Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Nice!

Thank you for your interest and very eye opening contribution! Many of the information you provided I had never even considered and most was unknown to me. The orthodox church on lakeside, that's the one by the shell station? Close to the intersection of moana and lakeside right?

Before your post I felt like I was nearing a dead end, the officer in charge of the case won't return emails and is out of his office about 99.9% of the time I call. I'm going to check up on the church lead and cross my fingers and get somewhere after months of siting idle.

Pm me and we can discuss this case more!

Charlie

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie99909 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    :Welcome-12-june:

Welcome to Websleuths, Rindicella

Those are excellent points. It's great to have you on the board with the insight from your own life experiences. Hopefully it will lead to something. Charlie has put alot of effort into this particular case, and has chimed in on a few others as well. I hope you can find the time to stick around and provide excellent input to this and many of our other cases of lost souls who need their names back.
    Thank you for the warm welcome Carl . To be honest, I don't really know how I ended up here, reading Charlie's story on this girl. Yesterday I was surfing for local news, etc...and just literally, "clicked" over it. I hope that I can be of service to anyone and I am fascinated by what all of you are doing. I never knew anyone who did this work. God bless all of you for doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie99909
    Nice!

Thank you for your interest and very eye opening contribution! Many of the information you provided I had never even considered and most was unknown to me. The orthodox church on lakeside, that's the one by the shell station? Close to the intersection of moana and lakeside right?

Before your post I felt like I was nearing a dead end, the officer in charge of the case won't return emails and is out of his office about 99.9% of the time I call. I'm going to check up on the church lead and cross my fingers and get somewhere after months of siting idle.

Pm me and we can discuss this case more!

Charlie
    Hi there Charlie! I'd be happy to chat about this case anytime. I am working today so will be in and out, reading this thread again and thinking about it some more.

You are correct about the location....there's also a Jewish synagogue over there, and their sign is a similar size so you have to kind of really look at the signs. It's on the west side of the street, as you travel south from that Shell station. If you hurry, you can make it for the Liturgy at 10 am. (About 20 minutes. ) If you go over there today, realize that in the Orthodox world, there is always a lunch/coffee hour after Sunday services. Over at St. Anthony's, this usually winds down around 1 - 1:30 or so. So you will want to time it so that Fr. George is available, not busy with parishioners etc. If you want to talk to him privately, which I recommend, you can just ask him for a private word. He will take you to his office.

Let me know how that goes! I would love to actually be there for that but understand if you want to go alone. Tell Fr. George that "Columbina" (My church name) says hello!

Come to think of it Charlie, it would not be a bad idea to wallk over to the Synagogue while you are over there. There were many Jewish people leaving Eastern Europe back then and this young lady might have been Jewish? Many went to Israel but some people came to western Europe or the US. that's a possibility too. If she was Jewish, the Rabbi at the synagogue may know something????

Wherever someone is in a foriegn land, they are going to look around for their "tribe" so to speak. People always need support from people who understand them, speak their language. Trust me, with my background, I know what an "identity crisis" is! LOL!
    Last edited by Rindicella; 07-18-2010 at 12:46 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rindicella For This Useful Post:

If I wasn't working right now I would head over there and see what I could do. I think what I might do is phone him this week and try to set something up on my day off. I'm really excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie99909 View Post
    If I wasn't working right now I would head over there and see what I could do. I think what I might do is phone him this week and try to set something up on my day off. I'm really excited.

Me too Charlie!!!
    I can't wait to hear what happens. Now, I have read all the thread again and I have some more thoughts:

If you ever find out that she was wearing jewelry, please post descriptions or pictures if available. Europeans ( both western and eastern) are fond of wearing religious jewelry. Where Americans tend to be more secular in their attitude to culture, a European is very much defined by three things:
    1. National origin
    2. Language
    3. Religion
    These three things combine to create a personal identity for Europeans. Don't believe me? Ask a German what makes him "German".

Here's a true story: I was in a bar....(I know...bear with me)
    I once spotted an Eastern Orthodox style cross around the neck of a soccer player. I said to him, "HEY! I didn't know you were Orthodox --- you said you didn't believe in ANYTHING???"
    His response: I may not believe in it but I am still A RUSSIAN!
    I WOULD NEVER GIVE UP MY RELIGION.

ROFL! Proof that, you can take the boy out of Russia, but you'll never get Russia outta the boy and the Church is a huge part of that.
    Religious jewelry can pinpoint down to the language....a Greek cross is different from a Serbian one, and an Irish Roman Catholic is just as likely to wear a Celtic crucifix...see what I mean??? A European of any nationality is going to choose religious jewelry that reflects their OWN heritage. A Jewish European will choose jewelry that is reflective of Hebrew, etc....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rindicella For This Useful Post:

Now I wish I could contact the officer! This is gonna bug me all day until I can talk to someone!

still thinking Charlie....

Tattoos: Religious Eastern Orthodox usually do not have them ....the Church takes a dim view of tattooing. (In spite of what you have read about the Russian mob...they're different.)
    Same would go for someone who is an observant Jew.

Her surgical scar ---- could have been a C-section .... Hmmmm....still thinking.

They mentioned she had possibly given birth

Charlie....wonder if there were any "abandoned babies/children/toddlers" around that time?????

Charlie....!!!!!

Look at this:
    From the Washoe Co. Coroner's website:
    http://www.co.washoe.nv.us/coroner/u...iedremains.htm

Date Found: February 24, 1982
    Washoe County Coroner Case #0145-82
    Newborn, white, infant female, found at Flash Dam, Truckee River, Sierra County, California.
    Cause of Death: Undetermined/Homicide
    Agency: Sierra County Sheriff

Related???? Time frame fits with our young ladie's murder, as well as her possible C-section scar.

Pure speculation on my part but here's a theory:
    European girl hooks up with local fella. She's pregnant, no other family, he doesn't wnat the baby....he or they get "rid" of it, and later he decides to get rid of her too?
    Last edited by Rindicella; 07-18-2010 at 09:28 PM.

It could be far fetched, but not totally impossible.

I'm gonna makes note of it for if I ever get face time with the officer.

Nice find.

What's wierd Charlie, is that the infant was found in Sierra county....but it's assigned to Washoe county coroner??? Why the interstate cooperation there????

I think it's the close proximity to a bigger city. Some elko crimes are worked by washoe county detectives. Some does out there have someone here in town assigned to them.

K I've made my notes, now whether or not the detective returns my email I will make a phone call tomorrow and start making my official case inquiry with the police.

Later in the week I'll make my way to the church and see what I cane turn up.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie99909 For This Useful Post:

What's sad is she isn't even listed on the local paper's map of UIDs

http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...0917034&Ref=AR

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie99909 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie99909 View Post
    What's sad is she isn't even listed on the local paper's map of UIDs

http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...0917034&Ref=AR
    She's there, but they've got a male icon instead of a female. North of the Scripps State Wildlife Management Area and west of 395.

Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast