Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Latta - that is why I found that quote so interesting...

Latta - that is why I found that quote so interesting...

MBL

It could have simply meant she was packing to come home from the friends house she was at. But,most people don't have to "pack" to come home from staying at a friends. However, they way these teen girls were with all the clothes, makeup, etc maybe that's what it meant.

That's true...just struck me as odd...especially when we hadn't heard this detail before. But I do believe I remember in one of the first articles that it said all of BD's things were in bags of some sort when JH arrived (with LE) at the BH.

I realize it was a stressful and confusing time for DD and I'm sure that LE prompted her to not release every detail of their last conversation.

Sorry if my statement to anyone was offensive, it was not intended to be.

she intend on leaving when they had to. she packed her stuff, was on vacation.....that is all
she intended on coming back...but something happened.
bluestarzz

Yes definitely she was coming back...that's not what I found odd about the packing statement.

It is known that this group was going to have to change hotels the next day. So I would guess she would have to pack to change hotels...but to make the statement to pack to come home when BD knew they wouldn't be leaving MB on Sunday sounds odd for one thing.

That's true...just struck me as odd...especially when we hadn't heard this detail before.

Sorry if my statement to anyone was offensive, it was not intended to be.

Same here! I can't begin to tell you how many articles i have read, forums, comments, etc. on this case. And this was the FIRST time i ever heard that statement.

The only recollection i have about DD communicating with BD was regarding soccer cleats.

Also we have to consider the classic game of "telephone" we played as kids. something as simple as two words "packing up" can change the entire meaning of the statement.

It does make you scratch your head though :waitasec:

I know I certainly did not take offense to your statement. We were simply taking a quote from the media and analyzing it, kicking around ideas and theories... seems like WS would be the place to do it...

Myrtle Beach Police say they're investigating a Facebook posting about missing spring breaker Brittanee Drexel but don't believe it's a serious clue into her disappearance. :(

Yes definitely she was coming back...that's not what I found odd about the packing statement.

It is known that this group was going to have to change hotels the next day. So I would guess she would have to pack to change hotels...but to make the statement to pack to come home when BD knew they wouldn't be leaving MB on Sunday sounds odd for one thing.

Ur right it doesn't make sense. But who knows how much DD actually knew IMO something tells me she found out after BD was there I don't think she knew right away but within a day or 2. JMHO

I hope you didn't think I did either :) I was just thinking of a different reason for BD saying it or what Dawn interrupted it to be.

Same here! I can't begin to tell you how many articles i have read, forums, comments, etc. on this case. And this was the FIRST time i ever heard that statement.

The only recollection i have about DD communicating with BD was regarding soccer cleats.

Also we have to consider the classic game of "telephone" we played as kids. something as simple as two words "packing up" can change the entire meaning of the statement.

It does make you scratch your head though :waitasec:

I know I certainly did not take offense to your statement. We were simply taking a quote from the media and analyzing it, kicking around ideas and theories... seems like WS would be the place to do it...

Hello all ! ! I have been talking to a couple people real close to the D family, and I ran that quote by them, and they feel certain CW was simply mixed up. Appareantly this is not the first time... :) Certainly cannot hold it against her...

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter ! Peas !

I was thinking about the lack of local knowledge of this case and the strong local perception that little more will publicly be done or said to protect the tourism economy, and there might be an angle that has not been tried...

How about posting her missing poster in the KITCHENS and BREAKROOMS of restaurants and clubs, to get the info across to the servers, bussers, bartenders, and cooks? While the population in the service industry changes greatly from season to season, there are also a lot of people who return each year to work, doing the snowski circuit in the winter, and the beach thing spring and summer.

You might also think about the 2 major fishing launches, Murrells Inlet and Georgetown Landing. The early 20's guys who assist on the chartered fishing boats party hearty at night, and could have come across someone who partied and talked too much. You also might want to try the fishing pier staffs at Surfside and Garden City and MB.

It's worth a try, IMO.

Please join us in our march and candle light vigil on april 24th in myrtle beach !! See attached file for information and directions!! Thanks everyone. Let's help bring brittanee home!!

Attachments

• FLYER_REV2.jpg
    FLYER_REV2.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 28
Regarding the comment that CW made - about Brittanee packing to come home.

Maybe Brittanee didn't want to stay any longer with those she arrived with in MB. Perhaps Brittanee knew that PB & crew were allegedly leaving early the next morning and she was hoping to catch a ride back with them? Or maybe catch a ride back with one of the other ROC groups that was there.

ETA: To my knowledge no one has ever said if BD knew about the transition from BH to Boardwalk - but if she did that could also account for her packing her things - just not necessarily to come home.

Regarding the comment that CW made - about Brittanee packing to come home.

Maybe Brittanee didn't want to stay any longer with those she arrived with in MB. Perhaps Brittanee knew that PB & crew were allegedly leaving early the next morning and she was hoping to catch a ride back with them? Or maybe catch a ride back with one of the other ROC groups that was there.

ETA: To my knowledge no one has ever said if BD knew about the transition from BH to Boardwalk - but if she did that could also account for her packing her things - just not necessarily to come home.

Very good point... If we she was not having a good time with the girls, she would probably want to take the first *reasonable* ride home... and PB and the gang would fit the bill... another thought - IF she asked PB+gang if she could tag along for the ride back, what'd he and the gang say? Yes? no?

wish i could find it - i read somewhere that reservations were made.. reservations could not be secured @ BW for the last day? So the motel-change was planned.... do not know if that is true.... i wouldnt know i dont make reservations at places like these, ever.... :)

Even if that is true, it doesnt mean BD was aware of the plans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk