1529 users online (281 members and 1248 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by punklove View Post
    I wish we knew exactly where the scar was, you can see something on her stomach but its hard to tell if its a scar.
    The scar is on a forearm per this:

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    DOROTHY MILDRED CLITHEROEAge Progression Case Type: Endangered Missing DOB: Aug 6, 1959Sex: FemaleMissing Date: Sep 20, 1973Race: WhiteAge Now: 50Height: 5'3" (160 cm)Missing City: PHOENIXWeight: 130 lbs (59 kg)Missing State : AZHair Color: BrownMissing Country: United StatesEye Color: BrownCase Number: NCMC942383Circumstances: Dorothy's photo is shown age-progressed to 49 years. She was last seen on September 20, 1973 at Cortez Park in Phoenix, Arizona. She was wearing Levi bell bottom jeans and a white tank top with a pattern of upside down multi-colored teardrop shapes. She wore thick eyeglasses and had pierced ears but it is unknown if she was wearing any jewelry when she disappeared. She may have had the remnants of a "US Steel" scar on one of her forearms from backing into a hot radiator. It is possible only the letter "U" was still visible.
    Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    She has a burn scar on her arm but nothing mentioned on her leg. That could be a bruise -- I used to have marks like that on my thighs all the time back in the days when I played softball.
    WOW....

I'm going to (very respectfully) disagree with those who think she looks badly beated and under duress. IMHO, her smile matches her professional/yearbook photo and school pictures aren't taken under duress so she is probably smiling genuinely. Sadly, if this girl is identified as a victim, I don't think she had any idea who she was posing for at the time this photo was taken and she was just innocently clowning for the camera.

She looks like she has an athletic build -- see the "bodybuilder" pose photo. Also, note the distance she was from Alcala, who might have also been behind a tripod. If she felt threatened at that moment in time I think she would have easily outrun him. If she had been beaten badly I don't think she could have balanced on the rock so easily. Those probably are real bruises, though; I just think she got them somewhere else and possibly from an accident rather than violence.

I agree, tatertot.

Her expression reminds me of the way I look without my glasses. Sort of disoriented. Did Clitheroe normally wear glasses?

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    I agree, tatertot.

Her expression reminds me of the way I look without my glasses. Sort of disoriented. Did Clitheroe normally wear glasses?
    Yes, she did.

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    I'm going to (very respectfully) disagree with those who think she looks badly beated and under duress. IMHO, her smile matches her professional/yearbook photo and school pictures aren't taken under duress so she is probably smiling genuinely. Sadly, if this girl is identified as a victim, I don't think she had any idea who she was posing for at the time this photo was taken and she was just innocently clowning for the camera.

She looks like she has an athletic build -- see the "bodybuilder" pose photo. Also, note the distance she was from Alcala, who might have also been behind a tripod. If she felt threatened at that moment in time I think she would have easily outrun him. If she had been beaten badly I don't think she could have balanced on the rock so easily. Those probably are real bruises, though; I just think she got them somewhere else and possibly from an accident rather than violence.
    I agree, her smile looks very natural and unforced. It wouldn't surprise me if she was active in sports and I think the bruising is likely from that kind of activity, not from being injured by Alcala.
    Since it doesn't seem to be in this thread, here's a link to the bodybuilder pose.
    Last edited by Bargle; 03-26-2010 at 12:00 PM.

Thanks for posting that. Also, my bad, she wasn't standing on a rock (bad memory!) but it would be near impossible to balance as she did on badly injured legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bargle View Post
    I agree, her smile looks very natural and unforced. It wouldn't surprise me if she was active in sports and I think the bruising is likely from that kind of activity, not from being injured by Alcala.
    Since it doesn't seem to be in this thread, here's a link to the bodybuilder pose.
    I have been trying to find this image in a large resolution format that can be blown up but I can't find one! For some reason, this picture is not on Nancy Grace's blog...Does anyone have a link???

Quote Originally Posted by dsntslp View Post
    Very good observations on the writing/markings on what could be the Clitheroe girl.
    I can tell you this, "back in the day" when I was a runaway I kept my ss# written on the bottom of my foot with black permanent marker, along with all kinds of other strange things to try and be sure if I disappeared I might be identified. Strange how we think at 14 years of age. It rarely occurred to me I would not be found in time to still have flesh... My trivia for the day, just trying to show you that yes she may very well be thinking like that.
    wow, do you know if that is/was a common practice among runaways? I've never heard of that before ...

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    wow, do you know if that is/was a common practice among runaways? I've never heard of that before ...
    I have heard of it before but I don't know how common it is.

Possible?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...le_sherry.html

The Charlie Page comment about her ankle also caught my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    I don't know, sorry. I am the same runaway that called home collect every Sunday night at 6pm and then promptly changed cities, ugh. I do know that another runaway taught me to write on my foot like that though. I think the theory was that most guys weren't interested in removing our shoes...

What I DO know, IMO is
    those shorts are not red. They are blue and white engineer shorts. Like the engineer bib overalls. They only look red because there is some kind of red filter on the camera or possibly due to the developing process. I don't know much about cameras or developing sorry. IMO
    Last edited by dsntslp; 03-31-2010 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    Possible?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...le_sherry.html

The Charlie Page comment about her ankle also caught my attention.
    Wasn't Alcala incarcerated at the time of her disappearance? For the "Tali" case, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    Wasn't Alcala incarcerated at the time of her disappearance? For the "Tali" case, I think.
    Yes, he was incarcerated from August 12, 1971 to August 3, 1974. If Sherry Jean Pickle was a runaway who hadn't met with foul play prior to his getting out of jail, she could have met him after he did. It just struck me that she also looked like the girl in the Alcala pictures and then when I read the Charley page I also noticed the comment about her ankle.

same girl?

Are this girl and the "Girl with glasses" the same girl?
    The photo of Dorothy Clitheroe with glasses looks amazingly like "Girl with glasses" to me.
    I hope this doesn't blow the margins...:}
    Top photos Alcala bottom photos Dorothy Clitheroe
    I'm going to post this in both threads
    :>)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stumpedpa; 03-31-2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: added photo explaination/more explaintion

Anyone else notice the right eye of both girls? Lazy eye?
    Proud WS N-LIB

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast