1259 users online (211 members and 1048 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 270
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    465
    Im nearly certain whatever was over her mouth was tape - or something very sticky.



    Ive circled below what looks to me a strand of hair that appears to be stuck to her face/chin area, which could be from having tape removed from her face that left a sticky film.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,438
    Quote Originally Posted by punklove View Post
    Im nearly certain whatever was over her mouth was tape - or something very sticky.



    Ive circled below what looks to me a strand of hair that appears to be stuck to her face/chin area, which could be from having tape removed from her face that left a sticky film.
    whoa, you've got a good eye!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by Billylee View Post
    whoa, you've got a good eye!
    Thank you.

    Seeing the strand of hair really depressed honestly, because if that bit of hair was sticking to her face because her mouth had been taped then it is very likely that she was a victim.

    I really hope that my gut feeling is wrong and shes living somewhere with a husband and family and has no idea people are trying to figure out who she is.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    542

    she reminds me a little of Narelle Cox

    Quote Originally Posted by punklove View Post
    Hopefully Im doing this properly.

    http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress...0/03/00901.jpg

    If you click on this link (didnt want to insert it and make the margins crazy) you can click the photo and it makes it huge - we were originally unsure if what looked like bruises on her face were actual bruises or just the way the light was hitting her face. Her upper lip appears busted too.

    Someone said it looked like her mouth had been duct taped. Im not sure if she had tape over her mouth (it really looks like it to me) or if he did that while trying to keep her quiet but it seems to me its some sort of injury, not lighting. I could be completely wrong though!

    If you zoom in on her photo you can see tears in her eyes.
    She reminds me a little of Narelle Cox, who was last seen mid 1977 in Australia while backpacking.

    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/691dfnsw.html

    there is a slightly larger picture of Narelle on the NSW police site.

    http://www.policensw.com/missing/image/ncox.jpg

    I think chances are it isn't her, the nose is different in slight ways and Narelle's photo shows some layers near the face that would take ages to grow out to that length, but maybe Narelle's photo is the best match so far.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    80


    looks close but i wonder about the bangs. The missing girls are fairly short.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    17,856
    Mouth is a different shape. The woman in the photo has higher cheekbones and I think her jaw isn't as square.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    Mouth is a different shape. The woman in the photo has higher cheekbones and I think her jaw isn't as square.
    Neither of those aspects are ruleouts for me. I think we see less of the fur coat girl's upper cheekbones than we think we do because of all that hair, and the full width of the jaw is going to look different to the straight on view because it is hidden on one side by hair and on the other side by her face being rotated around some degrees.

    The deal breaker for me is that where the corner of her eyes line up with her nose, just below the bridge, the Doe has less narrowing of the ridge of the nose than our missing gal. I've tried to work out whether the slightly lower angle could account for the difference, but I think not.

    The two things that most speak to me that it is the missing girl is that the resemblence of the tip of the nose is remarkable, and (I know this sounds corny and I'm not even religious so I've got no business even thinking it) her eyes seem to be looking out at us from the same type of "soul", if you know what I mean?

    Definitely I'd be interested in seeing more pics of either of them, just in case.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    Mouth is a different shape. The woman in the photo has higher cheekbones and I think her jaw isn't as square.
    Ooops, I think I got the threading wrong and you were replying to the other comparison, not the Aussie girl? Disregard my reply.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,438
    Quote Originally Posted by reasypeasy View Post
    Neither of those aspects are ruleouts for me. I think we see less of the fur coat girl's upper cheekbones than we think we do because of all that hair, and the full width of the jaw is going to look different to the straight on view because it is hidden on one side by hair and on the other side by her face being rotated around some degrees.

    The deal breaker for me is that where the corner of her eyes line up with her nose, just below the bridge, the Doe has less narrowing of the ridge of the nose than our missing gal. I've tried to work out whether the slightly lower angle could account for the difference, but I think not.

    The two things that most speak to me that it is the missing girl is that the resemblence of the tip of the nose is remarkable, and (I know this sounds corny and I'm not even religious so I've got no business even thinking it) her eyes seem to be looking out at us from the same type of "soul", if you know what I mean?

    Definitely I'd be interested in seeing more pics of either of them, just in case.
    I think they look a lot alike, though the Alcala photo gal looks quite a bit younger to me. Also it seems to me that the Alcala girl has a smaller forehead, the Aussie girls is quite a bit higher from eyebrows to hairline and the distance between the eyebrows looks measurably different. But they DO look a lot alike!

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by punklove View Post
    Hopefully Im doing this properly.

    http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress...0/03/00901.jpg

    If you click on this link (didnt want to insert it and make the margins crazy) you can click the photo and it makes it huge - we were originally unsure if what looked like bruises on her face were actual bruises or just the way the light was hitting her face. Her upper lip appears busted too.

    Someone said it looked like her mouth had been duct taped. Im not sure if she had tape over her mouth (it really looks like it to me) or if he did that while trying to keep her quiet but it seems to me its some sort of injury, not lighting. I could be completely wrong though!

    If you zoom in on her photo you can see tears in her eyes.
    A possible Jane Doe match for this girl, based upon nose shape, location of grave and timeframe.
    NY Irondequoit Doe 1988 Est. Death '72-'78
    NY NY Irondequoit Doe 1988 Est. Death '72-'78 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/122ufny.html
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 03:24 AM. Reason: repair url tag.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,438
    Quote Originally Posted by reasypeasy View Post
    A possible Jane Doe match for this girl, based upon nose shape, location of grave and timeframe.
    NY Irondequoit Doe 1988 Est. Death '72-'78
    NY NY Irondequoit Doe 1988 Est. Death '72-'78 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/122ufny.html
    Interesting, this morning I was just re-examining the original thread we had when we started this and someone had suggested the same JD for the Brown haired girl in the Beige Shirt. I think either one is a possible without any further info.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1
    When you enlarge her picture it looks like she has a scar just above her left eyelid. Is that just me? Does anyone else notice it?

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by mwal View Post
    When you enlarge her picture it looks like she has a scar just above her left eyelid. Is that just me? Does anyone else notice it?
    It could be.


  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7
    http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/d...e/righteye.jpg

    These are just my quick observations (and the most primitive Windows Paint job *ever*) from looking at the original, full-sized photo on the Nancy Grace website:

    1. Black circled area looks to be like a small bandage. I don't know if there were bandages of all different sizes and shapes back when this photo was taken, the way there is today, but this looks to be a small, plastic, bandage. At first I thought it was just a part of her hair but then I noticed a ridge at the bottom of what I felt looked like a bandage.
    2. Dark blue circled area looks to be from a bruise on the upper eyebrow area that's being partly obscured by the hair. I know that you can also get a similar effect from having your eyebrows waxed, but that's the only alternative I can think of to "bruising". And sure, you can get bruising like that from accidentally banging that area onto a hard surface, e.g. a wooden door frame, but considering the circumstances and the expression on the poor girl's face... not very likely.
    3. Red circled area comes from either watery eyes as per from an allergy or from tears pooling up at the bottom of one's eyes, ready to roll down. I personally couldn't see any tears rolling down her cheek, but by the amount of water pooled at the bottom, tears were imminent, within a couple of minutes of this photo being taken.

    I also noticed the position of the eyebrows in the original photo, the widened eyes (there's a tenseness at the bottom of the eyes that seems to be stretching out a couple of small creases this poor girl possessed in her lifetime -- they indicate a young age because of how few of them there were and their delicateness), and the slightly downturned shape of the girl's lips. She doesn't look happy, she doesn't look bored, she doesn't look angry, delighted, surprised, content, sardonic, bitter, elated, pensive, meditative, or tired. She looks scared out of her wits. Poor girl.

    Just some random thoughts. I thought I'd just cast them out into the open.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by southern_scout View Post
    If you look really closely at the cheek area, you can almost see a line that looks like where tape would have been. Almost like glue residue.
    Before I read your post I thought this poor girl has a moustache burn, from being forcibly kissed by a male with course stubble, but now that you have pointied out a possible tape line, I clearly see it. She is a hauntingly beautiful girl, I hope we find that she is alive and well.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 117
    Last Post: 02-07-2017, 02:25 PM
  2. Girl With Dark Curly Hair & Blue Shirt
    By jessunlil in forum Alcala and the Unidentified
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-29-2015, 01:45 AM
  3. Plaid hat girl with dark hair and wild eye makeup
    By Donjeta in forum Alcala and the Unidentified
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 09-28-2013, 01:15 AM
  4. Found Alive Woman with wild frizzy hair and purple coat
    By alknon in forum Alcala UID FOUND ALIVE
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-21-2011, 12:10 AM
  5. Girl dragged to death when coat snags on car
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 02:30 PM