1354 users online (249 members and 1105 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I'll toss a wet blanket.

The UID appears to be in Alcala's LA apartment in his last stint out there, just before his arrest. His girlfriend at that time was photographed in front of the same sheet exhibiting the same sags and wrinkles. It's 4-5 years after Rachel's Texas disappearance.

Because three girls disappeared at once in that Texas case, what would be an improbable scenario connecting them (or ONE of them) with Alcala vanishes into a well-nigh impossible one. Texas law enforcement believes the girls "left the mall willingly with a person that they trusted," then were "harmed afterward." (That is, molested and murdered, probably within hours.)

It's easy to see where they're getting this. It's hard to forcibly abduct three girls at once without drawing any attention. One is hard. Three figures to be more than three times harder than one. Because it's almost the only way it could happen, they must have got quietly into a vehicle. They took an invitation that they quickly regretted.

It should also be a lot harder to keep three abductees for a long time. There have been a few instances of kidnapped people resurfacing after years. It's a tiny percentage of cases, though, and I don't know of any instance in this category where more than one person was abducted. Three is probably too many. Sooner or later someone's going to sneak away and start making phone calls, or walk into a police station, whatever.

There's also no way to pursue this short of Alcala talking. No bodies. Nothing to match beyond what's been discussed already. No next step to investigate.

Can't prove it's impossible. You can think up a story line where it happens. But it didn't.

I thought it was interesting that someone had once suggested one of the pictures as looking like Lisa Renee Wilson.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 03:21 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

There are way too many facial similarities between this girl and Rachel Trlica. Even the eyebrows line up. The only thing that is off is a slight thickness to the upper bridge of her nose which could just be the angle of the picture or that the pictures of Rachel's nose just appear to be slimmer than it was. In the wedding photo Rachel's nose looks wider than the other photos. All other features line up. Just because the timeline doesn't match up with her disappearance does not mean this is not Rachel. The girl in the photo looks a couple of years older than the pictures released of Rachel. If the pictures we have of Rachel were taken close to her disappearance, this photo was taken years after. Rachel disappeared at age 17 in 1974, while Alcala was incarcerated. In 1977, when he was released, if Rachel were alive, she'd be 20 years old. The girl looks older than Rachel but not old. I don't think the question is whether this is Rachel or not because I am almost positive it is. The question is - what happened to the two other girls who disappeared with her in 1974? Where ever they went on the day they disappeared, it is possible that they became separated afterwards and Rachel went on her own way to California. Or maybe they all went to California together and were still in contact when the photo was taken. Rachel was very young and already married - maybe she had a difficult marriage and wanted to escape? After she did she could have got swept away in the City of Broken Dreams lifestyle - sex, drugs, parties. Maybe that is how she met Alcala and this picture was taken. Perhaps afterwards she became a victim of Alcala's. Or perhaps she survived the encounter and met someone later on that ended her life. Or perhaps she accidentally overdosed and was never identified. I truly think that the connection should be brought to the attention of law enforcement for positive identification. If the girl is identified as Rachel, it would create more questions than answers but at least it would be one less person that is left unidentified in Alcala's stash of pictures.

Rachel T -- Blonde Sad-Faced Girl Side-by-Side

The similarities are strong but they refuse to snap in as the same for me. Not sure what that comes from. Details of eyes, nose, cheekbones. I suspect Rachel got dimples when she smiled and UID did not.

I also don't think that this is Rachel. I do admit that they do look alike, but many people look alike. For me, the bizarre scenario that would need to happen to make this fit to Rachel is just not plausible, if not impossible. The timeline of a disappearance is crucial to putting it together with a perpetrator. Not to mention that Texas has never been a state that Alcala has claimed victims. This just does not fit.
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

Close enough to pass for sisters, but I don't think they're the same. Strong resemblance. though.
    If coincidence never happened, there wouldn't be a word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by WildHuncher View Post

The similarities are strong but they refuse to snap in as the same for me. Not sure what that comes from. Details of eyes, nose, cheekbones. I suspect Rachel got dimples when she smiled and UID did not.
    It looks like she's a little older in the UI pic, and she may have broken her nose at some point creating that "puffiness" at the bridge of her nose.

Has anyone ever looked at Gerald Gallegos in relation to this case? Gerald and Charlene Gallego - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 03:21 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Based on(of all things) her lower lip, the shape of her pupils, and the angles of her eyelashes, I think it's her - even though the timeline might not seem to fit.

Also, Rachel was left-handed, and the left side of this girl's upper lip is slightly larger/taller(I'm left-handed, too, and mine is the same way).

Details of the picture also suggest long-term captivity(and probably abuse) to me.

1.) She dyed her hair(or was made to by someone else) about a year before this picture was taken, and it grew out - surely she'd have dyed the rest of her hair either one color or the other if she'd had the freedom to visit a salon or buy a box of hair dye.

2.) She also looks very dead-eyed, like a person who's trying to mentally remove herself from some terrible abuse or trauma. This is a coping mechanism that happens over time, not right when abuse begins.

3.) There are(as others have noted) bulges at the bridge of her nose. To me, this suggests a chronic sinus condition - something that people who spend most of their lives in a drier climate(like she did), but suddenly move to a more humid one(like she may have done), tend to develop.

Has anyone shown this picture to someone in her family? They would know, better than anyone else, if it's her.

I hope she's still alive and can be found.

Does anyone know where the picture of the girl who resembles Lisa Renee Wilson is?
    "Two eyes are not enough, if one desires to accomplish anything." - Marie Bashkirtseff

I came across this website that seems to have the most complete story of the girls disappearance with details from and bout the families and the relationships the girls had with various people. For such a cold case, there is a lot of details on the page about the circumstances and the people involved.

http://www.missingtrio.com/TRIO/index.aspx
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

I think it's her. The bump on the nose can be easily explained by her nose being broken between going missing and that photo being taken. That is what a previously broken nose looks like.

Anyone got any idea where to go with this? Has anyone reported it?

so i searched the image (via google) of the 'not rachel' picture ... this unidentified victim showed up (sorry if the unidentified has been identified, just randomly got sidetracked by these photos).

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...urderer/page16

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2