Identified! NC - Edgecombe Co., UID remains off Seven Bridges Rd, Mar'10 - Roberta Williams

bamabeauty

Sleuthing Southern Style
Reaction score
Yeah...they're finding them like crazy (on land) in NC and here in Virginia...they're finding them in the James River and other bodies of water...

Have they linked them to anything? Do they think that they are ancient remains? I had not heard anything. Do you have a link to any other stories?

Your post is the first I've heard of this one in NC...but there have been several bodies found in recent weeks/months in various parts of NC. Several threads up and running here on WS for them.

Here in VA - just google - body james river... A man was pulled from the James today and most were thinking it was going to be the body of Jon Dorey...but it was someone else. I believe Ferdinand Mitchell was his name...and this is one person I hadn't heard about.

We've got quite a few missing people here in VA - and a few that had been missing were just found in the past couple of weeks.

Authorities identify human remains found in Edgecombe County
Roberta Williams

Posted: 55 minutes ago
Updated: 9 minutes ago

Battleboro, N.C. — Skeletal remains found Saturday in an Edgecombe County area where the bodies of seven other Rocky Mount women were discovered have been identified as a missing Rocky Mount woman, Sheriff James L. Knight said Tuesday.

The remains of Roberta Williams, 40, were discovered off Seven Bridges Road, between Battleboro and Whitakers.

Williams was last seen by a family member in Rocky Mount in spring 2008, authorities said. Williams was not officially reported missing, but concerns surfaced from persons who had not seen her in some time, authorities said.

more here

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7336496/

:rose: RIP, Roberta

Feature article from June 2010:

http://www.gq.com/story/serial-killer-girls-rocky-mount-north-carolina

On March 27, six days after Christine was laid to rest, a man riding his four-wheeler through a wooded area abutting Seven Bridges Road happened upon a skeleton that had apparently gone unnoticed in previous searches of the area. The body was that of Roberta Williams, a 40-year-old black woman convicted of prostitution in 2006. Roberta used to do cleaning work at the taxi station. The cabbie had watched her go quietly to pieces. The last time he saw her, she was walking the streets of the Neighborhood. She told him she was HIV-positive. That had been over a year ago. Friends and family members had reported Roberta's disappearance. The authorities claimed to have no record of it.

On April 6, 2010, North Carolina governor Bev Perdue dispatched a hundred National Guard troops to scour Seven Bridges Road and elsewhere around Rocky Mount for more bodies. They found nothing. For now, the numbers hold at nine dead, two missing.

Are there others? Will there be others, even with Pittman locked up? Over and over, I heard horror stories from daily life in the Neighborhood: a knife to the throat, a blow to the head, flung from a car at high speed, death threats, rape. The assailants went by names other than Antwan. They drove vehicles other than Pittman's Pontiac Bonneville.

No one, in any event, has been charged for these crimes. Almost certainly no one will be. Destitute black women in a hopeless pocket of America meeting violence and rape and murder with no one to stop it — it is an infuriating constant.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back