WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Thread 12

Please continue here.

There is to be no discussion of sexual molestation. That is over the top. Period.

Thread 11

Terms of Service - Short, Plain Language Version

We have a detailed, formal Terms of Service (TOS) posted separately, and that TOS is what you will be held to as a member here. It's long and detailed because it has to be in the world we live in, and you are expected to read it, understand it and abide by it. However, we can sum it up as follows:

1) Be a decent human being;
2) Treat your fellow posters as the decent human beings they are;
3) Keep in mind that whatever you post will likely live on forever, so think before you press "Submit Reply".
4) It's a big world. People will disagree with you. You will disagree with them. This can be done with respect, and that's what we expect.

Some specifics about being “a decent human being”:

Being rude to our new posters or any poster for that matter, is against our TOS. If they ask a question you think has already been discussed, just pass on by it. Do not tell them to get up to speed before posting. That is rude and against our TOS.

Do not drag any innocent persons--such as JF's relatives--into this discussion, and certainly do not post personal information (names, addresses, phone numbers, etc) of innocent parties.

Do not post about other WS members, whether or not they are present. Do not post about why or why not they are present. That is called gossip, and we don’t do that at WS. It’s rude.

It is against TOS to try to guess or sleuth the identity of another poster at WS.

There is to be absolutely no discussion here at WS of the details of MC's parents' divorce.

It's ok to go ahead and post rumors, but two things:

1. You must clearly label them as rumors. All posts that do not include facts should include the words speculation, theory or rumor.

2. They must not be so wildly outlandish that they are unbelievable.

We do not discuss minors, and in this particular case, we do not discuss poetry.

Links to social networking sites are allowed, but WS does not allow direct quotes or cut and pastes from them.

Please do not link to minors' pages.

If anyone has a problem with a post, please alert us to it using the alert button in the top right corner of each post. You will see a triangle with an exclamation mark in it there. Do not respond to a problematic post. That only compounds the problem and creates more work for the mods. Hit the alert button instead.

You are all experienced enough posters by now to abide by these rules. Please don't make us give more timeouts.

The complete TOS can be found here:

The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Please read and follow them.

Thank you.

Was it Gary Ridgeway who took and passed a polygraph? I can't remember, but some SK did...

My brother was given a polygraph about an arson. There was a heavy rumor about who was responsible, but no one - not even my brother - knew for sure. The one question he failed was, "Do you know who started the fire?" He'd heard the rumor so often he'd begun to SUSPECT the target of the rumor was responsible. He answered in the negative but failed the question because - he guessed - he really did "know" who did it, even though he didn't KNOW.

KWIM? I think the power of suggestion and rumor can alter the outcome of a polygraph.

Polygraph is more technique than science in a court of law.

I still think it is a girl or a group of girls, a woman maybe......this seems like a crime that would be committed by a jealous female. I think I remember reading on here that someone said the girlfriend of the Tacoma guy had been cleared by the police but I am not sure about that. I will not be surprised at all if it is a gang of girls that did this.

I still think it is a girl or a group of girls, a woman maybe......this seems like a crime that would be committed by a jealous female. I think I remember reading on here that someone said the girlfriend of the Tacoma guy had been cleared by the police but I am not sure about that. I will not be surprised at all if it is a gang of girls that did this.

If so, I expect it would have leaked by now, due to word of mouth or fear or conscience.

del are you on line? Were the letters SLM spray painted by the perps or LE at CB?

del are you on line? Were the letters SLM spray painted by the perps or LE at CB?

I recalled that is was not determined that is was actually SLM, and it also wasn't determined who sprayed the characters.

This place is quiet tonight........:wave:

Sockmonkey I tend to agree with you, like I said back on thread 7. What took place sounds like a jealous girlfriend with some help. Or like you say a group of girls.

I don't know, but I'm ASSUMING by LE.

To clear, though, I am very uncertain whether the letters were "SLM". In fact, it is more likely that they are NOT "SLM" but are some other arrangements of letters.

Sockmonkey I tend to agree with you, like I said back on thread 7. What took place sounds like a jealous girlfriend with some help. Or like you say a group of girls.

Maybe a group of girls went to the spec house, and that's where it began?

Maybe a group of girls went to the spec house, and that's where it began?
Good theory, and I can't forget the fact about no sexual contact. That would make me believe it was girls also.

I don't know, but I'm ASSUMING by LE.

To clear, though, I am very uncertain whether the letters were "SLM". In fact, it is more likely that they are NOT "SLM" but are some other arrangements of letters.

Was there an image posted here that showed the 'SLM'? I dont remember!
TIA

Was there an image posted here that showed the 'SLM'? I dont remember!
TIA
no, just mentioned by Del Rio when he surveyed the area. At first glance the 4' letters resembled SLM, but he is not confirming that is correct.

I feel so horribly for MC .. this is taking too long. Everyone is losing steam. I hope LE isn't .. I have to believe they have an idea of who this is, if not just because they knew enough to tell other locals not to worry about a crazed killer on the loose. There is a killer on the loose! This tells me (MOO) it could be a minor they are being very careful while investigating .. or they are following their suspect closely. I just don't see them not having a suspect if they claim to know that other residents need not worry.

If anyone is looking for the pictures Del Rio took, they are in thread 5 page 5 & 6. I never found the duck blind but I finally found these again. They really help being able to see where this may have taken place.

I feel so horribly for MC .. this is taking too long. Everyone is losing steam. I hope LE isn't .. I have to believe they have an idea of who this is, if not just because they knew enough to tell other locals not to worry about a crazed killer on the loose. There is a killer on the loose! This tells me (MOO) it could be a minor they are being very careful while investigating .. or they are following their suspect closely. I just don't see them not having a suspect if they claim to know that other residents need not worry.

I agree. This seems to be taking a looong time.

Actually, LE stated “We don’t want people to think there is some crazed rapist out there,” said Sgt. Cherie Smith of the Wenatchee Police Department. “That was not the motivation for this at all.”
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/22/homicide-victim-was-not-sexually-assaulted/?online

Like you said, there is still a "killer on the loose" amongst us. And quite possible killer is plural.

Good theory, and I can't forget the fact about no sexual contact. That would make me believe it was girls also.

good evening everyone...i have a question...here in western wa the kids have one or two parks that the local teens use for fights.... is there such a place in wenatchee? what is the connection of the house in cb and Makenzie? i dont think it would be a good place for teens to hang out at....WAS this a RANDOM place...we need a connection.

Was it Gary Ridgeway who took and passed a polygraph? I can't remember, but some SK did...

Yes, it was.

Aldrich Ames (traitor who worked for the CIA) also passed.

I've recommended the Penn and Teller episode of "BS" on the polygraph, if you can stand their "unique style." They skewer it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie