1232 users online (224 members and 1008 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    No, we are not sure. WF's husband says her eyes are brown, not hazel. But I'm not calling that a positive rule out. The resemblance is too strong to rule out on that basis.

I do know that the woman whose husband I talked to is the same person (WF) who appears in the yearbook.

But with her being blind now, and unable to see the photos to confirm for herself whether she is the girl in the grey fur coat, there isn't much else we can do.
    Confirm through her siblings, perhaps?

I don't buy his story.....nope.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

Or maybe ask if she ever sat for a photo session with a kind of creepy guy who dressed her in a fur coat and told her to look scared? Seems like you'd remember something like that, even if you couldn't, say, look at a photo of Alcala and confirm with absolute certainty that he was the guy (assuming you still had the use of your visual faculties, of course).

Carl, first off, you're awesome. Secondly, I feel like the husband's story is untrustworthy for some reason. What a frustrating lead to chase down!

Bumping up, I still think she resembles Rose Cole.
    “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

ellen-hover.230.jpg I'm warming up to the possibility that Girl with the Dark Long Hair and Ellen Hover were the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by WildHuncher View Post
    Since I first made a side-by-side of Singing Girl and a very grainy portrait of Hover, a better quality version of the Hover picture has been published. The extreme similarity still holds up.

It's amazing almost nobody else has said they see anything going on in these two pictures.
    It is CREEPY how much they look alike.

Ellen Hover looked different when she was younger as the left girl is.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/a...hover-new.html

Ok so what's the status on W.F.? Can I get the name via pm? Then I will just try to find her family tree Also need to of course how old she was in 1970.

EDIT: Ok I now have read about the whole wild goose chase.... That lady would only be 62 now and yet blind because of diabetes? Untreated? Strange story.
    Last edited by Daphne1972; 08-30-2015 at 04:39 PM.

Jumping in here...
    I think the resemblance between Fur Coat Girl and WF are too close of a match for it not be the same person!
    I read that Carl talked to the husband of WF and was told WF isn't the same person as the Fur Coat Girl
    His story seems hinky, though....

IMO, the two are the same person!
    If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make that change!
    Where is baby Sky Metalwala? Missing since 2011!

I do believe this is WF. And I can't thank Carl K enough for all of the time and effort he put into this. I have a daughter who has brown eyes. But, in certain light and with certain mood, her eyes become green...very green. I believe that WF's eyes could have darkened with age and/or, people are not always good about giving an eye color. That being said, while doing more research for my book, I have found another possible person that this could be. The person is Pamela Hobley and I know she's been mentioned here before. The timeline would be right and, although I still believe it is WF, I am pursuing Pamela right now as a possibility. Just an update here since this was one of our most frustrating threads.
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

Quote Originally Posted by norest4thewicked View Post
    I do believe this is WF. And I can't thank Carl K enough for all of the time and effort he put into this. I have a daughter who has brown eyes. But, in certain light and with certain mood, her eyes become green...very green. I believe that WF's eyes could have darkened with age and/or, people are not always good about giving an eye color. That being said, while doing more research for my book, I have found another possible person that this could be. The person is Pamela Hobley and I know she's been mentioned here before. The timeline would be right and, although I still believe it is WF, I am pursuing Pamela right now as a possibility. Just an update here since this was one of our most frustrating threads.
    I know Pamela's sister. I've spoken with her and her husband several times at the annual Missing in Michigan conventions. Although I have never discussed the GITGFC with her , I know that she follows this stuff enough that it wouldn't have escaped her notice. I don't think Pamela is the GITGFC, but I'll mention it to her next time I see her.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    I know Pamela's sister. I've spoken with her and her husband several times at the annual Missing in Michigan conventions. Although I have never discussed the GITGFC with her , I know that she follows this stuff enough that it wouldn't have escaped her notice. I don't think Pamela is the GITGFC, but I'll mention it to her next time I see her.

I actually spoke with her sister as well after I wrote this message. She said that LE had already shown the photo to her and that it was not Pam. I'm sure this is WF and she obviously doesn't want anything to do with this. At least we know she is alive.
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

Hi. I'm new here, but while looking through Alcala's photos - these two struck me as similar. I'm leaning toward no, but don't want to be the only one looking at them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by MicheleT View Post

Hi. I'm new here, but while looking through Alcala's photos - these two struck me as similar. I'm leaning toward no, but don't want to be the only one looking at them.
    The eyes on these women look quite distinct to me. I'd bet dollars to donuts on the woman on the top having large, slightly protruding blue eyes -- or possibly reflecting something very blue? -- while the girl in the fur coat below has hazel/green and less protruding eyes.

If you haven't read through this thread (no shade, I literally just read all of it tonight) then definitely do. There was a very-close hard-to-verify match made on this picture that certainly still seems worth considering to me based on what's available.

Yep. Top girl looks like her thyroid gland is overproducing. Gaunt and bug-eyed.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18