1520 users online (247 members and 1273 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Shyburia
    Posts
    23

    Girl teen, Boy teen, both short hair


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Saving Grace View Post
    They fit the description don't they? Where was Acala living in December of 78?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    3,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Saving Grace View Post
    VERY interesting! The timeline would fit. Alcala was out of jail at the estimated time of death (Dec. 1978) of the UID's in the poster.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The South, USA
    Posts
    2,405
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post
    VERY interesting! The timeline would fit. Alcala was out of jail at the estimated time of death (Dec. 1978) of the UID's in the poster.
    Wow...that's pretty amazing.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Saving Grace View Post
    I mirrored the Mendocino John Doe photo and rotated it slightly to match the direction of the boy in the Alcala photo. I then traced MJD's features and overlaid the trace lines over the boy's photo. Almost Perfect Match!!



    The second comparison is more difficult because the woman in the Alcala photo has her head turned slightly to her left. But I can still use this technique to test the vertical spacing of her features. In this case, when I align the trace lines to her nose and chin, the vertical positioning of her eyes falls out of alignment.

    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-13-2012 at 11:42 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    georgia/florida
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by Saving Grace View Post
    I am glad you saw this-I thought about the boy picture then dismissed it because I couldn't match the girl. I think you did a great following through.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,855
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    I mirrored the Mendocino John Doe photo and rotated it slightly to match the direction of the boy in the Alcala photo. I then traced MJD's features and overlaid the trace lines over the boy's photo. Almost Perfect Match!!



    I called this in a week ago, and today, Detective Reilly of Huntington Beach PD returned my call.

    At the time I made the call, it was thought that this was a boy, and consequently, that it was a possible to Mendocino County John Doe. However, it was later concluded on this board that this is actually a female.

    Detective Reilly confirmed this. This is a female, and therefore is not a match to Mendocino John Doe.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-13-2012 at 11:42 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    2 Oaks and a Stump, MI
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    I called this in a week ago, and today, Detective Reilly of Huntington Beach PD returned my call.

    At the time I made the call, it was thought that this was a boy, and consequently, that it was a possible to Mendocino County John Doe. However, it was later concluded on this board that this is actually a female.

    Detective Reilly confirmed this. This is a female, and therefore is not a match to Mendocino John Doe.
    Can I ask a really stupid question, how was it concluded this was a female ?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    2 Oaks and a Stump, MI
    Posts
    309
    nevermind, I answered my own question, I'm assuming there was more of the body in the actual picture than what we are seeing here.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,247
    I wondered if he could be a match for Mendocino John Doe.



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    3,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurkey Lou View Post
    nevermind, I answered my own question, I'm assuming there was more of the body in the actual picture than what we are seeing here.
    Right. The detectives cropped all the pictures of the topless women, so they would definitely know it was not a boy.

    But not a stupid question at all. I thought it was a boy for a long time.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    159
    Is it known for certain that the boy who is actually a girl was taken in 78? She reminds me a little of Cali of New York...:caution on pdf and recon:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,247
    As far as I know we don't have a date for the Alcala photo.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    3,080
    Quote Originally Posted by DD Byrd View Post
    Is it known for certain that the boy who is actually a girl was taken in 78? She reminds me a little of Cali of New York...:caution on pdf and recon:

    The Caledonia Jane Doe was found on November 9, 1979 and was most probably killed a day earlier. Alcala had already been arrested on July 24, 1979 and he has been in custody ever since. Now whether he met her in previous months/years and took her photograph is pure speculation, but he surely did not kill her, as he was in jail in California at the time.

    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1ufny.html

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,962
    Bumping this up for any new interest.
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.





    https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Scottish teen girl 'too white' to fly
    By zwiebel in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-12-2015, 06:38 PM
  2. Teen dies when long hair catches in steering wheel
    By zwiebel in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-05-2014, 11:59 PM