787 users online (119 members and 668 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    More background:

You can see the signature of the artwork here:
    Last edited by Donjeta; 04-21-2010 at 07:27 PM.

It (the tiger painting) might be by the artist, Fritz Rudolf Hug. http://www.invaluable.com/auction-lo...5-m-682cb079b2

There is also a copy of it on pikaba.com with someone wanting to find out information on a faded edition of it that had belonged to their grandparents. Search tiger painting on pikaba.

Quote Originally Posted by froggierintexas View Post
    It (the tiger painting) might be by the artist, Fritz Rudolf Hug. http://www.invaluable.com/auction-lo...5-m-682cb079b2

There is also a copy of it on pikaba.com with someone wanting to find out information on a faded edition of it that had belonged to their grandparents. Search tiger painting on pikaba.
    No doubt you're correct about the artist. A poster copy perhaps?

http://charleyproject.org/cases/t/trlica_mary.html

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post
    There are some similarities here, especially the eyes. The hair is different, however. She may have grown it longer and straightened it. I don't know...
    The girl in Alcala's photo looks older than 15 to me. There are no details available of the circumstances of Luray's disappearance, other than "she may have traveled out of the area with an adult male". Was she a runaway?
    Where was Alcala in August, 1964? The timeline I've seen has him in the Army between 1961-64, and then nothing until his graduation from UCLA in 1968.

I was thinking this girl too looks somewhat similar?

http://charleyproject.org/cases/t/trlica_mary.html

this girl though looks older than the red necklace girl.
    This poor child who has the red necklace on looks no older than 13 to me so I am guessing she was around
    11-14 at most....

#789UMCO unidentified found The victim was discovered on September 8, 2004 in the Flat Tops, White River National Forest, Garfield County, Colorado
    Estimated Date of Death: No longer than 5 years prior to discovery he left a note to "LIB"
    PLEASE HELP me find out who this unidentified person is so he can be buried rightfully near his family...

I DO NOT TOLERATE HARASSMENT...

If she is standing? definately only about 4'11'

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    More background:

You can see the signature of the artwork here:

in the second picture she looks as if she was starting to get afraid maybe?

#789UMCO unidentified found The victim was discovered on September 8, 2004 in the Flat Tops, White River National Forest, Garfield County, Colorado
    Estimated Date of Death: No longer than 5 years prior to discovery he left a note to "LIB"
    PLEASE HELP me find out who this unidentified person is so he can be buried rightfully near his family...

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    No doubt you're correct about the artist. A poster copy perhaps?
    Looks like an original -- if you look at the bottom, you can see where the canvas is folded around the frame.

Absolutely do look alike to me

Quote Originally Posted by Snufamonbobball View Post
    It's probably just the way these two girls are holding their mouths, but there is some resemblance to Lisa Joy White and the UID girl. I agree with everyone else regarding Debra Kidwell- she's close.

Lisa Joy White:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

Also this girl with the red necklace looks short the Lisa JOY White girl is 5'0" and 110lbs
    she does look like her and the eyes seem dark blue not brown

Look how high up (s)he's posed in the second picture...and what's my point? I don't know. We can only discuss so much with so little information

CA - Lynn Bernadette Luray

Could this be Lynn Luray?

Lynn Bernadette Luray
    Missing since August 17, 1964 from Long Beach, Los Angeles County, California
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth: October 5, 1948
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 15 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0" (152 cm); 100 lbs (45 kg)
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; hazel eyes. Lynn's eyes may appear to be hazel or green. Her height and weight are approximations.
    Circumstances of Disappearance
    Luray was last seen in Long Beach, California on August 17, 1964.
    She may have traveled out of the area in the company of an adult male.
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2880dfca.html

I realize the topless girl has much longer hair, and blue eyes, but they look so much alike to me! Thoughts?

Wow, no one else agrees? I'm very surprised...

Quote Originally Posted by ValerieKay View Post
    Wow, no one else agrees? I'm very surprised...
    It's been looked at before:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Long reddish haired girl with red necklace *MERGED*

The resemblance is there but it's not a great match.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 03:22 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Why? I think it looks like her a lot.

ETA: I read the post that was linked to by CarlK. While he is great at what he does here at WS, I have to say that I have seen him do an overlay (I can dig up the post) where it was nearly identical yet the girl turned out not to be the doe. So, I don't know if that's enough to eliminate her, she looks a lot like Lynn.

Quote Originally Posted by Danaya View Post
    Why? I think it looks like her a lot.

ETA: I read the post that was linked to by CarlK. While he is great at what he does here at WS, I have to say that I have seen him do an overlay (I can dig up the post) where it was nearly identical yet the girl turned out not to be the doe. So, I don't know if that's enough to eliminate her, she looks a lot like Lynn.
    The example you've cited (finding a match where there isn't one, really) is a false positive. I can see where the test he does, good as it is, could easily generate some percentage of those. False negatives (finding no match where there is one) figure to be rare. The underlying bone structures don't change much.

I thought at first he HAD messed up the test, because the two heads are different sizes. But, on a more careful reading, the distance he's standardizing is nose-to-chin. I took a piece of paper and compared. They are exactly the same size, tip-of-nose to tip-of-chin. The Alacala subject's whole head comes out smaller. She has a bigger chin.

WildHuncher is right. The trace-line test that I was using is much more effective to prove a non-match than it is to prove a match. I came up with several instances where there appeared to be perfect alignment of the facial features only to find out that it wasn't a match.

But I still believe it is a good tool to demonstrate a non-match, but if you are going to use the chin and nose as alignment points, you have to be sure that both persons have their teeth clinched in the photos.

BTW, Lynne does have very similar individual features to the girl in the Alcala photo, especially the nose and eyes, but IMO, Lynn has a much smaller chin and rounder face.

Here is another way of looking at it. I've aligned their eyes and noses in this overlay.

If you focus just on their eyes and nose, the transition looks fairly seamless. But their facial shapes are much different. The Alcala girl's chin is much larger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE-EHEPmnkQ
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 03:22 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast