1087 users online (230 members and 857 guests)  

Websleuths News

Not Of This World

Ex-Scientology lawsuits reveal elite Sea Org group

SAN JACINTO, Calif. At the edge of arid foothills far outside Los Angeles, hundreds of Scientology followers live on a gated, 500-acre campus and work long hours for almost no pay reproducing the works of founder L. Ron Hubbard and creating the church's teaching and promotional materials.

The church says its 5,000 so-called Sea Organization members are religious devotees akin to monks who are exempt from wage requirements and overtime. But two lawsuits filed by two former Sea Org members, as they are known, allege the workers are little more than slave laborers, forced to work 100-hour weeks for pennies and threatened with manual labor if they cause trouble.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Dark Knight - thankd for posting this. A few years ago Rolling Stone Magazine sent one of their reporters into the ranks of scientology to do an indepth report. I still have the article, which was an expose. The author stated it was an article aimed at the truth, whatever that turned out to be. It turned out to be not so flattering to Scientology. I learned more about Scientology from that article than from anywhere else. The Sea Org was covered in that article, and all I can say is that one must read it to truly get a good idea of what being Scientology member is really like.
    Last edited by Kateyes; 03-27-2010 at 03:03 PM. Reason: to add the word "have" typo

Here is a link to the excellent Rolling Stone article:

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Myrtle Beach
    Like we didn't already know.

(Not meant directed at anyone here!)
    Last edited by OneLostGrl; 03-28-2010 at 03:41 PM.

Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Anas Nin
    Always Shocked,

Thank you very much for posting that article...I found it very informative and well written.
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? www.findjenniferkesse.com

Is anyone watching Anderson Cooper's series on the CoS this week? Very interesting, and of course, there's AC to look at.