Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
    Id worry about retraumatizing the people but otherwise I think it would be really helpful to know where is was, that site says that she was found "just over the Mount Rose Summit as you drop into the Tahoe Basin. It is a forested area in the High Sierra Navada Mountains."

Heres a video of someone on the Mount Rose Summit. Dumb question - how snowy would it have been when she was there? If there is snow on the ground why would she be wearing a shirt with no sleeves? Ive never been around mountains like that so have no clue.

They said she was found slumped over as if she was bent over to tie her shoes when someone killed her, causing her to slump forward in a kneeling position.. how/why was her bathing suit pulled down?

Her shirt was on over her one piece suit which was pulled down, most likely for comfort.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevada_State_Route_431

I added about her in the wikipedia section.

Right now I'm working on a way to really get the message out about her to the community. Maybe write in to the crimes section of the paper.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-02-2014 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Fixed bad link

Okay folks here it is, an overhead map of the crime scene. The red is the main trail, presuming she was found here (for now).

http://www.tahoerimtrail.org/index.p...183&Itemid=207

I'm going to get a complex list of questions for the detective and find out about body location in relation to the trail.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charlie99909 For This Useful Post:

Coming up out of the Truckee Meadows, the Mount Rose Highway comes up over the Carson Range of the Sierra Nevadas and summits at a beautiful alpine meadow the locals call Sheep Flats, before descending down to Incline Village on the north edge of Lake Tahoe. Sheep Flats is a favorite recreation spot for tourists and residents alike. On July 17, 1982, the body of a young woman was discovered there. She had been shot to death.

No doubt the Washoe County Sheriff’s office thought it wouldn’t be long before she was identified. She was in her late twenties, maybe thirty. The report reads, “The victim had not been there long and was clothed. She wore a bathing suit on under her clothing. She also wore a blue top, blue jeans and yellow tennis shoes . . . the victim is believe to be of European descent based upon an inoculation scar and unique dental work. Although many leads have been pursued, her identity and whereabouts prior to her death are still a mystery.”

The bulletin issued by the Sheriff’s office includes both a color photograph from the morgue and an artist’s interpretation of what she might have looked like imbued with life. Hazel eyes and sandy hair, a fair complexion, well-arched brow, the kind of forehead people used to call “intelligent.” Isn’t somebody looking for her? Was she so all alone in the world, in her blue jeans and yellow tennis shoes? Perhaps she is not just of European descent, but maybe a European tourist, her stuff left behind in a hotel room, or carried back to Europe by her killer with a story: she ran off, she married an American, she doesn’t want us anymore.

I found that on word press. The writer goes on to discuss several other UID cases from northern Nevada. In all of them there is information I have not seen on doenetwork or even the sheriff site. I wonder if they have seen some police files or know someone who has.

Anyway it was nice to read something about this Doe again. Reminds me that I'm not alone in looking for her and that she is not forgotten.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie99909 For This Useful Post:

carbuff is offline ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    Why do so many UID reports say that a vaccination scar on the upper left arm is European? That's where mine is -- and I was in Montana at the time. She'd have been about the same age.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie99909 View Post
    Coming up out of the Truckee Meadows, the Mount Rose Highway comes up over the Carson Range of the Sierra Nevadas and summits at a beautiful alpine meadow the locals call Sheep Flats, before descending down to Incline Village on the north edge of Lake Tahoe. Sheep Flats is a favorite recreation spot for tourists and residents alike. On July 17, 1982, the body of a young woman was discovered there. She had been shot to death.

No doubt the Washoe County Sheriff’s office thought it wouldn’t be long before she was identified. She was in her late twenties, maybe thirty. The report reads, “The victim had not been there long and was clothed. She wore a bathing suit on under her clothing. She also wore a blue top, blue jeans and yellow tennis shoes . . . the victim is believe to be of European descent based upon an inoculation scar and unique dental work. Although many leads have been pursued, her identity and whereabouts prior to her death are still a mystery.”

The bulletin issued by the Sheriff’s office includes both a color photograph from the morgue and an artist’s interpretation of what she might have looked like imbued with life. Hazel eyes and sandy hair, a fair complexion, well-arched brow, the kind of forehead people used to call “intelligent.” Isn’t somebody looking for her? Was she so all alone in the world, in her blue jeans and yellow tennis shoes? Perhaps she is not just of European descent, but maybe a European tourist, her stuff left behind in a hotel room, or carried back to Europe by her killer with a story: she ran off, she married an American, she doesn’t want us anymore.
    Source

Larkin Vonalt
    http://athousanddays.wordpress.com/2...-for-the-lost/

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charlie99909 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie99909 View Post
    I'm going to get a complex list of questions for the detective and find out about body location in relation to the trail.
    I, for one, am hoping this list includes the questions: 1.) Has the baby found in 2/82 been compared with this gal's DNA? and 2.) Was there a tread pattern visible from the shoes? 3.) Where was the scar on her abdomen located?
    I.E. appendectomy scars are down toward the hip bone, C-section scars are u shaped and under the navel etc.

Fascinating case. Spent all morning reading through all that has been figured out over the last 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by buffetoflies View Post
    I, for one, am hoping this list includes the questions: 1.) Has the baby found in 2/82 been compared with this gal's DNA? and 2.) Was there a tread pattern visible from the shoes? 3.) Where was the scar on her abdomen located?
    I.E. appendectomy scars are down toward the hip bone, C-section scars are u shaped and under the navel etc.

Fascinating case. Spent all morning reading through all that has been figured out over the last 6 months.
    The only answer I have is for the scar. There is no indication in the report as to it's location. I'm trying to see about obtaining an autopsy report. But other than that, no location given.

Ok so here is what I have to ask the detective today. I should hear from him after 3.

1- approximatly what part of the trail was she found on?
    2- cause they said she had given birth, could they tell if it was recent?
    3- has the DNA from the baby found in 2/82 been checked against the Doe's?
    4- are her fingerprints on file?
    5- were her ears pierced?
    6- when was her DNA collected?
    7- is she interred locally?

What do you think? Keep some, lose some?

Whew! A lot going on the few weeks I was gone.....lots to think about.

Charlie, your latest questions are excellent.
    I especially like #7. Kinda touching to think she is still "with us" and hoping, through us to "get home".

Regarding earrings - it's hard to tell from the photos (I have them all printed out). But looking at just the post-mortem, it doesn't like they were....but it's a photo and maybe they kept that secret? Further, I think you should ask about any other kind of jewelry. As in the Pope's Island Jane Doe, which had a very unique, and very unusual ring, that experts said came from Belarus --- sorta pinpoints a place to start digging huh?

Also, was ANYTHING (even "garbage") found near or around the area where the body was found?

Were there any casings found indicating type of gun used?

Was ANYTHING found on the body that might indicate her origin? Tickets to the opera?
    Movie ticket stub? coins in her pockets? Anything?

If I were a killer, I would strip the body of anything in the pockets. And that might alter the actual position of the body - leading me to set the body up after searching. Which may mean she wasn't really "bending over to tie a shoe".

I keep obsessing over the dental work. Ask if the teeth were capped with "tin cans" (that's what dentists call them.) They are pre-made, one size fits all, caps made of cheap stainless steel or nickel. Very common in the former eastern bloc, for the "little people". Party members of course, had access to much higher quality dentistry, both in their home countries, but also in the west, as they were priviledged to travel.
    If she had hih quality dentistry (like the pounded 18 k gold, like i mentioned way back) and she was eastern european, that would indicate a Party membership, or a connection to one.
    If her crowns were "tin cans", that means an even bigger mystery: How the heck did she get here without being a Party member????? No way in 1982, and especially not earlier, would that even be likely, much less possible or probable.

God bless you Charlie --- we're behind you all the way!
    Last edited by Rindicella; 09-02-2010 at 01:14 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rindicella For This Useful Post:

Rindi good to see you're not MIA.

Things I know for sure, she had no jewelry or any coins, things like that on her. Now if she had it taken from her before or after she was shot, I don't know.

The dental is interesting. I took note of the two styles and I will ask.

Never got my call back, he could be busy. I'm going to wait a day or so and get back to him.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie99909 For This Useful Post:

I just want to add a few thoughts on the eastern european angle:

IF she was eastern european, another likely choice for country of origin would be : East Germany and even more specifically, East Berlin (aside from the former Yugoslavia, already mentioned way back). At that time, it was not unheard of for people to make a run for the border at Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin and remember too, the several incidents at the Fulda Gap. Some of them actually made it. Others were turned away in the name of "diplomatic relations". Sad, eh?

Being who I am, I would dispute a few of the "official" facts, in these articles about Fulda Gap, Eastern bloc emigration, and Checkpoint Charlie from Wiki, but they are still basically good sources of information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulda_Gap

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checkpoint_charlie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern..._and_defection

I remember as a high school student in Frankfurt, many shall we say "tense moments" from 1980 to 1984 when I left, at the Fulda Gap. Young people today have no idea how close we came to nuclear war with the Soviets. I hope they never have to experience that kind of "tension" in the future.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-02-2014 at 04:35 AM. Reason: to add a link

Ok so i added the dental part into my questions.

I found a few local cemeteries have jane doe plots. Get this, I found the infant from 2/82.

Maybe if I call the cemeteries and enqire about plots belonging to Jane Does I can find a match. As far as I can tell there is no potters field in town.

I never thought to do it before, but I'm talking to people who lived in Reno at that time that I work with. None of them remember this homicide. But remember how a lot of murders rocked the then small community.
    You could leave doors unlocked all the time and never worry.

Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast