and I hope that she sees herself and comes forth. The "free-spiritedness" of finding herself photographed outdoors, naked and posing like this is particularly disturbing in light of the fact that RA was photographing her.

MOO

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    Very bizzare. The head is in the same position IMO in both pics. just different angles and the leg is up. I might add I also cannot see how a person can put their leg backwards like that.
    Dancers can and do. Her legs are clearly extended and the fact that she is actively (alive) and using her muscles to do so is evident in the photograph.

MOO

I imagine it would be extremely difficult to prop a dead person upright in such a dance pose, especially without having the ropes and whatnot to show in the photo. Andh her expression seems to subtly change between the photos which it likely wouldn't if she was dead.

She seems alive in these pictures to me. There are two dance poses and three sitting poses and they are all somewhat different.

I do think though that we have five pictures of this girl for a reason.

Unfortunately I have not had luck trying to match her to any of the missing. Does anyone have any ideas about possible matches?

I'm not sure she is drugged. Her expression made me think of the psychology term disassociation, where the person distances herself emotionally from what is going on in order to endure it. Common with abused children.

The necklace looks like it might actually be hair jewelery. Did people put beads and stuff in their hair in the 70s?

Quote Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
    The necklace looks like it might actually be hair jewelery. Did people put beads and stuff in their hair in the 70s?
    I was actually wondering if the part hanging down that we can see is a roach clip. People used to sometimes wear those in their hair. They often had feathers in them or were beaded.

Looks like just a tassel in the cropped, enlarged picture I posted.

To me, she looks relaxed but pretty stoned. I wonder if he was taking these as if a photo shoot and she's thinking everything's alright and then maybe afterward something bad could have happened? I just hate the fact that they seem to be out in the middle of no where alone. That doesn't make me feel to good about her being alive but you never know.

That doesn't look like a dancer's muscle tone or toe point. But she might be flexible. And she definitely looks high.

Quote Originally Posted by DD Byrd View Post
    That doesn't look like a dancer's muscle tone or toe point. But she might be flexible. And she definitely looks high.
    I agree with you. This photo is disturbing to me. Not only does the toe point and arch of the foot look wrong to me, but the general way the leg is facing looks wrong. At first I thought it was someone elses leg. Her arms are not out stetched like a dance movement would be in order to keep her balance. Just my 2 cents

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress...pg?w=378&h=354

FWIW, I showed this photo to a gymnastic instructor. She said the following:
    The pose illustration shows the lower leg and toe pointing downward which is the classic dance pose. However, the "Helmet" girl's leg is a straight on shot and you can see the rounded beginning of the hip area, meaning there is no way a person could contort into this pose. Note the frontal position of the leg. Her conclusion was that there is another girl in the photo, on her side, facing the camera, doing a side leg lift.
    Feel free to check this out. Not sure who it could be with her, but looking at the brushy location, it could be someone from other photos.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast