Slain Marine's Dad Ordered to Pay Westboro Legal Fees

STEADFAST

Reaction score
:furious:
Lawyers for the father of a Marine who died in Iraq say a court has ordered him to pay legal costs for the Fred Phelps-led Westboro Baptist Church anti-gay protesters from Topeka who picketed his son's funeral.
Albert Snyder of York, Pa., had won a $5 million verdict against Phelps, but it was thrown out on appeal.
On Friday, the Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit in Maryland ordered Snyder to pay the costs of Phelps' appeal.
http://www.wibw.com/localnews/headlines/89454667.html

The photo attached to that article showing children holding posters saying "Thank God for dead soldiers" is obscene. Why this creep and his wolves have been allowed to commit these vulgar acts is beyond me. These are HATE crimes.

Oh please, this has not a thing to do with President Obama.

These fake christians and their constant protests are infuriating and I can't believe this ruling.

Westboro was doing this when Bush was in office. AND getting away with it, too. It's called free speech.

Why doesn't somebody protest in front of their church? Isn't it in Kansas? Or is it in Oklahoma? Something outlandish. Free speech works both ways.

These fake christians and their constant protests are infuriating and I can't believe this ruling.

The judges who overturned the original ruling were Robert B. King, Dennis W. Shedd, and Allyson K. Duncan.

Here's their decision. http://pacer.ca4.uscourts.gov/opinion.pdf/081026.P.pdf Look at their reasoning around pg 30 or so. It will make you puke!!!:sick:

This makes so so furious! I can't say anything else right now or I will be in danger of receiving a lifetime ban.

I love when people hide behind "freedom of speech" to spew hate and insults others. I generally do not pay attention to a group who is ignorant enought to have a website called godhatesfags.com but this in deplorable. I also usually try to reserve judgemnts and leave them for the higher power but I firmly belive Fred Phelps and his followers have a specail spot in hell reserved for them. I would not be shocked if someone told me Fred Phelps is a closet homosexual. You know "he who doth protest the loudest" or however it goes. How dare them claim to love God and be Christians. They are obviously a hate group!

These idiots have been actively spreading their message of hatred and intolerance well before Obama was elected.

I cannot IMAGINE what this court was thinking. This is obscene. Beyond understanding.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

:furious::furious::furious::furious:

Yes it is unbelievable and should be viewed by a higher court. How can a hate group win?
Oh Waite I forgot Obama was/is a member of a hate church....Is this the change we can expect in this country?

Is this the US of America? where are we?

News this morning reported that the Marine dad says he won't pay, but I can't find a print story about it yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back