Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44

Thread: Communion girl

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,561

    Communion girl

    This little girl looks to be like she's in her First Holy Communion dress. I find it odd that someone is holding her yet they are cropped out of the photograph. Is there anyone that can blow this up and perhaps we can find out a little bit about her? Anything?

    TIA




    http://z.about.com/d/crime/1/0/Y/D/1/187.jpg


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    49
    My first post. The little girls haircut remined me of Janice Pocket.


  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mtnmom1963 For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnmom1963 View Post
    My first post. The little girls haircut remined me of Janice Pocket.


  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,561
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnmom1963 View Post
    My first post. The little girls haircut remined me of Janice Pocket.
    Welcome and thank you mtnmom.

    I'm wondering if this isn't Confirmation? I don't remember what age kids two front teeth are already in and the incisors are coming in? That's older than 8, right?


  8. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Welcome and thank you mtnmom.

    I'm wondering if this isn't Confirmation? I don't remember what age kids two front teeth are already in and the incisors are coming in? That's older than 8, right?
    She looks about 8 or 9. Could be Confirmation or even flower girl.


  9. The Following User Says Thank You to mtnmom1963 For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,438
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnmom1963 View Post
    My first post. The little girls haircut remined me of Janice Pocket.
    Could you please link Janice? ( I know it's a pain in the butt, but when these threads get long, it really helps to have the links! Thanks!)


  11. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    This little girl looks to be like she's in her First Holy Communion dress. I find it odd that someone is holding her yet they are cropped out of the photograph. Is there anyone that can blow this up and perhaps we can find out a little bit about her? Anything?

    TIA




    http://z.about.com/d/crime/1/0/Y/D/1/187.jpg




    I have to wonder who the person holding her is? Why would the police edit the photo to take out the person beside her?
    Last edited by punklove; 03-26-2010 at 12:01 AM.


  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to punklove For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnmom1963 View Post
    My first post. The little girls haircut remined me of Janice Pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billylee View Post
    Could you please link Janice? ( I know it's a pain in the butt, but when these threads get long, it really helps to have the links! Thanks!)



    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/85dfct.html
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...tt_janice.html

    She doesnt look like her at all to me, but I could just be tired. She was also missing since 7/26/1973 and I dont think it adds up.



  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to punklove For This Useful Post:


  15. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,438
    Quote Originally Posted by punklove View Post


    I have to wonder who the person holding her is? Why would the police edit the photo to take out the person beside her?
    Okay, so who said LE edited it. Perhaps it was found that way? I remember reading these were found as negatives, now I'm beginning to wonder.......?


  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billylee For This Useful Post:


  17. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by Billylee View Post
    Okay, so who said LE edited it. Perhaps it was found that way? I remember reading these were found as negatives, now I'm beginning to wonder.......?
    If you click on the original photo (in the first post) and save it, it looks like this:



    From what I understood the police did edit photos, though only ones that required having things cut out of the photo (such as the person being naked) so I was unsure as to why this photo seems to have had someone cut out? It certainly could have not been them that changed it, it could have been found that way.


  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to punklove For This Useful Post:


  19. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,561
    Quote Originally Posted by punklove View Post
    If you click on the original photo (in the first post) and save it, it looks like this:



    From what I understood the police did edit photos, though only ones that required having things cut out of the photo (such as the person being naked) so I was unsure as to why this photo seems to have had someone cut out? It certainly could have not been them that changed it, it could have been found that way.
    Punk, I asked that back in the original thread about why would it be cropped like this? I also mentioned I thought a child this old may be too big to hold and the person holding the child is sitting down. Just a guess.

    Horror of horrors would be it's Alcala holding the child. I looked online all night trying to find her, and the boy with the bike. I'm praying they are alive and well.

    Not to add more to it, but while searching I noticed there was a woman went missing from a Church in Los Angeles, and a child missing before or after church somewhere in California. Thank goodness neither were this little girl.

    I'm leaning on it being a Communion. The veil reminds me of how everyone had to wear the same veil back in the 70's. We did anyway. I don't see a flower girl wearing this kind of veil. I just wonder why in the heck he kept this photograph? Did he lure women by paying attention to their children?


  20. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Horror of horrors would be it's Alcala holding the child. I looked online all night trying to find her, and the boy with the bike. I'm praying they are alive and well.
    Its odd you say that because for some reason her photo reminded me of the one with him in it, with a different girl.



    Im not sure why he would be cut out of the photo though? Unless he did it?


  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to punklove For This Useful Post:


  22. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,561
    Quote Originally Posted by punklove View Post
    Its odd you say that because for some reason her photo reminded me of the one with him in it, with a different girl.



    Im not sure why he would be cut out of the photo though? Unless he did it?
    Me too. It reminded me of that one as well. Weird.

    I bet he cut himself out somehow. Cropped it that way perhaps. As far as I can see he's only in that one photograph out of all of them. It'd be easier to identify who the locker actually belonged to where they were found. This could maybe be a relative of his?


  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:


  24. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    747
    Again, I'm dating myself. Back in the 70's, it was very common to have a miniature bride and groom at your wedding instead of a flower girl. The miniature bride at my wedding had a dress that matched mine. I think this little girl could be a member of a wedding party.


  25. The Following User Says Thank You to cj1132 For This Useful Post:


  26. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    western PA, USA
    Posts
    825
    The locker was actually his and he'd rented it fraudulently in a friend's name:

    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...killer26m.html

    "In July 1979, Alcala rented a unit at a storage center in the 17800 block of Midvale Avenue North in Shoreline. His only apparent connection to Seattle was through a female acquaintance whose name and address he used without her knowledge to rent the storage unit."


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Catholic Church says girl's communion not valid (she has rare allergy)
    By blueclouds in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-22-2004, 10:02 AM
  2. Episcopal church lets animals receive Holy Communion
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2004, 08:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •