Communion girl

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
This little girl looks to be like she's in her First Holy Communion dress. I find it odd that someone is holding her yet they are cropped out of the photograph. Is there anyone that can blow this up and perhaps we can find out a little bit about her? Anything?

TIA

http://z.about.com/d/crime/1/0/Y/D/1/187.jpg

My first post. The little girls haircut remined me of Janice Pocket.

LogDetective-160x160.gif

Welcome and thank you mtnmom.

I'm wondering if this isn't Confirmation? I don't remember what age kids two front teeth are already in and the incisors are coming in? That's older than 8, right?

Welcome and thank you mtnmom.

I'm wondering if this isn't Confirmation? I don't remember what age kids two front teeth are already in and the incisors are coming in? That's older than 8, right?

She looks about 8 or 9. Could be Confirmation or even flower girl.

Could you please link Janice? ( I know it's a pain in the butt, but when these threads get long, it really helps to have the links! Thanks!)

This little girl looks to be like she's in her First Holy Communion dress. I find it odd that someone is holding her yet they are cropped out of the photograph. Is there anyone that can blow this up and perhaps we can find out a little bit about her? Anything?

TIA

http://z.about.com/d/crime/1/0/Y/D/1/187.jpg

21bjc08.jpg

I have to wonder who the person holding her is? Why would the police edit the photo to take out the person beside her?

Could you please link Janice? ( I know it's a pain in the butt, but when these threads get long, it really helps to have the links! Thanks!)

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/85dfct.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pockett_janice.html

She doesnt look like her at all to me, but I could just be tired. She was also missing since 7/26/1973 and I dont think it adds up.

fm56s0.jpg

21bjc08.jpg

I have to wonder who the person holding her is? Why would the police edit the photo to take out the person beside her?

Okay, so who said LE edited it. Perhaps it was found that way? I remember reading these were found as negatives, now I'm beginning to wonder.......?

Okay, so who said LE edited it. Perhaps it was found that way? I remember reading these were found as negatives, now I'm beginning to wonder.......?

If you click on the original photo (in the first post) and save it, it looks like this:

4ibz3l.jpg

From what I understood the police did edit photos, though only ones that required having things cut out of the photo (such as the person being naked) so I was unsure as to why this photo seems to have had someone cut out? It certainly could have not been them that changed it, it could have been found that way.

If you click on the original photo (in the first post) and save it, it looks like this:

4ibz3l.jpg

From what I understood the police did edit photos, though only ones that required having things cut out of the photo (such as the person being naked) so I was unsure as to why this photo seems to have had someone cut out? It certainly could have not been them that changed it, it could have been found that way.

Punk, I asked that back in the original thread about why would it be cropped like this? I also mentioned I thought a child this old may be too big to hold and the person holding the child is sitting down. Just a guess.

Horror of horrors would be it's Alcala holding the child. I looked online all night trying to find her, and the boy with the bike. I'm praying they are alive and well.

Not to add more to it, but while searching I noticed there was a woman went missing from a Church in Los Angeles, and a child missing before or after church somewhere in California. Thank goodness neither were this little girl.

I'm leaning on it being a Communion. The veil reminds me of how everyone had to wear the same veil back in the 70's. We did anyway. I don't see a flower girl wearing this kind of veil. I just wonder why in the heck he kept this photograph? Did he lure women by paying attention to their children?

Horror of horrors would be it's Alcala holding the child. I looked online all night trying to find her, and the boy with the bike. I'm praying they are alive and well.

Its odd you say that because for some reason her photo reminded me of the one with him in it, with a different girl.

nez3ti.jpg

Im not sure why he would be cut out of the photo though? Unless he did it?

Its odd you say that because for some reason her photo reminded me of the one with him in it, with a different girl.

nez3ti.jpg

Me too. It reminded me of that one as well. Weird.

I bet he cut himself out somehow. Cropped it that way perhaps. As far as I can see he's only in that one photograph out of all of them. It'd be easier to identify who the locker actually belonged to where they were found. This could maybe be a relative of his?

Again, I'm dating myself. Back in the 70's, it was very common to have a miniature bride and groom at your wedding instead of a flower girl. The miniature bride at my wedding had a dress that matched mine. I think this little girl could be a member of a wedding party.

The locker was actually his and he'd rented it fraudulently in a friend's name:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011445336_serialkiller26m.html

"In July 1979, Alcala rented a unit at a storage center in the 17800 block of Midvale Avenue North in Shoreline. His only apparent connection to Seattle was through a female acquaintance whose name and address he used without her knowledge to rent the storage unit."

On her arm appears to be a First Communion Rosary bracelet. It's designed specifically for someone's First Communion. The cross is likely hidden under her arm. She is almost certainly at her First Communion.

We need to remember that in his daytime life, Alcala was a real although not terribly successful photographer, and many of these photos may have just been copies of legitimate shoots. Considering what a hurry he was in at the end, he may have scooped them all in together with no consideration to throwing out irrelevant ones. Or maybe even including irrelevant ones to hide the trophies.

nez3ti.jpg

Are you sure those are different girls? One's clearly older, but could be the same girl several years later?

Are you sure those are different girls? One's clearly older, but could be the same girl several years later?

Whoa, you're right. Same chin and all. Or like Bargle said mother/daughter.

Hmmmmmmmmm. Considering this is the only photograph he had of himself out of all those pictures I'd say it's family or something. I bet he cropped himself out of that communion girl photo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back