1592 users online (253 members and 1339 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,871

    Possible Alcala victims?

    Many reports have stated that Alcala sometimes "smashed in" his victim's faces and heads.

    This thread is for corpses/skeletons found with this same type of facial and/or cranial destruction, that have not yet been linked to Alcala, or any other killer.

    Unidentified bodies/skeletons with this type of injury- especially found in desert locations, should be listed and discussed in this thread.

    The time frame of these types of discoveries would start from the beginning of Alcala's known killing spree, until the present day- as there may still be victims of Alcala whose bodies/ skeletons have yet to be found.
    Last edited by smart blonde; 03-23-2010 at 02:37 PM.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,884
    Quote Originally Posted by smart blonde View Post
    Many reports have stated that Alcala sometimes "smashed in" his victim's faces and heads.

    This thread is for corpses/skeletons found with this same type of facial and/or cranial destruction, that have not yet been linked to Alcala, or any other killer.

    Unidentified bodies/skeletons with this type of injury- especially found in desert locations, should be listed and discussed in this thread.

    The time frame of these types of discoveries would start from the beginning of Alcala's known killing spree, until the present day- as there may still be victims of Alcala whose bodies/ skeletons have yet to be found.
    I'll help look on doe network. Good idea. Thanks
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,884
    www.doenetwork.org/cases/661uffl.html
    www.doenetwork.org/cases/119ufma.html
    www.doenetwork.org/media/news46.html (this one is very interesting because she was found in Nevada but I can't find her on the coroners page and it was 23 years before the article in 2003 so it could have been 1979) She was probably this one though www.doenetwork.org/cases/258ufnv.html which would have been too late 1980.



    edit' here is on in California www.doenetwork.org/cases/2ufca.html
    Last edited by Sleuthster; 03-23-2010 at 04:10 PM.
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    western PA, USA
    Posts
    903
    "Arroyo Grande" Jane Doe is the same woman who was found October 5, 1980 in Nevada:

    http://www.officer.com/print/Law-Enf...nknown/1$37947
    Last edited by tatertot; 03-24-2010 at 09:27 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    western PA, USA
    Posts
    903
    Female found in Texas, 1981, estimated to have been killed between 1976 and 1980: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/543uftx.html

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,247
    I think we can rule out http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/119ufma.html
    as being an Alcala victim on account of she was found in July 1974 and it was estimated she had been dead for three weeks at the most. According to Joe's timeline Alcala was released on parole in August 1974.

    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/661uffl.html
    The nightgown and the hair in rollers make me think domestic violence but who knows.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    I think we can rule out http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/119ufma.html
    as being an Alcala victim on account of she was found in July 1974 and it was estimated she had been dead for three weeks at the most. According to Joe's timeline Alcala was released on parole in August 1974.

    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/661uffl.html
    The nightgown and the hair in rollers make me think domestic violence but who knows.
    Yes, my first thought too but then again she could have been abducted/killed from her home while she was sleeping. Interestingly, St Pete police exhumed this doe a few weeks ago along with 2 others in order to get DNA and identify them. Havent heard anything recently.
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,545

    Possible Alcala Victims??

    I didn't know where to stick this one. Mods please merge/move/delete, etc. if needed.

    I am not certain where Alcala was on the date that Jacci went missing (September 3, 1977 or near that date). It is possible he was in N.H. though??

    I haven't found if that anyone else had been convicted of this crime or not. If I do find out it was resolved, I will post update.

    --
    September 13, 1977

    Missing Woman's Body Said Located

    The body of a 21 year old Spokane woman (Jacci Snyder) missing 10 days in N.H. was found in a wooded area near Lee, N.H...apparently victim of foul play

    See link for rest of article: http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...4915%2C3066068
    Last edited by Earthbound Misfit I; 03-27-2010 at 05:49 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,545

    Possible Washington State Victim?

    The woman had been strangled and sexually mutilated...

    Articles Below Dated July 28, 1977. Body had been in van 2 to 4 weeks.
    Unidentified Body Found In Yakima
    Woman's Body Found In Car

    Her DoeNetwork Page

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,438
    Quote Originally Posted by RKnowley View Post
    I didn't know where to stick this one. Mods please merge/move/delete, etc. if needed.

    I am not certain where Alcala was on the date that Jacci went missing (September 3, 1977 or near that date). It is possible he was in N.H. though??

    I haven't found if that anyone else had been convicted of this crime or not. If I do find out it was resolved, I will post update.

    --
    September 13, 1977

    Missing Woman's Body Said Located

    The body of a 21 year old Spokane woman (Jacci Snyder) missing 10 days in N.H. was found in a wooded area near Lee, N.H...apparently victim of foul play

    See link for rest of article: http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...4915%2C3066068
    I brought Jackie up in the first thread we had, but can't find a picture of her.

    JoeFromLB JoeFromLB is online now
    Registered User

    Join Date: Apr 2009
    Location: Long Beach, California
    Posts: 528
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Billylee View Post
    http://doj.nh.gov/coldcaseunit/listi...nne-snyder.htm

    The above link doesn't have a picture. Does anyone know what Jacylnne Snyder looked like? Is there a picture out there somewhere? I believe Acala was back on the East coast during the time she was murdered. (correct me if I'm wrong). She went missing 9/4/77 and her body was found 9/14/77.

    Alcala was in NY in July and is suspected of murdering Ellen Hover on July 15th.
    He was back in Los Angeles sometime in September because that's the month he was hired by the L.A. Times as a typesetter, according to reports. The exact date is not clear, however. It could have been at the end of the month, who knows...

    It's too bad there is no photo available for Jaclynne. I've looked around and can't find one, either.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,438
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...,8083355&hl=en


    This article all sounds like they could be Alcala victims to me. Did he ever wear a mustache?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,545
    Shoot, sorry Billyee! I didn't notice that Jacci had been discussed before. I haven't able to find any pic of her either. I will continue looking and see what comes up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Billylee View Post
    I brought Jackie up in the first thread we had, but can't find a picture of her.

    JoeFromLB JoeFromLB is online now
    Registered User

    Join Date: Apr 2009
    Location: Long Beach, California
    Posts: 528
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Billylee View Post
    http://doj.nh.gov/coldcaseunit/listi...nne-snyder.htm

    The above link doesn't have a picture. Does anyone know what Jacylnne Snyder looked like? Is there a picture out there somewhere? I believe Acala was back on the East coast during the time she was murdered. (correct me if I'm wrong). She went missing 9/4/77 and her body was found 9/14/77.

    Alcala was in NY in July and is suspected of murdering Ellen Hover on July 15th.
    He was back in Los Angeles sometime in September because that's the month he was hired by the L.A. Times as a typesetter, according to reports. The exact date is not clear, however. It could have been at the end of the month, who knows...

    It's too bad there is no photo available for Jaclynne. I've looked around and can't find one, either.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    279

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,545
    Thank you so much CCJD.

    Quote Originally Posted by CCJD View Post
    there's a pic of Jacci at this link:
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...Jq1ymYqhp1iqAQ

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,545

    Does Anyone Have Access to These Records?

    I thought it might be nice to have a thread that we could post "interesting finds" we might run across while researching, that may be related to Alcala, that would require someone who has full access to the records for complete article/information.

    For example:

    I found the following article preview, but, I do not have access to the complete article. Is there anyone here that does have access to the "New York Times" who would be willing to look up this article for complete details and check for any updates? Thank you.

    Article Preview

    STRANGLED WOMAN STILL UNIDENTIFIED

    March 4, 1970, Wednesday
    Page 32, 153 words

    SOUTH NYACK, N. Y., March 2 The unidentified body of a young woman found in a wooded area here Sunday has prompted several dozen calls from distraught families in various parts of the country who are seeking a missing girl. [ END OF FIRST PARAGRAPH ]
    http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstra...88D85F448785F9

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. TIMELINE - Where was Alcala and when?
    By JoeFromLB in forum Alcala and the Unidentified
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-28-2017, 10:53 PM
  2. Alcala and His Crimes
    By Earthbound Misfit I in forum Alcala and the Unidentified
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-03-2015, 07:42 AM
  3. FACEBOOK for Alcala Photos
    By norest4thewicked in forum Facebook for the Missing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 11:24 PM

Tags for this Thread