742 users online (87 members and 655 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 102
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Central Nevada
    Posts
    586
    The more I look at this photo, the weirder it gets.
    (http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress...0/03/00273.jpg)

    Here's a close-up of the leg/hip area.
    It is the nature of the truth to struggle to the light.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    42
    There are people who can do "contortion ballet". Google it and see what I'm talking about. The skin on her body and on the leg match perfectly. I know I couldn't strike this pose, but I think that maybe she really did.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Quote Originally Posted by rosierider View Post
    There are people who can do "contortion ballet". Google it and see what I'm talking about. The skin on her body and on the leg match perfectly. I know I couldn't strike this pose, but I think that maybe she really did.
    O.K. rosie. If this woman did know how to do this maybe it would fit in with Alcala's "dancers" theme?

    I posted a letter for sale by Alcala. In it he asks the seller of the letter to get him pictures of a certain actress in a bikini. The woman plays a dancer in a TV movie and a featured film. Oh and if he couldn't get any of her in a bikini he wants one with bare legs showing. Creepy enough but after seeing all these photographs it's plain sad.

    Also, Robin was on her way to ballet class. Ya know I bet he stalked firls who came and went to ballet classes. Perhaps that wasn't a chance meeting. So sad again.

    I looked at those contortionists. I still don't believe this poor lady was doing that on her own. Her head is way out of line or something. Thanks though as those contortionists are interesting.

    So, maybe we are looking for a missing ballet dancer?

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    O.K. rosie. If this woman did know how to do this maybe it would fit in with Alcala's "dancers" theme?

    I posted a letter for sale by Alcala. In it he asks the seller of the letter to get him pictures of a certain actress in a bikini. The woman plays a dancer in a TV movie and a featured film. Oh and if he couldn't get any of her in a bikini he wants one with bare legs showing. Creepy enough but after seeing all these photographs it's plain sad.

    Also, Robin was on her way to ballet class. Ya know I bet he stalked firls who came and went to ballet classes. Perhaps that wasn't a chance meeting. So sad again.

    I looked at those contortionists. I still don't believe this poor lady was doing that on her own. Her head is way out of line or something. Thanks though as those contortionists are interesting.

    So, maybe we are looking for a missing ballet dancer?
    IMO the legs too big for ballet dancer. I do however think that this girl is not well if not expired. I mean if you look at the helmet and contortion pictures her eyes do not change the head is in a weird position. The contortion picture it almost looks unnatural the way her head is turned so much (like a broken neck?) and her eyes are not that way and she doesnt look high in the third pic that looks like she is ontop of someone doing somethng.
    Last edited by Sleuthster; 04-03-2010 at 08:20 PM.
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    42
    Ballet dancers tend to be very thin, often to the point of anorexia. I've never seen a ballerina with big thighs.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,875
    Quote Originally Posted by rosierider View Post
    Ballet dancers tend to be very thin, often to the point of anorexia. I've never seen a ballerina with big thighs.
    Exactly.
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    42
    I really really really hope that we eventually find out the fate of this one. She's haunting me.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by smiles_001 View Post

    ...My mama's sister was murdered in 1976 and it totally devestated our family, especially my grandmother. She is passed away now but the years of depression and sadness she went through was beyond belief. I even have pictures of her before the murder and years after the murder and you can see the pain etched all in her face, her eyes hollow, a look of total despair.
    People like this guy, Alcala for instance. What caused him to have no regard for human life, was he born evil or did he become this way through circumstances?
    Sorry to hear of your loss smiles. There are many reasons people do the unspeakable to others and I am sick and tired of them being defended as having addictions (as in porn) or they were 'insane'. There is such a thing as plain evil in this world and it seems folks don't want to admit it so they call it something else. Alcala was not of this world and he was not insane. Evil beyond description. MO

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by rosierider View Post
    Ballet dancers tend to be very thin, often to the point of anorexia. I've never seen a ballerina with big thighs.
    There is just one girl in the pic imho.
    Not only is skin the same, but how the heck would a dead person just happen to be classically looking back at her foot as this pose has? How does her mouth stay beautifully closed with still supple lips?


    You would have had to have put a pole thru her body to get her back to remain straight up and there would be ropes or something hanging her from everywhere.
    This is simply a live woman, who was very flexible. Heck I think I could have done this pose when I was young and I only took ballet for 4 years.
    One secret to this pose is being able to greatly arch your back, and I clearly see where her back is rippled where the main bend is. Some is hair that you see but at the very bottom it is a bend.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    42
    I am back again. Looking again. I still think it is HER leg. She's not a famous ballerina with a perfect ballet body type, but a very flexible girl who has taken lessons and can strike amazing poses.


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    468

    Arabesque

    Quote Originally Posted by rosierider View Post
    I am back again. Looking again. I still think it is HER leg. She's not a famous ballerina with a perfect ballet body type, but a very flexible girl who has taken lessons and can strike amazing poses.
    I have tried to find a good illustration, but it's hard to get for free. There are descriptions in books of different arabesque positions, which is what this is, but the variations descriptions have words I don't even understand (french terms I think?) but sounds like 4th position with the head turn being just an added thing, because usual the head is "in profile" . It all depends on where the audience is compared to the dancer I think.
    p.s Modern day dancers are more likely to be anorexic compared to years back. I think ballet dancers can have some pretty muscular legs, so what may appear to be husky, is just muscle.
    Last edited by Imbackon; 04-03-2010 at 11:09 PM.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by rosierider View Post
    I am back again. Looking again. I still think it is HER leg. She's not a famous ballerina with a perfect ballet body type, but a very flexible girl who has taken lessons and can strike amazing poses.
    Agreed. Many former dancers/gymnasts can probably perform such maneuvers without having an overly slim body.

    I think the poses look awkward because they are cropped to prevent showing any nudity.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    432

    Camera angels

    When I posted the reply from a gymnastic teacher regarding the 'pose', I accepted, relunctently, her opinion as I know nothing from gymnastics. I have been following the input of others here (good observations) and looking at the photo.
    I am still on the fence about this but am leaning more to this is one girl.
    Reason? While I don't know dance positions, I know a bit about camera angle and lighting. Looking at the photo, the let is exactly as the instructor said - it is a straight on shot; however, the upper portion of the body showing suggests an upward angle while taking a photo.
    So one way of explaining it is the same girl is to say that her pose is NOT as exaggerated as it appears. It is the angle. The one taking the photo is down looking up to photo. Considering the sexual nature of these photos, I can see why it would be taken at this angle. Sheesh! If that person was beside the girl, her extended leg would appear pointed down as in the usual dance pose. Not sure if I explained this well enough. Hope it helps.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by Mensch View Post
    When I posted the reply from a gymnastic teacher regarding the 'pose', I accepted, relunctantly, her opinion as I know nothing from gymnastics. I have been following the input of others here (good observations) and looking at the photo.
    I am still on the fence about this but am leaning more to this is one girl.
    Reason? While I don't know dance positions, I know a bit about camera angle and lighting. Looking at the photo, the let is exactly as the instructor said - it is a straight on shot; however, the upper portion of the body showing suggests an upward angle while taking a photo.
    So one way of explaining it is the same girl is to say that her pose is NOT as exaggerated as it appears. It is the angle. The one taking the photo is down looking up to photo. Considering the sexual nature of these photos, I can see why it would be taken at this angle. Sheesh! If that person was beside the girl, her extended leg would appear pointed down as in the usual dance pose. Not sure if I explained this well enough. Hope it helps.
    In addition to your thoughts on the angle the picture is taken from, I also note that the tree in the background is leaning at an angle. That could be natural, but I wasn't sure, so I straightened the tree in my photo editor. Overall the picture doesn't look that much different, but I did notice that now the hair on the right side of her head hangs straight showing that is correct orientation. I don't know if that matters for beans, but here's the re-angled pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by Bargle View Post
    In addition to your thoughts on the angle the picture is taken from, I also note that the tree in the background is leaning at an angle. That could be natural, but I wasn't sure, so I straightened the tree in my photo editor. Overall the picture doesn't look that much different, but I did notice that now the hair on the right side of her head hangs straight showing that is correct orientation. I don't know if that matters for beans, but here's the re-angled pic.
    Thanks Bargle. I also have manipulated the photo into different angles and lighting. Even considering the upward angle of the shot, it still leaves a very long distance from the rounded hip ares seen in the photo to the torso of the girl which appears entirely twisted in a position completely opposite of the forward view of the leg. I am not sure if it is even relevant to the purpose of the photo which is identifying the person shown, but if there are others in the image, that is generally beneficial.
    Last edited by Mensch; 04-04-2010 at 12:37 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. World's oldest woman dies, title moves to US woman
    By zwiebel in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-18-2015, 05:01 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2013, 05:10 AM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-23-2012, 01:42 AM
  4. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 07:41 AM
  5. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 05:31 PM