Girl with turtleneck turned up to midriff

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Here is a link to the photograph of the girl with the midriff (belly top) turtleneck. I think she looks a whole lot like a missing person named Yvonne Reglar. In fact Yvonne is in our Missing threads for some time.

Yvonne worked in a gas station in Ohio. When friends came to bring her lunch she was gone. Everything important was left behind including her drivers license.

Yvonne went missing on August 8, 1977. Alcala was paroled by that time and the PO gave him permission to go to New York City to visit "family". Good lookout on the PO's part, right? Could he have traveled through Ohio at some point then? The only problem though is our midriff girl is at that dang window in that NYC apartment. Could someone have kept it for Alcala when he was incarcerated and he went back to his old tricks in the same place.

Sorry for the long post. Here's the girl in the midriff.

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00423.jpg

Yvonne Reglar. The one thing though is our girl here looks way thinner then Yvonne's noted weight. Then again God forbid if she was abducted by Alcala you wouldn't be able to eat.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/reglar_yvonne.html

Her hair would have had to grow about 12 inches to look like that super thin girl...I'm guessing she probably didn't use extensions :)

Her hair would have had to grow about 12 inches to look like that super thin girl...I'm guessing she probably didn't use extensions :)

Right? I'm bad at ratio and scale. However, maybe Yvonne wasn't actually a buck 20 or 25. I think they said 125. I still say I'm 115 like back in High School.;)

No way. Extensions. Didn't they have something called a "switch" though? No way would any of these girls wear one of them. Only mom's did. This girl also has such a great stomach. I mean this is before Jane Fonda work out even. Bless her. I hope she's somewhere safe and weighs what I weigh now and has grandkids.

Thanks, Claudette. They do look somewhat alike though, right?

Back in the day, the girl in the photo would have been considered unattractively emaciated. Not that that helps identify her...

It looks to me like Yvonne has her hair go down her back behind her shoulders and I couldn't say how long it is. It might be mentioned in her identifying details if it was exceptionally long, maybe (although hair can always be cut).

I think the girl in the picture is older than 17. More like 25.

I think the girl in the picture is older than 17. More like 25.

I agree. She's got some permanent forehead wrinkles starting.

Here is another photo of her
http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00383.jpg

I also noticed that the fabric of her top is very pilled up. Her eye looks weird, like she is drugged, has suffered a head injury or has been messing about with atropine eye drops. The frame around the window is desperately in need of painting. Outside of the window are dark bricks with light mortar. Her lips look more dried out and chafed in one picture than in the other.

Pics side by side

20p8qo7.jpg
2a6s5c9.jpg

Pics side by side

20p8qo7.jpg
2a6s5c9.jpg
She has such unique looking features, I find it hard to imagine she has not been identified.
Perhaps she is one that got away, hopefully, and the authorities already know of her.

Looking at this entire picture more I don't think it is Yvonne Reglar.

Perhaps this girl in the photograph is a runaway? Carbuff made note that back in the day this girl would have been considered emaciated. As Reasy pointed out she does have alot of pills on this shirt. Perhaps she had only what she had on with her? Yvonne went missing from her job. She had family. I don't believe she would have left willingly.

What kind of drugs this monster gave them I don't know. I can only say I ever saw people's pupils as huge as some of these girls when they were wired on coke years ago.

Imbackon I agree with you. I hope she is alright.

Probably mostly grass. That was the flower children drug of choice. Maybe something hallucinogenic.

I doubt if he had to force it on many people. I suspect that the reverse is true -- he was popular, especially with runaways and street kids, because he had a good supply of joints and booze.

It may just be the lighting in the photos but it looks like, at one point, her hair was a lighter color. The ends appear lighter than the several inches long roots. The length of the dark roots makes me think, if she did dye her hair, it had been awhile since she'd done so.

She may have just decided to grow it out or she found herself in a situation where she did not have access to hair dye anymore.

Just thinking.

In the late sixties and early seventies, it was popular to bleach the ends or outer layer of your hair -- going for the sun-bleached surfer chick look. Can't tell whether that's what's going on here.

In the late sixties and early seventies, it was popular to bleach the ends or outer layer of your hair -- going for the sun-bleached surfer chick look. Can't tell whether that's what's going on here.

Yes. Her hair looks quite brassy in tone down the ends, which makes me think she used something like Sun-in Hair Lightener, which I'm pretty sure was around in the seventies. Cheap and damaging and most hairdressers won't do any chemical procedure (coloring, perming) on hair that it has been used on.

http://www.sun-in.com/original.asp

Here is a link to the photograph of the girl with the midriff (belly top) turtleneck. I think she looks a whole lot like a missing person named Yvonne Reglar. In fact Yvonne is in our Missing threads for some time.
Yvonne worked in a gas station in Ohio. When friends came to bring her lunch she was gone. Everything important was left behind including her drivers license.
Yvonne went missing on August 8, 1977. Alcala was paroled by that time and the PO gave him permission to go to New York City to visit "family". Good lookout on the PO's part, right? Could he have traveled through Ohio at some point then? The only problem though is our midriff girl is at that dang window in that NYC apartment. Could someone have kept it for Alcala when he was incarcerated and he went back to his old tricks in the same place.
http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00423.jpg[/QUOTE[]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I assume you mean someone keeping his apartment and him returning? I do. Absolutely I do because I have found two different 'looks' to that apartment.
It is far too much to post here, but I think I have figured out a wall to wall 'image' of the apartment minus what is behind the door by the window with no door knob (maybe a dark room for processing) and another door that is covered by the flowered sheet.
The wall behind the girl you speak of is tan with brown trim. The outside of the building is either a dark brown or dark greystone building. If you check other photos, the window and the wall are both painted blue. There are also some furniture placements and iitems on shelving that are in different places; all of which indicates a change in decor. I have no clue as to the time frame of the changes.
One thing I do know is that the tan/brown paint is flat in appearance, indicating a latex base paint. The blue paint has a shine indicating an enamel or oil based paint (for that time period). Judging from the brush strokes (thin painting) behind the radiator near the window, I say this was a home project verses a professional paint job. I believe the blue paint came after the tan color. Time frame? Again, don't know but working on it.
Good resemblence to the missing you posted!

No, I can't agree with the "emaciated" comments...that was the style then - superthin. Remember the supermodel "Twiggy"? She started that era in the late 60s, and it continued throughout the early 80's. I remember growing up and developing curves, and being so sad I'd never be skinny like everyone else was.

At least, that was the social culture in NYC and Los Angeles...

Best-
Herding Cats

No, I can't agree with the "emaciated" comments...that was the style then - superthin. Remember the supermodel "Twiggy"? She started that era in the late 60s, and it continued throughout the early 80's. I remember growing up and developing curves, and being so sad I'd never be skinny like everyone else was.

At least, that was the social culture in NYC and Los Angeles...

Best-
Herding Cats

Twiggy was very much an aberration in my part of the country...

She looks hyperthyroid. A runaway thyroid gland makes you thin and makes your eyes protrude.

I had it for a while about 9 years ago before we beat it down with Tapazole(TM). You feel great at first. You keep getting thinner without trying and have lots of energy. Then the sleep deprivation kicks in. You look and feel totally frazzled and wired. Thyroid hormone is in the endocrine cascade leading to adrenaline. Overproduction of it means you have your adrenaline going 24/7. It takes you pretty far out of whack eventually.

She has exactly the look.

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00423.jpg

Yvonne Reglar. The one thing though is our girl here looks way thinner then Yvonne's noted weight. Then again God forbid if she was abducted by Alcala you wouldn't be able to eat.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/reglar_yvonne.html
Her nose appears broken and off set in this pic with bruising near the tip. Perhaps RA broke her nose and shot her up to to get a certain look for the pic.Or she was strangled and revived why her eyes look strange, and forced to smile maybe with the promise of going home Yes she does look like Yvonne.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back