1348 users online (289 members and 1059 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 75
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Prior Lake, MN moving to Utah in June 2010
    Posts
    277

    CA/GA "experts" on Human Decomposition Smell - ??

    I see a lot of talk about Cindy being a nurse and if she does have expertise in the field of human decomposition.

    FACTS:

    Cindy's nursing license was issued Sept 7, 1979 in Ohio
    http://www.nursing.ohio.gov/Verification.htm

    Currently Cindy is a registered nurse in the state of Florida since February 12, 1990
    http://ww2.doh.state.fl.us/IRM00PRAE...5&ProfNBR=1701
    http://ww2.doh.state.fl.us/irm00prae...01&Lookup=TRUE

    Cindy a registered nurse who works for Gentiva Health Services as a Case Manager - office position. Cindy is on disability leave of absence.
    http://www.gentiva.com

    Department of Children and Families was at Cindy home last week (November 16, 2009) to investigate CA.....CA is on disability leave from her nursing job.......
    http://www.wftv.com/news/21632709/detail.html

    FROM MY MEMORY BANK:

    Cindy was asked if she was familiar with human decomposition.
    Cindy answer was that she worked in a burn unit at one time. Cindy had classes in a mortuary. Cindy at one time worked in a hospital.


    FACTS:

    QUOTES: Cindy: "I am a nurse of decomposition, and lots more.... "

    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRNmm7fN1xU[/ame]

    http://www.youtube.com/user/Sierra1947

    July 22, 2008
    Last edited by BondJamesBond; 04-01-2010 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Added date reference to clarify "last week"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    410
    Gee, and I thought she was an expert on the smell of rotting pizzas!
    Seriously, Cindy is like a chameleon. She changes her outer skin to reflect the danger of the moment so she thinks she's protecting herself. One minute she's an expert on decomposition, the next minute she's not, depending on how dangerous it is. Her SA deposition is an excellent depiction of her lying, denying, backtracking and trying to scam the prosecutors. CA is a registered nurse and she knows the smell of human decomp. Her 911 call will be admitted as evidence, IMO.
    One thing we do know this is this. If we have gotten to this stage, those same jurors have already decided that the face that Caylee Anthony saw in those final moments of her life was her mother`s face. - Assistant State's Attorney Jeffrey Ashton, December 11, 2009

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,759
    if there is such a thing as a a"nurse of decomposition" I have never heard of it nor have I met anyone that knows of such a title.
    More likely is that Cindy said/meant "I have smelled that odor before, I am a nurse, of decomposition." But the only part that is repeated over and over is "I am a nurse of decomposition" It doesn't even make sense
    IOW, she was trying to say she had smelled the odor of decomposition before and in the middle of the sentence she clarified that she was a nurse and then finished her sentence.
    Last edited by JBean; 04-01-2010 at 12:37 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    932
    Here's hoping the jury are experts on bovine excrement smell.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    N.O.P, Washington state
    Posts
    183

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by miss plum View Post
    Here's hoping the jury are experts on bovine excrement smell.
    Double thanks!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Prior Lake, MN moving to Utah in June 2010
    Posts
    277


    GA was a Trumbull detective from 1974 until 1985

    http://www.wkbn.com/news/local/25944914.html

    "George and I were partners in the Sheriff's Department. We worked together, we were detectives together. And he became a very good friend of mine. Great. Super guy. Loved his family, good family guy. It's got to be hard on him. Absolutely hard. terrible."--Sheriff Thomas Altiere

    http://www.vindy.com/news/2008/jul/2...as-local-ties/
    Last edited by BB12; 04-01-2010 at 12:59 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Prior Lake, MN moving to Utah in June 2010
    Posts
    277
    Smell of death in CAR = Amy n Lee
    http://www.clickorlando.com/news/17541114/detail.html

    Smell of death in CAR - Lee

    http://www.wftv.com/news/17538105/detail.html
    Lee told investigators that a smell in Casey's trunk was atrocious.

    http://www.mahalo.com/lee-anthony
    Told police he smelled a "horrible smell" in Casey Anthony's car and the family's garage
    Last edited by BB12; 04-01-2010 at 01:49 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,759
    George Anthony told Yuri Melich that there was an odor that smelled like something died in the back of the car when he first saw George Anthony on 7-16-08.

    http://cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Anthony%20%20George0724.pdf

    Yuri Melich:
    One thing I’ve been meaning to ask, and I apologize maybe this isn’t a good time, but only because this might be the only, I don’t know how often we’ll be able to sit and talk. When I first saw you that night when I first came to your house there was a mention of the car. And there was a mention of what you smelled in the car.


    GA: Uh-hum (affirmative).

    YM: Do you remember what you told me?

    GA: I, I, I believe that there’s something dead back there. And I hate to say the word human.......
    Last edited by JBean; 04-01-2010 at 01:48 AM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    if there is such a thing as a a"nurse of decomposition" I have never heard of it nor have I met anyone that knows of such a title.
    More likely is that Cindy said/meant "I have smelled that odor before, I am a nurse, of decomposition." But the only part that is repeated over and over is "I am a nurse of decomposition" It doesn't even make sense
    IOW, she was trying to say she had smelled the odor of decomposition before and in the middle of the sentence she clarified that she was a nurse and then finished her sentence.
    Hi JBean!
    There is no such thing as a nurse of decomposition and I do believe you are right, she was just stumbling over her words...but the important fact we can all retrieve from this statement is that Cindy KNOWS what decomp smells like. She has smelled it before during the course of her job. And that smell, the smell in the car was, the awfullest thing she ever smelled...that bag of pizza. It makes utterly NO sense thus the stumbling. She was not prepared at that moment to answer that question and her words got tangled up in her thoughts...

    ABC provided $200,000.00 to
    Casey Anthonys defense!
    The MURDERED should not be USED to pay for the MURDERERS DEFENSE!

    American Tragedy: The defense of Casey Anthony.

    Juror No. 11 somehow made the journey from Casey is the one on trial to George may be a murderer, based on how George acted on the stand? 3 years of evidence against Casey and he throws George under the bus. Makes sense?
    What evidence indicated that George might be a murderer? Anyone?
    Weren't they to ONLY consider EVIDENCE?
    This NOT GUILTY verdict throws Caylee right back into the swamp she decomposed in. Thanks to this "impartial" jury.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,759
    Quote Originally Posted by magic-cat View Post
    Hi JBean!
    There is no such thing as a nurse of decomposition and I do believe you are right, she was just stumbling over her words...but the important fact we can all retrieve from this statement is that Cindy KNOWS what decomp smells like. She has smelled it before during the course of her job. And that smell, the smell in the car was, the awfullest thing she ever smelled...that bag of pizza. It makes utterly NO sense thus the stumbling. She was not prepared at that moment to answer that question and her words got tangled up in her thoughts...
    Hi MC.
    I concur. but the quote I was responding to was that she said she was a nurse of decomposition.


  11. #11

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Hi MC.
    I concur. but the quote I was responding to was that she said she was a nurse of decomposition.
    I know. That clip was cut off if you see the whole thing you can see where she got tongue tied and was just inserting words out of place. It seems to be a common occurence in their family, the stumbling over words thing. I agree, she put that part in the middle of a sentence or actually sliced one sentence in half and slapped it into 2 places in another sentence. The epitome of confusion.

    ABC provided $200,000.00 to
    Casey Anthonys defense!
    The MURDERED should not be USED to pay for the MURDERERS DEFENSE!

    American Tragedy: The defense of Casey Anthony.

    Juror No. 11 somehow made the journey from Casey is the one on trial to George may be a murderer, based on how George acted on the stand? 3 years of evidence against Casey and he throws George under the bus. Makes sense?
    What evidence indicated that George might be a murderer? Anyone?
    Weren't they to ONLY consider EVIDENCE?
    This NOT GUILTY verdict throws Caylee right back into the swamp she decomposed in. Thanks to this "impartial" jury.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    South
    Posts
    3,835
    Hello WS

    July 24, 2008
    Statement to LE
    George Anthony

    LE: (skip) ...When I first saw you that night when I first came to your house there was mention of the car. And there was a mention of what you smelled in the car.
    GA: Uh-hum
    LE: Do you remember what you told me?
    GA: I, I, I believe that there's something dead back there and I hate to say the word human. Uhm, I, I hate to say that. (skip) I mean the law enforcement stuff that I did, we caught people out in the woods, in a house, in a, in a car. So I know what it smells like, it's a smell you never...
    LE: Uh-huh
    GA: ...never get rid of. When I first went there to pick up that vehicle I got within three feet of it I could smell something. You look up and you say, please don't let this be. Please don't let this be. Because may...I'm thinking of my daughter and granddaughter first.
    (skip)
    GA: As I walked around, I don't believe I said to him you know, aloud and I, I think I whispered out to myself, "please don't let this be my Caylee." That's what I thought. That's what I, my heart was saying.
    (skip)
    LE: What did your, what did your wife think about it being when she first noticed it? Did she actually notice it, or did she make any comments on it?
    GA: Oh, after we pulled inside the garage she said, her exact words were, "Jesus Christ what died?" that's exactly what she said but she said it in a way, she says, "George, it was the pizza right?" And I said yeah it was the pizza. And that's what I left it go at that, but I'm sitting here as the grandfather, as the father, as George Anthony and as a guy who smelled the smell before years ago and you just never forget it. I even stuck my nose down on it and I'm, I'm concerned. So...
    (end)

    At the tow yard, George knew he was smelling human decomposition. He was worried it was Caylee or Casey. The smell was so bad, George had a hard time driving the Pontiac home. Had to have the windows down, and it was raining that day. After pulling the car into the garage, and Cindy saying "JC what died!" George went back to work and Cindy cleaned the car.

    "I am a nurse. I have smelled that odor before, of decomposition." I agree with JBean this is what Cindy meant/was meaning to say. No matter how it is said(magic-cat said this also), the meaning remains the same: Cindy has smelled the odor of decomposition before, she is a nurse.

    CA: "It smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car."

    RG: (snipped) ... and then we talked about the smell in the trunk and I said if it's not Caylee, George, who is it? He goes ya know, "I don't know."

    ...JS...
    Last edited by Chiquita71; 04-01-2010 at 02:28 AM.
    John 14:6

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiquita71 View Post
    Hello WS

    July 24, 2008
    Statement to LE
    George Anthony

    LE: (skip) ...When I first saw you that night when I first came to your house there was mention of the car. And there was a mention of what you smelled in the car.
    GA: Uh-hum
    LE: Do you remember what you told me?
    GA: I, I, I believe that there's something dead back there and I hate to say the word human. Uhm, I, I hate to say that. (skip) I mean the law enforcement stuff that I did, we caught people out in the woods, in a house, in a, in a car. So I know what it smells like, it's a smell you never...
    LE: Uh-huh
    GA: ...never get rid of. When I first went there to pick up that vehicle I got within three feet of it I could smell something. You look up and you say, please don't let this be. Please don't let this be. Because may...I'm thinking of my daughter and granddaughter first.
    (skip)
    GA: As I walked around, I don't believe I said to him you know, aloud and I, I think I whispered out to myself, "please don't let this be my Caylee." That's what I thought. That's what I, my heart was saying.
    (skip)
    LE: What did your, what did your wife think about it being when she first noticed it? Did she actually notice it, or did she make any comments on it?
    GA: Oh, after we pulled inside the garage she said, her exact words were, "Jesus Christ what died?" that's exactly what she said but she said it in a way, she says, "George, it was the pizza right?" And I said yeah it was the pizza. And that's what I left it go at that, but I'm sitting here as the grandfather, as the father, as George Anthony and as a guy who smelled the smell before years ago and you just never forget it. I even stuck my nose down on it and I'm, I'm concerned. So...
    (end)

    At the tow yard, George knew he was smelling human decomposition. He was worried it was Caylee or Casey. The smell was so bad, George had a hard time driving the Pontiac home. Had to have the windows down, and it was raining that day. After pulling the car into the garage, and Cindy saying "JC what died!" George went back to work and Cindy cleaned the car.

    "I am a nurse. I have smelled that odor before, of decomposition." I agree with JBean this is what Cindy meant/was meaning to say. No matter how it is said(magic-cat said this also), the meaning remains the same: Cindy has smelled the odor of decomposition before, she is a nurse.

    CA: "It smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car."

    RG: (snipped) ... and then we talked about the smell in the trunk and I said if it's not Caylee, George, who is it? He goes ya know, "I don't know."

    ...JS...
    Cindy went back to work too...

    ABC provided $200,000.00 to
    Casey Anthonys defense!
    The MURDERED should not be USED to pay for the MURDERERS DEFENSE!

    American Tragedy: The defense of Casey Anthony.

    Juror No. 11 somehow made the journey from Casey is the one on trial to George may be a murderer, based on how George acted on the stand? 3 years of evidence against Casey and he throws George under the bus. Makes sense?
    What evidence indicated that George might be a murderer? Anyone?
    Weren't they to ONLY consider EVIDENCE?
    This NOT GUILTY verdict throws Caylee right back into the swamp she decomposed in. Thanks to this "impartial" jury.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Middle Florida
    Posts
    109
    How does being a nurse make anyone more qualified to recognize the smell of death?
    How many dead people has Cindy done paperwork for?

    Not that a person wouldnt KNOW death when they smell it...cause we all do.
    Ive heard 5 yr olds in my class comment on the unmistakeable smell of roadkill near by the playground.

    Once youve smelled anything dead...you never forget...or confuse it with pizza.

    "The only one I have pictures of, is my daughter. I wish she was going to be there Great. Iím going to make myself cry, if Iím not careful. HmmÖ I wonder what Iím missing for lunch. If Iím not careful, I may end up enjoying my absence today. At least I will miss one crappy meal."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Culpeper, Virginia
    Posts
    3,188
    I am not sure how much more expertise you could ask for, short of being a mortician-One was a detective that worked more than one homicide, the other is a nurse that went to med school, worked on people with rotting flesh, and may even have experienced odor from natural deaths as most home health companies deal in geriatrics.
    I don't recall having smelled human decomp, though I have walked past hospital morgues and some say you can smell them from out in the hall-But I have definately smelled animal decomp (pet snakes sometimes kill and leave their meals dead and uneaten while you are at work-Yuck!), and it is unmistakeable.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 02:11 AM

Tags for this Thread