1285 users online (234 members and 1051 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,464

    24 March 2010: Salt Lake Tribune withdraws law suit to unseal warrants in Powell case

    Salt Lake Tribune withdraws from law suit to unseal Susan Cox Powell case search warrants

    Tribune drops suit to see Susan Powell documents
    By Nate Carlisle
    The Salt Lake Tribune
    Updated: 03/24/2010 09:30:52 PM MDT

    Search warrants discussing the investigation of the Susan Powell disappearance will remain closed. The warrants discuss witnesses who "could face a substantial risk of possible harm" if identified, the order states.

    ncarlisle@sltrib.com

    CONTINUED AT SOURCE: http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14752227

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ontario but a trucker so everywhere.
    Posts
    14,984
    Thanks Pickie I was just reading that. I sure hope they have more evidence on Josh. That is interesting about witnesses that could face harm.

  3. #3
    hollyblue's Avatar
    hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,113
    Quote Originally Posted by PickieChickie View Post
    Salt Lake Tribune withdraws from law suit to unseal Susan Cox Powell case search warrants

    Tribune drops suit to see Susan Powell documents
    By Nate Carlisle
    The Salt Lake Tribune
    Updated: 03/24/2010 09:30:52 PM MDT

    Search warrants discussing the investigation of the Susan Powell disappearance will remain closed. The warrants discuss witnesses who "could face a substantial risk of possible harm" if identified, the order states.

    ncarlisle@sltrib.com

    CONTINUED AT SOURCE: http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14752227

    the warrants "include some detailed explanations of certain investigative techniques being used in this matter as well the thoughts and reactions of certain investigators regarding the developing evidence, some of which is not known to the public or involved persons."

    Wonder what and Who is tapped?????

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,425
    Well, this is interesting. The Salt Lake Tribune publishes an article about The Salt Lake Tribune backing off.......

    I am sensing a cryptic "read between the lines" here. IMO
    Missing Persons Case Archive Albums ~ http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...nkycrankerson/


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by crocus View Post
    Well, this is interesting. The Salt Lake Tribune publishes an article about The Salt Lake Tribune backing off.......

    I am sensing a cryptic "read between the lines" here. IMO
    Exactly. A lot can be learned by reading Nate's article! I have to say it certainly is thought provoking!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,425
    I read the article again.
    Josh? They are soooo onto you.
    Last edited by crocus; 03-25-2010 at 03:07 AM. Reason: clarification of read (sounds like reed) vs read (sounds like red...lol)
    Missing Persons Case Archive Albums ~ http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...nkycrankerson/


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by crocus View Post
    Read the article again.
    Josh? They are soooo onto you.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    Thanks Pickie I was just reading that. I sure hope they have more evidence on Josh. That is interesting about witnesses that could face harm.
    I wonder who the witnesses could be beyond the names we've seen in the news, and discussed here dozens of times, and what harm could come to them? If LE think that Josh would come back to WVC to eliminate these witnesses, witholding their names wouldn't stop Josh making an educated guess, if he thinks the game is well and truly up and they're getting his lethel injection ready.

    Do LE think that Josh is insane enough to obtain a gun and come after any named witnesses? If so, just how safe are Susan's boys who were present throughout the whole episode, and witnessed the most?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartleby View Post
    I wonder who the witnesses could be beyond the names we've seen in the news, and discussed here dozens of times, and what harm could come to them? If LE think that Josh would come back to WVC to eliminate these witnesses, witholding their names wouldn't stop Josh making an educated guess, if he thinks the game is well and truly up and they're getting his lethel injection ready.

    Do LE think that Josh is insane enough to obtain a gun and come after any named witnesses? If so, just how safe are Susan's boys who were present throughout the whole episode, and witnessed the most?
    I find it interesting the Salt Lake Tribune's attorney backed off suddenly after the witness came forward saying Josh was at a 2009 employee Christmas party saying the best place to hide a body is down a deep mine shaft.

    Perhaps this is the information they were after. Now that the witness came forward, there is no need to pursue this matter of opening the sealed records?

    Who is in danger? In my opinion, anyone who betrays Josh.

    If these folks are in such danger now, how much danger will they be in if there is a trial and they are called as witnesses.

    Did Josh's potential Uncle Ralph Powell of the Idaho State Police call in a tip as well?

    Have there been additional search warrants obtained that the public is not aware of?

    Tapping phones, bugging rooms and vehicles, installing GPS tracking devices, etc. isn't going to bring the desired results if the unsuspecting are made aware.

    Who is in potential danger? Braden and Charlie? That is what grabs me the most.
    Last edited by PickieChickie; 03-25-2010 at 01:05 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,166
    Who is in potential danger? Braden and Charlie? That is what grabs me the most.
    That was my first thought.




Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY UT - Hser Nar Moo, 7, Salt Lake City, 31 March 2008
    By NewMommy09 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 444
    Last Post: 09-22-2017, 12:10 AM
  2. Replies: 76
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 06:35 PM
  3. Identified! UT - Salt Lake City, Body in Red Butte Creek, Jun'10 - Douglas Nelson
    By armywife in forum Identified!
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 03:35 PM
  4. 30 March 2010: Blog entries about the Susan Cox Powell case
    By PickieChickie in forum Susan Cox Powell
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 11:17 PM