729 users online (113 members and 616 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 924
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,182

    WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #13

    Thread 12


    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Please continue here.

    There is to be no discussion of sexual molestation. That is over the top. Period.

    Thread 11
    Terms of Service - Short, Plain Language Version

    We have a detailed, formal Terms of Service (TOS) posted separately, and that TOS is what you will be held to as a member here. It's long and detailed because it has to be in the world we live in, and you are expected to read it, understand it and abide by it. However, we can sum it up as follows:

    1) Be a decent human being;
    2) Treat your fellow posters as the decent human beings they are;
    3) Keep in mind that whatever you post will likely live on forever, so think before you press "Submit Reply".
    4) It's a big world. People will disagree with you. You will disagree with them. This can be done with respect, and that's what we expect.


    Some specifics about being “a decent human being”:

    Being rude to our new posters or any poster for that matter, is against our TOS. If they ask a question you think has already been discussed, just pass on by it. Do not tell them to get up to speed before posting. That is rude and against our TOS.

    Do not drag any innocent persons--such as JF's relatives--into this discussion, and certainly do not post personal information (names, addresses, phone numbers, etc) of innocent parties.

    Do not post about other WS members, whether or not they are present. Do not post about why or why not they are present. That is called gossip, and we don’t do that at WS. It’s rude.

    It is against TOS to try to guess or sleuth the identity of another poster at WS.

    There is to be absolutely no discussion here at WS of the details of MC's parents' divorce.

    It's ok to go ahead and post rumors, but two things:

    1. You must clearly label them as rumors. All posts that do not include facts should include the words speculation, theory or rumor.

    2. They must not be so wildly outlandish that they are unbelievable.

    We do not discuss minors, and in this particular case, we do not discuss poetry.

    Links to social networking sites are allowed, but WS does not allow direct quotes or cut and pastes from them.

    Please do not link to minors' pages.

    If anyone has a problem with a post, please alert us to it using the alert button in the top right corner of each post. You will see a triangle with an exclamation mark in it there. Do not respond to a problematic post. That only compounds the problem and creates more work for the mods. Hit the alert button instead.

    You are all experienced enough posters by now to abide by these rules. Please don't make us give more timeouts.

    The complete TOS can be found here:

    The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community


    Please read and follow them.

    Thank you.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-28-2015 at 10:28 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    180

    RE: Polygraphs

    Was it Gary Ridgeway who took and passed a polygraph? I can't remember, but some SK did...

    My brother was given a polygraph about an arson. There was a heavy rumor about who was responsible, but no one - not even my brother - knew for sure. The one question he failed was, "Do you know who started the fire?" He'd heard the rumor so often he'd begun to SUSPECT the target of the rumor was responsible. He answered in the negative but failed the question because - he guessed - he really did "know" who did it, even though he didn't KNOW.

    KWIM? I think the power of suggestion and rumor can alter the outcome of a polygraph.
    Last edited by jarethamarie; 03-24-2010 at 05:51 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozz...of course!
    Posts
    134
    Polygraph is more technique than science in a court of law.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    57
    I still think it is a girl or a group of girls, a woman maybe......this seems like a crime that would be committed by a jealous female. I think I remember reading on here that someone said the girlfriend of the Tacoma guy had been cleared by the police but I am not sure about that. I will not be surprised at all if it is a gang of girls that did this.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,798
    Quote Originally Posted by sockmonkey View Post
    I still think it is a girl or a group of girls, a woman maybe......this seems like a crime that would be committed by a jealous female. I think I remember reading on here that someone said the girlfriend of the Tacoma guy had been cleared by the police but I am not sure about that. I will not be surprised at all if it is a gang of girls that did this.
    If so, I expect it would have leaked by now, due to word of mouth or fear or conscience.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    404
    del are you on line? Were the letters SLM spray painted by the perps or LE at CB?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by No More View Post
    del are you on line? Were the letters SLM spray painted by the perps or LE at CB?
    I recalled that is was not determined that is was actually SLM, and it also wasn't determined who sprayed the characters.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    147
    This place is quiet tonight........

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by sockmonkey View Post
    I still think it is a girl or a group of girls, a woman maybe......this seems like a crime that would be committed by a jealous female. I think I remember reading on here that someone said the girlfriend of the Tacoma guy had been cleared by the police but I am not sure about that. I will not be surprised at all if it is a gang of girls that did this.
    Sockmonkey I tend to agree with you, like I said back on thread 7. What took place sounds like a jealous girlfriend with some help. Or like you say a group of girls.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by erok View Post
    This place is quiet tonight........
    I know!! :U There:


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    479
    Quote Originally Posted by No More View Post
    del are you on line? Were the letters SLM spray painted by the perps or LE at CB?


    I don't know, but I'm ASSUMING by LE.

    To clear, though, I am very uncertain whether the letters were "SLM". In fact, it is more likely that they are NOT "SLM" but are some other arrangements of letters.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenon View Post
    Sockmonkey I tend to agree with you, like I said back on thread 7. What took place sounds like a jealous girlfriend with some help. Or like you say a group of girls.
    Maybe a group of girls went to the spec house, and that's where it began?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancee Drue View Post
    Maybe a group of girls went to the spec house, and that's where it began?
    Good theory, and I can't forget the fact about no sexual contact. That would make me believe it was girls also.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by del rio View Post
    I don't know, but I'm ASSUMING by LE.

    To clear, though, I am very uncertain whether the letters were "SLM". In fact, it is more likely that they are NOT "SLM" but are some other arrangements of letters.
    Was there an image posted here that showed the 'SLM'? I dont remember!
    TIA

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by erok View Post
    Was there an image posted here that showed the 'SLM'? I dont remember!
    TIA
    no, just mentioned by Del Rio when he surveyed the area. At first glance the 4' letters resembled SLM, but he is not confirming that is correct.

Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #18
    By Salem in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 305
    Last Post: 05-21-2012, 01:45 PM
  2. GUILTY WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #15
    By Salem in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 741
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 08:41 PM
  3. GUILTY WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #9
    By Salem in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 696
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 02:29 PM
  4. GUILTY WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #5
    By Salem in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 774
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 03:44 AM
  5. GUILTY WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #2
    By Salem in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 675
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 12:41 AM

Tags for this Thread