788 users online (106 members and 682 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2

    Patchwork Calico Shirt and Bell Bottom Jeans

    The girl in this picture looks to me like CONNIE GAIL MINCHACA.

    Anyone else think so??


    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Central Nevada
    Posts
    586
    Yes, I see a resemblence too!
    It is the nature of the truth to struggle to the light.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,128
    Looks close, and the clothing style certainly matches the time frame of her disappearance.

    jmo

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,346
    Really close, especially the hair. I used to try to wear my hair that way. Hairdo was called a shag.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    85
    wow, very close. When I look at the pics I feel like I am looking at the same person.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    51
    I see the resemblance but when I blow them up side by side it seems like their noses are quite different. Connie's nose has a narrow bridge and dips down at the end (not sure how better to express that) whereas the UID has a wider bridge and does not dip down.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Sar, the dates sure fit. Both women seem to have the same skin tone.

    Maybe someone will put them side to side so we can compare. It seems like a very good match. JMO

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    10,698
    I don't know why exactly but the woman in the Alcala picture gives me the impression that she's mature - not a child/teen. Connie and this woman definitely look alike but more as a "type" than as actually being the same person.

    MOO

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    18,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    I don't know why exactly but the woman in the Alcala picture gives me the impression that she's mature - not a child/teen. Connie and this woman definitely look alike but more as a "type" than as actually being the same person.

    MOO
    I agree. She looks like she's in her twenties. She has the carriage and careful grooming of a flight attendant.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Sar, the dates sure fit. Both women seem to have the same skin tone.

    Maybe someone will put them side to side so we can compare. It seems like a very good match. JMO
    Okay did my best. Faces aren't exactly the same size but you get the idea. I think the eyes are similar but the noses seem quite different (bridge and end). Also UID seems fairer skinned and her eyebrows have a blondish-reddish tint. Not that they can't be dyed but usually its easier to dye them black then to go lighter. Mouths seem quite different but somewhat hard to say given that Connie is smiling more.



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,247


    I included the age progression to compare the vertical spacing of the features because her face has the same angle, more or less.
    Last edited by Donjeta; 03-30-2010 at 05:22 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,346
    I still think its a match.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    2 Oaks and a Stump, MI
    Posts
    309
    the teeth look quite a bit different to me.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Take a look at the hands of this person and the wrists.

    Also what side does a man button his shirt? Is this a female's shirt?

    I'm no good at this, but my elderly mom is an artist. She asks what I'm doing and she looked at this and immediately told me this is not a female? My mom doesn't know how to use a computer, but she could use onion skin and trace and remove things. If that makes sense?

    What do you all think? Lurkey it was weird as we were looking at the matches my mom also said "The teeth are wrong".

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Take a look at the hands of this person and the wrists.

    Also what side does a man button his shirt? Is this a female's shirt?

    I'm no good at this, but my elderly mom is an artist. She asks what I'm doing and she looked at this and immediately told me this is not a female? My mom doesn't know how to use a computer, but she could use onion skin and trace and remove things. If that makes sense?

    What do you all think? Lurkey it was weird as we were looking at the matches my mom also said "The teeth are wrong".
    I think she's a girl, and the teeth are wrong.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. NM NM - Tara Calico, 19, Belen, 20 Sept 1988
    By mjak in forum 1980's Missing
    Replies: 250
    Last Post: 11-18-2017, 11:54 PM
  2. NM Tara Leigh Calico (19) - Belen NM, 1988
    By jttnewguy in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 09:46 PM