24 March 2010: Salt Lake Tribune withdraws law suit to unseal warrants in Powell case

PickieChickie

Former Member
Reaction score
Salt Lake Tribune withdraws from law suit to unseal Susan Cox Powell case search warrants

Tribune drops suit to see Susan Powell documents
By Nate Carlisle
The Salt Lake Tribune
Updated: 03/24/2010 09:30:52 PM MDT

Search warrants discussing the investigation of the Susan Powell disappearance will remain closed. The warrants discuss witnesses who "could face a substantial risk of possible harm" if identified, the order states.

ncarlisle@sltrib.com

CONTINUED AT SOURCE: http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14752227

Thanks Pickie I was just reading that. I sure hope they have more evidence on Josh. That is interesting about witnesses that could face harm.

Salt Lake Tribune withdraws from law suit to unseal Susan Cox Powell case search warrants

Tribune drops suit to see Susan Powell documents
By Nate Carlisle
The Salt Lake Tribune
Updated: 03/24/2010 09:30:52 PM MDT

Search warrants discussing the investigation of the Susan Powell disappearance will remain closed. The warrants discuss witnesses who "could face a substantial risk of possible harm" if identified, the order states.

ncarlisle@sltrib.com

CONTINUED AT SOURCE: http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14752227

the warrants "include some detailed explanations of certain investigative techniques being used in this matter as well the thoughts and reactions of certain investigators regarding the developing evidence, some of which is not known to the public or involved persons."

Wonder what and Who is tapped?????

Well, this is interesting. The Salt Lake Tribune publishes an article about The Salt Lake Tribune backing off.......

I am sensing a cryptic "read between the lines" here. IMO

Well, this is interesting. The Salt Lake Tribune publishes an article about The Salt Lake Tribune backing off.......

I am sensing a cryptic "read between the lines" here. IMO

Exactly. A lot can be learned by reading Nate's article! I have to say it certainly is thought provoking!

I read the article again.
Josh? They are soooo onto you.

Read the article again.
Josh? They are soooo onto you.

floorlaugh.gif

Thanks Pickie I was just reading that. I sure hope they have more evidence on Josh. That is interesting about witnesses that could face harm.

I wonder who the witnesses could be beyond the names we've seen in the news, and discussed here dozens of times, and what harm could come to them? If LE think that Josh would come back to WVC to eliminate these witnesses, witholding their names wouldn't stop Josh making an educated guess, if he thinks the game is well and truly up and they're getting his lethel injection ready.

Do LE think that Josh is insane enough to obtain a gun and come after any named witnesses? If so, just how safe are Susan's boys who were present throughout the whole episode, and witnessed the most?

I wonder who the witnesses could be beyond the names we've seen in the news, and discussed here dozens of times, and what harm could come to them? If LE think that Josh would come back to WVC to eliminate these witnesses, witholding their names wouldn't stop Josh making an educated guess, if he thinks the game is well and truly up and they're getting his lethel injection ready.

Do LE think that Josh is insane enough to obtain a gun and come after any named witnesses? If so, just how safe are Susan's boys who were present throughout the whole episode, and witnessed the most?

I find it interesting the Salt Lake Tribune's attorney backed off suddenly after the witness came forward saying Josh was at a 2009 employee Christmas party saying the best place to hide a body is down a deep mine shaft.

Perhaps this is the information they were after. Now that the witness came forward, there is no need to pursue this matter of opening the sealed records?

Who is in danger? In my opinion, anyone who betrays Josh.

If these folks are in such danger now, how much danger will they be in if there is a trial and they are called as witnesses.

Did Josh's potential Uncle Ralph Powell of the Idaho State Police call in a tip as well?

Have there been additional search warrants obtained that the public is not aware of?

Tapping phones, bugging rooms and vehicles, installing GPS tracking devices, etc. isn't going to bring the desired results if the unsuspecting are made aware.

Who is in potential danger? Braden and Charlie? That is what grabs me the most.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back