Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Players Myspace & FB discussion

Quote Originally Posted by dodie20 View Post
    Thanks for that article. I just read it, & it makes sense to me. I guess once high school kids were allowed in, Facebook seemed more 'sopuisticated'. But it does make me mad that the military banned myspace. I wonder if the soldiers start using FB, if they'll then ban them from using that.
    Off topic, but concerning MS and the military. My nephew is in the navy and they were stationed on an aircraft carrier (would not be stateside for 6 months), One of his fellow sailers logged on to his wifes MS page and realized that she was cheating on him. Later that night, he killed himself. I guess MS could be a good morale booster, but it can also be very harmful.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to joeskidbeck For This Useful Post:

need to borrow someone's memory

Way back in the beginning Joe had a posting on his myspace from a friend. I seem to recall it was in regards to Haleigh missing. It went something like "just go back and explain" or something like that - anybody got a copy or remember this?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to balaney For This Useful Post:

elle1919 is offline Blowing out another's candle will not make yours shine brighter!!
    deep in the countryside of northern Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by balaney View Post

Way back in the beginning Joe had a posting on his myspace from a friend. I seem to recall it was in regards to Haleigh missing. It went something like "just go back and explain" or something like that - anybody got a copy or remember this?
    No screen shot but I remember it clear as a bell. It said He needed to go back to Florida and clear his name. Never happened. He said he was on probation and could not leave the state of Tennessee
    Last edited by elle1919; 05-01-2010 at 08:48 PM. Reason: add Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    We are allowed to link to MySpace. We are not allowed to quote comments on MySpace, but you can provide a link and direct people to the comment and discuss the comment(s). The same for Facebook.

You can not discuss their friends unless they are named in the mainstream media. Be prepared to provide a link that a person has been named in the mainstream media if you link to their MySpace or Facebook.

If the mods have to edit posts on a regular basis, we will go back to not allowing links at all so please be very careful with your posts.

Thanks!
    bump.............

7. The Following User Says Thank You to grandmaj For This Useful Post:

ilovemew is offline Thank you God for granting me the deepest desire of my heart!
    Link to pic. of granny Flo at Overstreet wedding. On Joe's mom's myspace page. Not on home computer so I can't save it so I thought I'd link it here. Don't know if that is okay??

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=17586100

Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep -Romans 12:15

Posts are my opinion only. Please direct all complaints to the Borg DebraAngel

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ilovemew For This Useful Post:

ilovemew is offline Thank you God for granting me the deepest desire of my heart!
    Okay let me try this again without violating the rules

Forget it, I can't. LOL Sorry guys and mods. I will just leave the myspace postings to the professionals. LOL

Thanks for the patience with me grandma!!
    Last edited by ilovemew; 05-02-2010 at 12:25 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilovemew For This Useful Post:

Link to photo. On the very left is Lisa (skinny as heck!) and granny Flo (her mother) is next to her holding her hand.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=17586821

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilovemew For This Useful Post:

Chelsea's mood yesterday was changed to "torn in pieces".

N/M: Chelsea's mood has been that way for a little while at least. I was looking at the last log in date and thinking that went with it.
    Last edited by ilovemew; 05-01-2010 at 10:51 PM. Reason: wrong as usual LOL

elle1919 is offline Blowing out another's candle will not make yours shine brighter!!
    deep in the countryside of northern Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemew View Post
    Chelsea's mood yesterday was changed to "torn in pieces".
    Hi mew....She actually has had that mood up for a bit. A week at least that I saw anyway.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to elle1919 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by joeskidbeck View Post
    Off topic, but concerning MS and the military. My nephew is in the navy and they were stationed on an aircraft carrier (would not be stateside for 6 months), One of his fellow sailers logged on to his wifes MS page and realized that she was cheating on him. Later that night, he killed himself. I guess MS could be a good morale booster, but it can also be very harmful.
    I was until recently a 23 yr navy wife, it is MOO that the reason MS was banned was due to security reasons. Makes sense considering that MS is riddled with viruses. The servers were always having problems due to the downloads from the various sites sailors were visiting, hence the ban. This was a small concession considering the email access alone was a thousand times better to communicate than the old snailmail. Also, the reasons you site are, IMO, contributing factors.
    To the anonymous donor who gave the gift of bone marrow for a babygirl they had never met: Thank You will never be enough!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to supergirl For This Useful Post:

Kat

I just looked at one of the links above to a page of "young Overstreets" and there is something I find strange...but its one of those "Do you like me?" ads, like for people who are looking for someone to hook up with...and Hayleighs picture is in it. There is two of them. I find this in bad taste....a little missing possibly murdered, possibly molested girl, and someone puts her image in a dating ad? What is up with this? Am I just being overly sensitive, or is this in bad taste?

RIP McStays

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the seeker For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by the seeker View Post
    I just looked at one of the links above to a page of "young Overstreets" and there is something I find strange...but its one of those "Do you like me?" ads, like for people who are looking for someone to hook up with...and Hayleighs picture is in it. There is two of them. I find this in bad taste....a little missing possibly murdered, possibly molested girl, and someone puts her image in a dating ad? What is up with this? Am I just being overly sensitive, or is this in bad taste?
    Hi Seeker. We had found this pic. a long time ago and discussed it. Yes I agree it was in bad taste but perhaps it was the players way of getting Haleigh's picture out there ? I do wish it would be taken down.
    Last edited by ilovemew; 05-01-2010 at 11:21 PM. Reason: changed with to wish DUH!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilovemew For This Useful Post:

OK I thought that was lindsy's myspace. If the KO has not been named in the media we have to take that link out please. Grandma and her daughter Tina have made media statements. The other links have to go except for Jo. Cousin B and K have never been named in mainstream media. If I am wrong someone please provide a link.

Sorry. I misunderstood what was being posted and thought the MS was Lindsy's.. And no links to the girl that drove Jo to FLA she has never been named as a player please.

Fix these links please. Thanks. I'm sorry we have to protect the privacy unless they are a named player.

Pictures of Minors are not allowed. If there are pictures of minors in these accounts don't link. t Do you know me link should be removed. Please peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaj View Post
    OK I thought that was lindsy's myspace. If the KO has not been named in the media we have to take that link out please. Grandma and her daughter Tina have made media statements. The other links have to go except for Jo. Cousin B and K have never been named in mainstream media. If I am wrong someone please provide a link.

Sorry. I misunderstood what was being posted and thought the MS was Lindsy's.. And no links to the girl that drove Jo to FLA she has never been named as a player please.

Fix these links please. Thanks. I'm sorry we have to protect the privacy unless they are a named player.

Pictures of Minors are not allowed. If there are pictures of minors in these accounts don't link. t Do you know me link should be removed. Please peeps.
    Yikes! Sorry to create so much chaos Grandmaj! These people aren't minors but no KO hasn't been named that I know of. The other one is Joe's mom who has spoken out to the media. I'm really sorry.

It's OK just edit I never looked at the links. KNOWN Players only. No relatives no friends and no pics of minors. Thanks........

26. The Following User Says Thank You to grandmaj For This Useful Post:

Boy did I derail this thread

Last edited by ilovemew; 05-02-2010 at 12:28 AM.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ilovemew For This Useful Post:

Does anyone else find the comments on BO's ms page odd? The numerous pics of missing children by the same person and the "do you like me?" with Haleighs pics from MC and a RB (?). NOT NOT NOT that I'm suggesting any connections, but BOY is that weird!!!
    100 years from now, it won't matter what kind of car you drove or how big your house was. What will matter is that you were important in the eyes of a child.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to YellowSubmarine For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by YellowSubmarine View Post
    Does anyone else find the comments on BO's ms page odd? The numerous pics of missing children by the same person and the "do you like me?" with Haleighs pics from MC and a RB (?). NOT NOT NOT that I'm suggesting any connections, but BOY is that weird!!!
    The do you like me pics of haleigh bug me..this whole case bugs me lol
    Praying for Kyron, Haleigh, and Baby Lisa...

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlmostGone For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by YellowSubmarine View Post
    Dreamfinder is a myspace for missing people. The person does that for a lot of missing children.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilovemew For This Useful Post:

Kimster is offline WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemew View Post
    Boy did I derail this thread

I just found me somethin' to steal!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by the seeker View Post
    Just letting you guys know that if you have a Myspace and -at one point- run the 'Do you like me?' application, the application pulls random pictures from your profile and auto posts them to people on your friend list. The Myspace account holder has no control which pictures get posted to whos profile/ or when.

38. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jetaime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by balaney View Post

Link to Joe's comment page on myspace. Scroll down to Feb. 22, 2009. The comment is there.
    http://www.myspace.com/380818970

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilovemew For This Useful Post:

Thank you for the link!

42. The Following User Says Thank You to balaney For This Useful Post:

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Quote Originally Posted by joeskidbeck View Post
    OMG how horrible!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetaime View Post
    Just letting you guys know that if you have a Myspace and -at one point- run the 'Do you like me?' application, the application pulls random pictures from your profile and auto posts them to people on your friend list. The Myspace account holder has no control which pictures get posted to whos profile/ or when.
    Yikes! that could be embarrassing.

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast