704 users online (101 members and 603 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CA - 73-yo Attack Victim: 'He'll Rape Me In Front Of God'

Poor lady!! Praying in church & some scum tries to rape her right there on a pew!!

Posted: 10:25 pm PDT March 25,2010
    Updated: 7:08 am PDT March 26,2010

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. -- As Mountain View police continued their search Thursday night for a man who sexually assaulted an elderly woman as she was praying at a church on Rengsdorff Avenue, KTVU spoke with the brave victim about her horrifying ordeal.
    “[I’m] still in shock,” said the victim, who gave her name as Maria when she spoke with KTVU about the terrifying attack. “[I] never expect something like that.”

On Wednesday night at around 6:15 p.m., Maria was in the church chapel doing what she has done daily for the past 40 years: praying.

She said she noticed a man in a back pew seemingly in prayer, but when she sat down in a front pew, the man suddenly came up and sat next to her.

Then Maria said he attacked her.

“He came and I feel the tongue,” remembered the obviously shaken victim.”He stick his tongue around my face. He wanted to go in my mouth. Then he grabbed my breasts and I pushed him back and said ‘No! No!’”

Maria said she pushed her attacker away and told him she was married. Then she said the man pushed her down on her back on the pew.

“I know what his intention was, so I scream at the top of my lung ‘Help!’” said Maria. “I said if no one helps me, he'll rape me in front of God.”

The scream scared the man off and Maria ran out of the chapel. News of the assault has put fear in some parishioners.

more here

http://www.ktvu.com/news/22961208/detail.html
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

That woman did everything right and thank God (maybe He was helping out here, who knows), it worked. But she was a fighter and she scared this attacker off. Other women might be more fragile or timid. Another woman might anger the attacker which could cause him to become more violent. This guy needs to be caught--NOW!!

What is going on with all these attacks on our elders? We can't ensure our kids' safety in school, camp, sports, or church. Now, it seems like we can't ensure the safety of a pious woman praying in a place which should be sacred.

Lord help us. Prayers for that strong woman. I'm very hopeful that her family, her priest and her church family will envelope her with love.

mz iz doesnt seem like we can ensure any of our saftey at this point

In reading the article that TM posted I noticed that Maria does not want to prosecute as she is "a compassionate Catholic". (I won't go there) I have a question, though. Is her desire to prosecute necessary since this attack occurred in a place of worship? Wouldn't this man be seen as a threat to all people in the area?

I would think that in order for the man to be ordered to receive the "help" she wants him to have, he'd have to be prosecuted. And how many of us believe that Maria is his one and only past, present, and future victim? I understand that Maria grew up in a time of "compassion and forgiveness for evil". However, I hope the victim's advocate and DA will explain to her how important pressing charges will be.

Yes kbl, I've come to the same conclusion. I decided a few years ago, after living my life on the edge, to stop worrying about it. I'm not stupid or careless but I know that I'm probably in more danger than some.

That's why I really cling to my faith, quietly. I believe in heaven and I believe that I have the key to get there. If I ever go violently, before my time, I hope my loved ones know that I made my choices and I know what's on the other side waiting for me. That's a comfort.

We all have to find a level of comfort to move forward. We can't live in fear.
    Last edited by Missizzy; 03-26-2010 at 06:48 PM.

Here in OH we had an 80 y.o. woman killed in her car while in a church parking lot. She attended services every day and then stayed to pray afterwards, thus being alone when leaving. An 18 y.o. *&*^%& shot her in an apparent robbery.

His parents then threatened someone who supposedly turned him in and they went to jail also. Charming family, isn't it?

she needs to press charges. there's nothing in being catholic that i recall that says you dont put attempted rapists behind bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    In reading the article that TM posted I noticed that Maria does not want to prosecute as she is "a compassionate Catholic". (I won't go there) I have a question, though. Is her desire to prosecute necessary since this attack occurred in a place of worship? Wouldn't this man be seen as a threat to all people in the area?

I would think that in order for the man to be ordered to receive the "help" she wants him to have, he'd have to be prosecuted. And how many of us believe that Maria is his one and only past, present, and future victim? I understand that Maria grew up in a time of "compassion and forgiveness for evil". However, I hope the victim's advocate and DA will explain to her how important pressing charges will be.
    I was shocked that she doesn't want to press charges! I don't know California law but in most places she does have to if they want him prosecuted. Do it, Maria! Press charges and make this creep accountable for what he did to you!!

Something is striking me as not right here in this story. Maria will give interviews about her assault, but does not want to press charges?

I am confused.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Something is striking me as not right here in this story. Maria will give interviews about her assault, but does not want to press charges?

I am confused.
    She may not be here legally. It sounds as though "Maria" might not even be her real name, just the one she gave to the press. When she called LE she may not have been familiar with the US requirement that she'd have to disclose a lot of info to LE after that. Just a theory.

well if she's not here legally she would have been better off not going public at alll......you'd think going to the cops and the press that little bit of info might come up/be found out.

its not like we deport illeagals anymore

Quote Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post

its not like we deport illeagals anymore
    Then why are half the people in my neighborhood hiding out?

Sheriff Arroyo deports them doesn't he? Can he? The man that raped, brutalized and murdered a little girl here in Philly was a transient. Nobody could find him save for the law that all DNA be taken thanks to Arroyo. We got out match. Guess what? They deported him back to Honduras and now they can't find the POS.

Obviously I know nothing about the law. Is it you have to commit a crime to be deported?

Prayers to poor Maria no matter hwat. Bless the poor woman.

Heading o/t for a second-why is everyone hiding out? Why dont they just give citizenship a shot???
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Helen Keller Quotes

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
    Helen Keller

in some cases, not sure about this one. the state will take it out of the victims hands and prosecute them whether the victim wants to press charges or not. depends on the crime i believe.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast