1199 users online (233 members and 966 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dark Haired Woman/beige shirt

Last edited by RubyRed; 03-30-2010 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    Actually, that's the same basic picture as RubyRed's 1st one, but the Nancy Grace version you've linked is uncropped. Thanks for that.

I wish the sites with the pictures up wouldn't mess with them, just post the whole thing.

Oh, sorry, I can't see but one photo in the first post, the other link doesn't open for me.

I wish we could read the magazine behind her.

She has interesting earrings - it looks like two gold circles with a green stone in the middle. He collected jewelry from his victims, wonder if they found anything similar..

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    From that picture I think the necklace has a cameo pendant.

Okay, now this is scary. I don't know why I didn't catch this before, but this young lady has a red cameo necklace on as Jubble noted above. There is a red cameo charm in the People's Magazine that show's Alcala's jewelry stash. It is heart-shaped and I cannot tell if this girls is or not because of the angle of the picture. But I sure as heck hope LE has caught this!

I'm new to ws and have been trying to keep up with the Alcala case. I didn't get to purchase a copy of the People Magazine that featured this article and pictures. Is there a site that has pictures of the jewelry he kept other than just in the magazine? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Penny_Lane View Post
    I'm new to ws and have been trying to keep up with the Alcala case. I didn't get to purchase a copy of the People Magazine that featured this article and pictures. Is there a site that has pictures of the jewelry he kept other than just in the magazine? Thank you!
    Unfortunately, even the PM site doesn't have anything on that article. It's very weird, every other article from the mag issue can be brought up when you search their site, but not the Alcala one. It makes me wonder if they received some flack from LE for showing the few pieces of jewelry they did. I don't know why LE just doesn't release photos of all the jewelry, some of them look a little unique. Someone, somewhere might remember giving a missing loved one or friend a certain piece of jewelry. Who knows? And the guy is already in jail and sentenced to death, so why not release the pics? I don't get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Penny_Lane View Post
    Hi Penny.

Welcome.

HI PENNY! Welcome to WeBsLeUtHs!!!

OK, here's a scan of the pouch and jewelry picture from the magazine. Click on the thumbnail to enlarge.
    The circled ones are Robin Samsoe's, the rose ones are Charlotte Lamb's.

Last edited by Bargle; 05-02-2010 at 08:26 AM.
    If coincidence never happened, there wouldn't be a word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bargle View Post
    OK, here's a scan of the pouch and jewelry picture from the magazine. Click on the thumbnail to enlarge.
    The circled ones are Robin Samsoe's, the rose ones are Charlotte Lamb's.

Thanks, Bargle.

I don't see a cameo.

However, I see two what I think are charms. It looks like one is a baby carriage. The other maybe a cookoo clock?

The earrings which are Robin's it is amazing her mom put those grooves there. Who amongst us didn't have those earrings? Basically they pierced your ears with those. I know Alcala was saying he had them on during the "Dating Game". Maybe it's me, but guys wearing two earrings I thought didn't come into style many, many years later.

Two charms.

Thank you for the welcomes guys!! I don't get what the big hush hush about the jewelry is either. Hopefully something will be issued on online soon! Until then I guess we just keep researching! You guys do a great job! Thanks for all you do!

Another One To Worry About

Amazing how many pictures in this collection have some sort of discoloration or deep groove running across the throat.

She's smiling, but her clothing looks a lot more rumpled than in the other shot of her. Was that the "before" pic? That second button on her blouse, fastened in the first, is now undone. The horizontal band on her neck could be the shadow of something but it's unclear what. Or maybe it's just hair but it doesn't look quite like hair.

It's frustrating that the picture was apparently pushed to the max already in the darkroom to rescue an underexposure. The shadow regions will not brighten to reveal any further detail. Thus it's impossible to tell if the suspicious band continues on around.

In her other picture this person has distinct, thin, natural-looking neck creases resulting from her posture. Now there's a broad, dark band. She looks less composed and her blouse looks more mussed.

The furniture in the background doesn't look like anything I can recall in the other pictures. I'm guessing it's her place.

At least she's smiling.

Edit:
    The hi-res Nancy Grace site version shows her skin texture continues across the feature. It's not hair. Could still be the shadow of hair.

Last edited by WildHuncher; 02-27-2011 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Add second closeup

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast