1020 users online (168 members and 852 guests)  

Websleuths News

Tammy Akers & Angela Rader

Do these two girls from the photos look like Tammy Akers and Angela Rader to you?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/akers_tammy.html
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rader_angela.html

Rader and Akers left home together in February 1977, while Alcala was still in jail, but they had run away in the past and may have done so again. Alcala was released from jail in June and went to NYC, where he might well have encountered the girls.

What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kimster; 03-26-2010 at 10:08 PM.

That one girl looks just like Angela Rader to me! WOW!

WOW - I am usually skeptical and able to find differences but these all look so much alike, especially the brunette.

Wow. This is a hit. The fact that they left home together and match two of his pictures, what are the chances it is a coincidence. You should notify the person in charge of their case.

It looks to me that both girls are missing front teeth. Also, the cheekbones and eyes seem very similar.
    Last edited by punklove; 03-26-2010 at 06:50 AM.

Okay, I submitted this one to Detective Ellis. I'll let everybody know if I hear anything.

There are others pictures of the girl in the first photo. In fact, she's the girl in the straw hat. Compared to those photos, I don't think it's her.

Here's the original post with all the photos listed:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Police asks help identifying the people in photos taken by murderer

It should probably be moved here along with the accompanying posts and also into the thread about the girl with the straw hat.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-11-2015 at 04:28 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

IMO the girl with the straw hat is a different girl. Her face is less square and her eyes a little bigger.

I agree. The girl in the hat is a different person.

If the moderators think the post should be moved, of course that's fine, but I wanted these two girls together so I didn't have to double post to both threads. I don't think the girl in the straw hat is the same girl as the one in the orange blouse and red pants.

Quote Originally Posted by marion View Post
    There are others pictures of the girl in the first photo. In fact, she's the girl in the straw hat. Compared to those photos, I don't think it's her.

Here's the original post with all the photos listed:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Police asks help identifying the people in photos taken by murderer

It should probably be moved here along with the accompanying posts and also into the thread about the girl with the straw hat.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    If the moderators think the post should be moved, of course that's fine, but I wanted these two girls together so I didn't have to double post to both threads. I don't think the girl in the straw hat is the same girl as the one in the orange blouse and red pants.
    I'm sorry. I apologize. I didn't realize they would go at the beginning of the thread, although now that I think about it it's rather obvious. I will ask for them to be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by marion View Post
    I'm sorry. I apologize. I didn't realize they would go at the beginning of the thread, although now that I think about it it's rather obvious. I will ask for them to be removed.
    Oh, no problem. There are disadvantages to doing it either way -- may as well just leave it as is for now.

The nose might not be right but the brunette in white looks a bit like Angela imo.
    http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress...0/03/01021.jpg
    Can anyone tell the color of her eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    The nose might not be right but the brunette in white looks a bit like Angela imo.
    http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress...0/03/01021.jpg
    Can anyone tell the color of her eyes?
    She does have a similar overall look, but one thing I've learned following the UID's over the past few months: If the nose is wrong, it's not her (barring cosmetic surgery, I suppose). Likewise teeth and ears. I'm no better than I was at telling when faces match, but I'm getting a lot better at telling when they don't.

ROANOKE (WSLS 10) – The families of two missing girls are hoping to get answers about their loved ones disappearances nearly 40 years ago.

Angela Rader and Tammy Akers’ cold case is one of the oldest in Roanoke city dating back to 1977. Walter Rader was 24 years old when his little sister Angela disappeared.

http://wsls.com/2015/05/04/family-me...tys-cold-case/
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!