1081 users online (205 members and 876 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Boy Attempts Suicide at Middle School

Unhappy

Thank God he was found before it was too late, poor kid. I hope and pray that he now gets some serious help!
    George Eliot: "We constantly ask for God's mercy while showing none ourselves..."

Kudos to the school, which happened to have a defibrillator, and the school staff that reacted quickly. That poor boy....

yes, i was surprised that it was handled so well...(i live in ABQ-not exactly known for being on top of things as a rule) also surprised that schools even dare to do that kind of thing, what with so many lawsuits, etc...do they have parents sign forms? Just wonder as I do not have kids...
    I hope everyone involved takes it as seriously as it is and tries to determine the source...I wonder if it is another case of bullying...or something at home, since he did it at school? how terrible to be a 13-yr old boy who no longer wants to live...I cannot even imagine, at that age, feeling so sad and hopeless. (those feelings are supposed to come much later, if at all ...)
    I hope he has or acquires some solid adult support system...whatever he has now isn't working for him...

Something is VERY fishy with this story. This child would NOT be home with his parents. He would be in a crisis center, hospital, psy ward, being observed and evaluated & recieving therapy. They just don't send suicidal children home with a pat on the head.

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    Something is VERY fishy with this story. This child would NOT be home with his parents. He would be in a crisis center, hospital, psy ward, being observed and evaluated & receiving therapy. They just don't send suicidal children home with a pat on the head.

wanted to add...Who hears a noise in the bathroom of a school and immediately calls campus security to check out the source of the noise? Ridiculous!

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

wanted to add...Who hears a noise in the bathroom of a school and immediately calls campus security to check out the source of the noise? Ridiculous!
    I agree, that part doesn't make much sense.
    Last edited by jjenny; 04-01-2010 at 10:40 AM.

http://www.koat.com/news/23018460/detail.html

This says it is still being investigated.

Good grief, why oh why. I hope whatever drove this child to such drastic actions can be resolved.
    Prayers for this young man that he may continue life and live it to the fullest.

I agree that he should be in some sort of treatment facility where he can be closely monitored, but the noise thing might make sense.....depending on what the noise was. For instance if it was screaming, contacting campus security to investigate would have been the prudent action.

Oh my goodness 13 years of age...just soo sad.

I do hope this young boy gets the phychological help he needs and they find out what was going through his mind and the reason he thought death would make it all go away.

deep in the countryside of northern Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiogirl View Post

This says it is still being investigated.
    Thank goodness. Someone is still looking into it.

snip~"It concerns me that a middle school child felt the need to do that, but not so much where it happened. That's not the important part, where it happened," the parent said.

APS officials said school officers and the Crimes Against Children unit is still investigating the incident.

Officials would not speak regarding the boy's condition, but did say that that he is now with his family. APS said they also notified parents.~ end
    The depths of which we are able to love will be measured by the depths we are able to love ourselves....et

There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must NEVER be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
    I agree that he should be in some sort of treatment facility where he can be closely monitored, but the noise thing might make sense.....depending on what the noise was. For instance if it was screaming, contacting campus security to investigate would have been the prudent action.
    The story is that the student hung himself. So why would there be screaming?
    You can't really scream if you hung yourself.

Maybe he was kicking the stall. Maybe he thought it would happen faster and freeked after the fact. Thats just awful to think about that pour boy.
    "Please note - this is a message board, not a blog. Thank you"... Sincerely, Tricia Griffith and the Websleuths Family

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    The story is that the student hung himself. So why would there be screaming?
    You can't really scream if you hung yourself.

I think he could have been screaming as the person who notified security passed by. Nothing in the article indicates that he was already hanging when the noise was heard. I don't mean screaming like the foolish women in horror movies. I mean more screaming out in anger and frustration, in emotional pain.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast