Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Communion girl

Communion girl

This little girl looks to be like she's in her First Holy Communion dress. I find it odd that someone is holding her yet they are cropped out of the photograph. Is there anyone that can blow this up and perhaps we can find out a little bit about her? Anything?

TIA

http://z.about.com/d/crime/1/0/Y/D/1/187.jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

My first post. The little girls haircut remined me of Janice Pocket.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mtnmom1963 For This Useful Post:

Kimster is offline WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnmom1963 View Post

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Welcome and thank you mtnmom.

I'm wondering if this isn't Confirmation? I don't remember what age kids two front teeth are already in and the incisors are coming in? That's older than 8, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Welcome and thank you mtnmom.

I'm wondering if this isn't Confirmation? I don't remember what age kids two front teeth are already in and the incisors are coming in? That's older than 8, right?
    She looks about 8 or 9. Could be Confirmation or even flower girl.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mtnmom1963 For This Useful Post:

Could you please link Janice? ( I know it's a pain in the butt, but when these threads get long, it really helps to have the links! Thanks!)

This little girl looks to be like she's in her First Holy Communion dress. I find it odd that someone is holding her yet they are cropped out of the photograph. Is there anyone that can blow this up and perhaps we can find out a little bit about her? Anything?

TIA

http://z.about.com/d/crime/1/0/Y/D/1/187.jpg

I have to wonder who the person holding her is? Why would the police edit the photo to take out the person beside her?
    Last edited by punklove; 03-26-2010 at 12:01 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to punklove For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Billylee View Post
    Could you please link Janice? ( I know it's a pain in the butt, but when these threads get long, it really helps to have the links! Thanks!)

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/85dfct.html
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...tt_janice.html

She doesnt look like her at all to me, but I could just be tired. She was also missing since 7/26/1973 and I dont think it adds up.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to punklove For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by punklove View Post

I have to wonder who the person holding her is? Why would the police edit the photo to take out the person beside her?
    Okay, so who said LE edited it. Perhaps it was found that way? I remember reading these were found as negatives, now I'm beginning to wonder.......?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billylee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Billylee View Post
    Okay, so who said LE edited it. Perhaps it was found that way? I remember reading these were found as negatives, now I'm beginning to wonder.......?
    If you click on the original photo (in the first post) and save it, it looks like this:

From what I understood the police did edit photos, though only ones that required having things cut out of the photo (such as the person being naked) so I was unsure as to why this photo seems to have had someone cut out? It certainly could have not been them that changed it, it could have been found that way.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to punklove For This Useful Post:

If you click on the original photo (in the first post) and save it, it looks like this:

From what I understood the police did edit photos, though only ones that required having things cut out of the photo (such as the person being naked) so I was unsure as to why this photo seems to have had someone cut out? It certainly could have not been them that changed it, it could have been found that way.
    Punk, I asked that back in the original thread about why would it be cropped like this? I also mentioned I thought a child this old may be too big to hold and the person holding the child is sitting down. Just a guess.

Horror of horrors would be it's Alcala holding the child. I looked online all night trying to find her, and the boy with the bike. I'm praying they are alive and well.

Not to add more to it, but while searching I noticed there was a woman went missing from a Church in Los Angeles, and a child missing before or after church somewhere in California. Thank goodness neither were this little girl.

I'm leaning on it being a Communion. The veil reminds me of how everyone had to wear the same veil back in the 70's. We did anyway. I don't see a flower girl wearing this kind of veil. I just wonder why in the heck he kept this photograph? Did he lure women by paying attention to their children?

Horror of horrors would be it's Alcala holding the child. I looked online all night trying to find her, and the boy with the bike. I'm praying they are alive and well.
    Its odd you say that because for some reason her photo reminded me of the one with him in it, with a different girl.

Im not sure why he would be cut out of the photo though? Unless he did it?

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to punklove For This Useful Post:

Its odd you say that because for some reason her photo reminded me of the one with him in it, with a different girl.

Me too. It reminded me of that one as well. Weird.

I bet he cut himself out somehow. Cropped it that way perhaps. As far as I can see he's only in that one photograph out of all of them. It'd be easier to identify who the locker actually belonged to where they were found. This could maybe be a relative of his?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

Again, I'm dating myself. Back in the 70's, it was very common to have a miniature bride and groom at your wedding instead of a flower girl. The miniature bride at my wedding had a dress that matched mine. I think this little girl could be a member of a wedding party.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to cj1132 For This Useful Post:

The locker was actually his and he'd rented it fraudulently in a friend's name:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...killer26m.html

"In July 1979, Alcala rented a unit at a storage center in the 17800 block of Midvale Avenue North in Shoreline. His only apparent connection to Seattle was through a female acquaintance whose name and address he used without her knowledge to rent the storage unit."

On her arm appears to be a First Communion Rosary bracelet. It's designed specifically for someone's First Communion. The cross is likely hidden under her arm. She is almost certainly at her First Communion.

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

To help the victims of the deadly tornadoes, please click here.

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dark Knight For This Useful Post:

carbuff is offline ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    We need to remember that in his daytime life, Alcala was a real although not terribly successful photographer, and many of these photos may have just been copies of legitimate shoots. Considering what a hurry he was in at the end, he may have scooped them all in together with no consideration to throwing out irrelevant ones. Or maybe even including irrelevant ones to hide the trophies.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:

carbuff is offline ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N

Are you sure those are different girls? One's clearly older, but could be the same girl several years later?

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    Are you sure those are different girls? One's clearly older, but could be the same girl several years later?
    Or maybe a mother and daughter?

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bargle For This Useful Post:

Whoa, you're right. Same chin and all. Or like Bargle said mother/daughter.

Hmmmmmmmmm. Considering this is the only photograph he had of himself out of all those pictures I'd say it's family or something. I bet he cropped himself out of that communion girl photo.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

Not sure because I can't blow the photos up but the eyes of the older one look lighter than the child's to me.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

I think that this girl might be the same girl with the picture of her tongue sticking out. She's a few years older in the communion picture, but I really think its the same girl.

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress...0/03/00164.jpg

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exkette For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by exkette View Post
    I think that this girl might be the same girl with the picture of her tongue sticking out. She's a few years older in the communion picture, but I really think its the same girl.

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress...0/03/00164.jpg
    EX, this crossed my mind as well, but not with these two girls. The little doll seems to have a slightly darker complexion. However, there's a photograph of a beautiful woman holding a baby all dressed up in the series of pictures. I don't have time to go through them right now, but I'll find it.

The woman has her head covered. It's either a hat or small veil like we used to have to wear in Church. You couldn't go into a Catholic Church if you were a woman with your head uncovered. From that I thought perhaps the photo was also taken at the Communion and somehow these are all his relatives??????????????? So, the woman with the head covering (you can see the mesh come across her head) and her beautiful baby may be related to communion girl.

Just a thought.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

44. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    Ok, so now we know, this is Alcala with the girl. Don't know why it was edited.

So, is this his relative?

With the hair curly, does this tell us anything about when the photo was taken?

46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Imbackon For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast