Top Marine's reaction to lifting Dont Ask Dont Tell

Honestly many gays have served the country since day #1.
All this is nonsence. Why make a fuss?
They don't mess with the others.
and it's not contagious.
Oh my.........it's in the genes. JMO
My hubby was an officer for 27 years USMC.
He always knew who was who............leave it be.
We are all human's.

Agreed passion-either you are firm in your sexuality or you arent. Segregating gays will not fly on any level-at least I pray it wont!!!

I really think the older service members, the ones in charge of things, don't realize how few young people care about who is or isn't gay. There are plenty of pretty-much-openly-gay service members, and hardly any complaints from heterosexual service members about living with them. In his many years of service, my husband has never heard such a complaint from any of his sailors.

On the other hand, the Marines have the worst living quarters of any of the services, so it wouldn't be a bad thing to build more barracks -- the whole gay-segregation thing will go away pretty quickly. (For one thing, trying to have the correct proportion of gay and straight Marines in each unit to fit the housing situation will not work), and they'll be left with more and newer barracks. Or, if the plan would be to give everybody private rooms, well, that's win/win.

I have a friend who is 71. He RETIRED from the Navy - never was outed. After retirement, he was honored for his volunteerism (non-military) (large city) for his service to the city. He's been open about his sexuality for several years, and no one thinks less of him.

What's wrong with the older miliary MEN who cannot accept that homosexuality exists and all people can be productive?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back