Found Alive Woman in fleece coat

This one?

After going through the photos and the Doe Network several times, I definitely think this is a match. Everything fits. Bedford is very close the Concord where he was arrested. Her nose in the drawing and in the photo are identical. Several news articles have said they have id'd 2 from New Hampshire. I bet this is one of them and I don't think we need to contact anybody. What do you think?

Personally, I think you should turn it in JUST IN CASE. What if this isn't one of the ones already ID'd?

Even if this is one of the ones mentioned from New Hampshire, who is the second one? Any ideas?

The most complete list of unsolved homicides in NH was at http://snewzer.tripod.com/id1.html which carbuff found. Carefully going over them, I thought the other possibilities were:

Joanne Dunham, 14, murdered June 10, 1968, strangled and sexually violated, found in Charlestown, NH
Shari Lynn Roth, 22, found strangled near Sawyers Pond in Livermore, NH on Aug. 21 , 1977.
Jaclynne Snyder, 22, Sept. 14, 1977, last seeen leaving the Strawbery Banke area of Portsmouth. Body found on Route 155 in Lee, NH.,
Catherine Millican, 1978, stabbed multiple times (not really his MO).

I couldn't find any pictures that matched. Only Joanne, Debra, Catherine, and Sheri had pictures on that site. We might be able to find more pictures of them to compare at some other site. Still looking.

The UID reconstruction certainly has a similar look to these photographs. And the fleece coat also at least suggests New Hampshire is a possible and reasonable location. And I'm new here, so I may well be all wet in what i'm about to say. A fleece coat like that one is fairly cool weather wear. I've worn a fleece coat throughout some winters. The green in the background of the photos looks like a hedge, which would be green all year and so doesn't offer much help in pinning down a time frame. The building behind looks like it could be church or a college building--something sturdy. The UID was found wearing sandals and a reddish pullover top. That doesn't sound like fleece coat weather to me. So I'm left with the idea that either the UID isn't this young woman or that this photo and the UID's death were some length of time apart.

If the weather was really cold all round and she had the pick of a normal wardrobe of clothes I'd sort of expect her to be wearing a warmer top underneath than she is.

I think I will conclude that she left home knowing that it would be a fair day suitable for a thin top with a lowish neckline, but she might end up spending more than a few minutes outside in the elements after the sun had gone down and it started getting colder. Maybe she was travelling by public transport or hitch-hiking?

The most complete list of unsolved homicides in NH was at http://snewzer.tripod.com/id1.html which carbuff found. Carefully going over them, I thought the other possibilities were:

Joanne Dunham, 14, murdered June 10, 1968, strangled and sexually violated, found in Charlestown, NH
Shari Lynn Roth, 22, found strangled near Sawyers Pond in Livermore, NH on Aug. 21 , 1977.
Jaclynne Snyder, 22, Sept. 14, 1977, last seeen leaving the Strawbery Banke area of Portsmouth. Body found on Route 155 in Lee, NH.,
Catherine Millican, 1978, stabbed multiple times (not really his MO).

I couldn't find any pictures that matched. Only Joanne, Debra, Catherine, and Sheri had pictures on that site. We might be able to find more pictures of them to compare at some other site. Still looking.

Credit where credit is due: donjeta found that list. I just quoted.

The state police cold case website, has some information, too: http://doj.nh.gov/coldcaseunit/listing/index.htm

Here's an article about the NH connection: http://www.unionleader.com/article....rticleId=046983fe-f771-43f7-9545-d0ba13353f12

George's Mill, where he is said to have lived, is not far from where a number of these women were found.

If the weather was really cold all round and she had the pick of a normal wardrobe of clothes I'd sort of expect her to be wearing a warmer top underneath than she is.

I think I will conclude that she left home knowing that it would be a fair day suitable for a thin top with a lowish neckline, but she might end up spending more than a few minutes outside in the elements after the sun had gone down and it started getting colder. Maybe she was travelling by public transport or hitch-hiking?

Yes, that would be quite plausible for New Hampshire. Often the day starts out cold then warms up through the day, often reaching summerlike temperatures, before dropping again as the sun goes down.

I think she looks like a college student, somebody planning to be in and out of buildings all day as she goes to/from classes.

Personally, I think you should turn it in JUST IN CASE. What if this isn't one of the ones already ID'd?

Even if this is one of the ones mentioned from New Hampshire, who is the second one? Any ideas?

Yeah, good thought. I'll email the investigating officer in Bedford later today.

I think the photos look like a college student, too. In any event she looks healthy and in good shape--not the kind of woman who I'd imagine would go unidentified for 30 years. She looks as though she'd be missed by someone.

People did just disappear in the late sixties and early seventies. We didn't have the internet/cell phones/etc that keep everyone constantly connected. It wasn't uncommon to go months or even years between contacts with family members, especially in rural areas. Not to mention the whole hippy/antiwar movement, consciousness-raising, various liberation movements, etc.

If she called home at the end of the school year and told her parents, "Sorry I'm not coming home this summer, I'm working at the Dunkin Donuts until I get enough money to go to (Hollywood to be discovered/NYC to work in a ghetto outreach/Idaho to live on a commune/*advertiser censored* to go to a rock concert). I'll call you around Christmas," it would not have been that unusual. Christmas comes and goes and they don't hear from her, and they start to worry. And then spring and still nothing -- and by then, who do you even report it to?

Carbuff, glad you will contact the investigator. It was your call and we sort of overlooked it. You know he wouldn't have necessarily met all these women, photographed them, and killed them on the same day. He may have done considerable grooming of some of them.

There were so many photos to look at -- we still have dozens. Thanks for looking, and encouraging.

I already got a nice acknowlegement from the investigator saying he'll check the links. I'll let you all know if I hear anything more.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back