Identified! Dark Haired Pigtails Girl w/ Eyes Closed

RK, this is another photograph just made me want to cry. Granted the girl was probably just caught with her eyes closed, but considering who took the photo it bothers me.

Also, I think it's a double exposure. If so where's the other photograph. Also, the natural light.............glass.........this guy must have just went around and just shot photos everywhere and anywhere. No worrying about glare and all. The exposure though it looks like her hair. What the white thing is who knows?

The look on her face really bothers me :(

RK, this is another photograph just made me want to cry. Granted the girl was probably just caught with her eyes closed, but considering who took the photo it bothers me.

Also, I think it's a double exposure. If so where's the other photograph. Also, the natural light.............glass.........this guy must have just went around and just shot photos everywhere and anywhere. No worrying about glare and all. The exposure though it looks like her hair. What the white thing is who knows?

kz3d19-kz3d640006.jpg

http://www.ocregister.com/news/alcala-238591-women-murphy.html#article-photos

I never noticed that double exposure on the bottom of the pic.To me it looks like the top of someones head and (I know it seems weird) but maybe a doll.Im really bad at this stuff but to the right of what looks like hair on top of a head it looks like a doll with messy hair and a dolls eye.Like someone is holding a doll.
It looks creepy to me.

I'm probably overdiagnosing things again but it almost looks like she could have a mild case of residual facial nerve paralysis. Her mouth seems asymmetrical, the other side droops just a very tiny little bit, and the nasolabial fold seems to be deeper on the opposite side. Maybe it's just the way the shadows fall and her expression.

Otherwise I get the impression she's disgusted about something.

How do you feel about her and Bonita Bickwit?
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bickwit_bonita.html

The eyebrows are different but those can be painted. In her photos Bonita seems to be growing out of a perm and the Alcala girl has very straight hair but I guess the significance of that depends on the timeframe. I feel like they're two different persons but I don't really know why.

I think they resemble each other but I dont think its the same person either.The problem for me is Bonita looks different in each of her pictures.
I wish we knew which pics to rule out as being people who are coming forward as alive though.

I feel both girls have the same "look" to them and thats what keeps making me try to compare them but in my gut I dont think theyre a match.

I think the secondary image at the bottom of the picture is a reflection. Like maybe Alcala was taking the picture through one piece of glass and there was another piece that bounced someone elses reflection into the bottom of the frame. The curved glare spot makes me think it wasn't a deliberate double exposure.

Yes I see what youre saying.It does look like a reflection.I still see something that looks like a doll though. I wonder if she even knew the pic was being taken.What a creep.

Her looks are very similar, but she'd have had to stay missing for two years until Alcala's release from prison in 1974. She was last seen hitchhiking; I guess if she made a habit of it she could have been anywhere.

For a while I thought this was just a strange looking boy. I don't know if that adds much to the conversation, but thought I would throw the possibility out there. I was not around until the 80s - did guys EVER wear their hair like this? If anyone saw the movie Grandma's Boy, didn't Dante (big stoner in the movie) have pigtails?

Found a pic - he did:
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTcyNDM0MTk4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODg1MDU3._V1._SX485_SY315_.jpg

Don't over-analyze the picture lol....it's a very, very strange movie. So there is an example of a male with pigtails.

For a while I thought this was just a strange looking boy. I don't know if that adds much to the conversation, but thought I would throw the possibility out there. I was not around until the 80s - did guys EVER wear their hair like this?

I graduated high school in '73 and I don't recall ever seeing a man with pigtails until Jim Carrey started doing that weight lifter girl character on In Living Color.

Don't know if its the pic reflection ,but it looks like a male wearing a wig. Something doesn't look natural about the middle hair part. The bottom pic looks like someone is doing something to his privates. Thats why the disguisted look on his face.

There is a pic where the beatles album is vivid. The person facing us appears to be singing, and someone else where we can only see their back in the pic is wearing a blue shirt with white straps. Well could it be this person without the pigtails because i noticed the same kind of strap on the shoulder area in this pic also. Don't know if blue shirt has breasts or a open top. Could Alcala have got them to act out something kinky, and thats why some poster say they see a doll.

could this be a childhood pic of Alcala dressed as a girl holding a doll ?

The photo is what is called double exposure. There are film photographers out there who attempt to do this and come up with some beautiful photos. In a case like this where the bottom part doesn't add anything to the image, it is obviously because the film wasn't advanced properly. Here are a couple of examples. You can see that the film/photo is "off" because you can see the brown line above her head of the previous photo...just a small slice. In this roll of film, his photos would have all be double exposure after this one of this girl since once it gets off, it can't be reset unless he did so in a darkroom so as not to expose the rest of the roll to the light. I don't see any mystery really in this photo. It looked like he caught her off guard and her eyes were closed. Squinting in the sun is more believable to me than anything else.

Examples:

http://content.cdlib.org/ark:/13030/kt5000130t/

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/XOvKUKPM1RR_7ZyT2MOkQA

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Vd18LhC-uhin2zr_XZM6HQ

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members