Room & girl walking around w/cigarette and no pants

nomad

Reaction score
Would someone post a picture of this? TIA
Alot of photos were taken in this room- There are 3 ropes hanging down from something above, the one by the vacuum cleaner clearly has a noose secured with some kind of black tape.

Here's the picture.
00123.jpg

Link to the large image.
http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00123.jpg

I see where you're talking about, but I'm not at all sure that's a noose. I think it just may be a loose end of the rope. A noose made with tape wouldn't work very well. A noose is supposed to be able to slide tight. One fixed with tape would stay at one size.

Has it been determined that the apartment in that photo is the NY apartment? Because the curtains are the same as in this photo

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00462.jpg

So maybe the boy in that photo is from the East Coast? Not that curtains can't be moved from apartment to apartment...we always tended to get new window treatments each time we moved, though.

The ropes just to either side of her are holding up a swing, or shelf, the pink object right behind her. There is no noose.

Here's the picture.
00123.jpg

Link to the large image.

I see where you're talking about, but I'm not at all sure that's a noose. I think it just may be a loose end of the rope. A noose made with tape wouldn't work very well. A noose is supposed to be able to slide tight. One fixed with tape would stay at one size.

Here's the picture.
00123.jpg

Link to the large image.

Thank you much Bargle! I should have described the end of the rope as "noose" shaped. It is definately looped back up and secured w/tape. It maybe part of a pulley system? There's a platform thing above the window w a spliced wire coming down from it. Her pants, with a wide belt are on the chair behind her. I'm trying to compare this with the cyclone fence girl, as she is also wearing a wide belt.

The ropes just to either side of her are holding up a swing, or shelf, the pink object right behind her. There is no noose.

Oh I see that now! Ok then...I didn't even see it looping through that. I stand corrected.

The "platform thing" looks like a board that lowers to cover the window. I suspect it could be becuase of drafts. Also, there is no noose but two ropes attached to a pink swing.

The fabric hanging on the very left of this photo looks like that orangy sheet backdrop in so many other pictures.

The "platform thing" looks like a board that lowers to cover the window. I suspect it could be becuase of drafts. Also, there is no noose but two ropes attached to a pink swing.

Photos of women on swings while wearing no underwear were popular in girlie magazines at the time. Not real *advertiser censored*, more like Hustler-level stuff. Judging by the look of some of the cropped photos, Alcala was aiming to sell into that market.

I think the shutter over the window is also to make the room very dark so he can do certain photographic effects even in the middle of the day. There's one very dark blue background that looks to me like it might be this room with that panel shut. I'll look for that later tonight...

There's another window to the right in this photograph. The two "drapes" are each tied to let air in. In the NG's photo I'm linking it's blown up and you can see it's another Native American print. It reminds me of the backdrop for the boy with the abdomen in the chair. Or the plaid hat girl.

I'm not real sure which or if they are either. It's kind of like a "flame stitch" in all three is the best word I can come up with. Would someone be so kind to have a look and see what you think. Thank you.

O.K. Looking at this with fresh eyes there's alot going on. Possibly ways we can at least find something more on this girl.

Ummmmm, the fact this guy had so many wires all over it's a miracle he didn't set the place on fire. Also, I know it's NYC and all but he's pretty brazen as the people across the way had to be able to see in.

There's a newspaper on the floor to the right on the bottom. I also think he has a mirror and I can see him in it. He's a little sideways because the flash would have bounced off. Right between the two windows.

He's sloppy so I don't think the house he's in with the girl in the yellow bikini is his. Of course I also see a faint bruise on the top of her right kneecap. Judging from that letter he asked for photographs of the actress with a bikini on. If he couldn't get that he wanted bare legs.

So what he could whack them? It takes an awful lot to break a kneecap. I think he knew just how to hurt someone enough for them to suffer but still be fairly mobile. Sick. So possibly the newspaper would date this. I'm praying he didn't use all those wires and stuff to hurt these women.

I've seen that album cover in at least one other picture.

The girl's leg doesn't look bruised to me, that just looks like a shadow around the contour of her muscle.

I would believe this girl is alive. The picture looks casual to me, like she is very comfortable walking around holding her bowl of food, the door is unlocked, the windows are open, there is a vacuum behind the swing. He almost seems fond of her.

I agree, that sheet and curtain have also appeared in a few pictures.

The newspaper by the window says "VOICE" on it. I found this one that appears to match the logo:

http://www.villagevoice.com/

i may be seeing things that aren't there, but i'm willing to lay down some bets that this was taken in the summer of 1977, the same time he killed hover.

first clue is that the village voice cover was laid out the way it is after about 1974, that is with a colorful masthead, an article on the front, and the word "voice" taking up about 1/2 the front page, and then a graphic or smaller headline to the right of the word "voice."

second clue, the naked brick. that was all the rage during that time period, and i really cannot remember it being that way earlier than these years.

for confirmation on the voice, see this article...

http://www.villagevoice.com/slideshow/50-years-50-covers-92313/21/

Her bluejeans with a wide belt are lying across the chair. That wide belt made me think of the girl in front of the cyclone fence, but I know lots of girls wore wide belts back then.
Also, the creepy extra flood lights on the cluttered table.. Doesn't the rug look like the same one as in the light blonde girl's thread?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back