CA/GA "experts" on Human Decomposition Smell - ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB12

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I see a lot of talk about Cindy being a nurse and if she does have expertise in the field of human decomposition.

FACTS:

Cindy's nursing license was issued Sept 7, 1979 in Ohio
http://www.nursing.ohio.gov/Verification.htm

Currently Cindy is a registered nurse in the state of Florida since February 12, 1990
http://ww2.doh.state.fl.us/IRM00PRAES/PRASINDI.ASP?LicId=94605&ProfNBR=1701
http://ww2.doh.state.fl.us/irm00prae...01&Lookup=TRUE

Cindy a registered nurse who works for Gentiva Health Services as a Case Manager - office position. Cindy is on disability leave of absence.
http://www.gentiva.com

Department of Children and Families was at Cindy home last week (November 16, 2009) to investigate CA.....CA is on disability leave from her nursing job.......
http://www.wftv.com/news/21632709/detail.html

FROM MY MEMORY BANK:

Cindy was asked if she was familiar with human decomposition.
Cindy answer was that she worked in a burn unit at one time. Cindy had classes in a mortuary. Cindy at one time worked in a hospital.

FACTS:

QUOTES: Cindy: "I am a nurse of decomposition, and lots more.... "

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRNmm7fN1xU[/ame]

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sierra1947

July 22, 2008

Gee, and I thought she was an expert on the smell of rotting pizzas! :crazy:
Seriously, Cindy is like a chameleon. She changes her outer skin to reflect the danger of the moment so she thinks she's protecting herself. One minute she's an expert on decomposition, the next minute she's not, depending on how dangerous it is. Her SA deposition is an excellent depiction of her lying, denying, backtracking and trying to scam the prosecutors. CA is a registered nurse and she knows the smell of human decomp. Her 911 call will be admitted as evidence, IMO.

if there is such a thing as a a"nurse of decomposition" I have never heard of it nor have I met anyone that knows of such a title.
More likely is that Cindy said/meant "I have smelled that odor before, I am a nurse, of decomposition." But the only part that is repeated over and over is "I am a nurse of decomposition" It doesn't even make sense
IOW, she was trying to say she had smelled the odor of decomposition before and in the middle of the sentence she clarified that she was a nurse and then finished her sentence.

Here's hoping the jury are experts on bovine excrement smell.

33e1wkh.jpg

GA was a Trumbull detective from 1974 until 1985

http://www.wkbn.com/news/local/25944914.html

"George and I were partners in the Sheriff's Department. We worked together, we were detectives together. And he became a very good friend of mine. Great. Super guy. Loved his family, good family guy. It's got to be hard on him. Absolutely hard. terrible."--Sheriff Thomas Altiere

http://www.vindy.com/news/2008/jul/26/case-of-missing-florida-girl-has-local-ties/

George Anthony told Yuri Melich that there was an odor that smelled like something died in the back of the car when he first saw George Anthony on 7-16-08.

http://cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Anthony%20%20George0724.pdf

Yuri Melich:
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]One thing I’ve been meaning to ask, and I apologize maybe this isn’t a good time, but only because this might be the only, I don’t know how often we’ll be able to sit and talk. When I first saw you that night when I first came to your house there was a mention of the car. And there was a mention of what you smelled in the car. [/FONT][/FONT]​

GA: [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Uh-hum (affirmative). [/FONT][/FONT]​

YM: [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Do you remember what you told me? [/FONT][/FONT]​

GA: [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]I, I, I believe that there’s something dead back there. And I hate to say the word human.......[/FONT][/FONT]

if there is such a thing as a a"nurse of decomposition" I have never heard of it nor have I met anyone that knows of such a title.
More likely is that Cindy said/meant "I have smelled that odor before, I am a nurse, of decomposition." But the only part that is repeated over and over is "I am a nurse of decomposition" It doesn't even make sense
IOW, she was trying to say she had smelled the odor of decomposition before and in the middle of the sentence she clarified that she was a nurse and then finished her sentence.
Hi JBean! :)
There is no such thing as a nurse of decomposition and I do believe you are right, she was just stumbling over her words...but the important fact we can all retrieve from this statement is that Cindy KNOWS what decomp smells like. She has smelled it before during the course of her job. And that smell, the smell in the car was, the awfullest thing she ever smelled...that bag of pizza. It makes utterly NO sense thus the stumbling. She was not prepared at that moment to answer that question and her words got tangled up in her thoughts...

Hi JBean! :)
There is no such thing as a nurse of decomposition and I do believe you are right, she was just stumbling over her words...but the important fact we can all retrieve from this statement is that Cindy KNOWS what decomp smells like. She has smelled it before during the course of her job. And that smell, the smell in the car was, the awfullest thing she ever smelled...that bag of pizza. It makes utterly NO sense thus the stumbling. She was not prepared at that moment to answer that question and her words got tangled up in her thoughts...
Hi MC.
I concur. but the quote I was responding to was that she said she was a nurse of decomposition.

Hi MC.
I concur. but the quote I was responding to was that she said she was a nurse of decomposition.
I know. That clip was cut off if you see the whole thing you can see where she got tongue tied and was just inserting words out of place. It seems to be a common occurence in their family, the stumbling over words thing. I agree, she put that part in the middle of a sentence or actually sliced one sentence in half and slapped it into 2 places in another sentence. The epitome of confusion. :)

Hello WS :)

July 24, 2008
Statement to LE
George Anthony

LE: (skip) ...When I first saw you that night when I first came to your house there was mention of the car. And there was a mention of what you smelled in the car.
GA: Uh-hum
LE: Do you remember what you told me?
GA: I, I, I believe that there's something dead back there and I hate to say the word human. Uhm, I, I hate to say that. (skip) I mean the law enforcement stuff that I did, we caught people out in the woods, in a house, in a, in a car. So I know what it smells like, it's a smell you never...
LE: Uh-huh
GA: ...never get rid of. When I first went there to pick up that vehicle I got within three feet of it I could smell something. You look up and you say, please don't let this be. Please don't let this be. Because may...I'm thinking of my daughter and granddaughter first.
(skip)
GA: As I walked around, I don't believe I said to him you know, aloud and I, I think I whispered out to myself, "please don't let this be my Caylee." That's what I thought. That's what I, my heart was saying.
(skip)
LE: What did your, what did your wife think about it being when she first noticed it? Did she actually notice it, or did she make any comments on it?
GA: Oh, after we pulled inside the garage she said, her exact words were, "Jesus Christ what died?" that's exactly what she said but she said it in a way, she says, "George, it was the pizza right?" And I said yeah it was the pizza. And that's what I left it go at that, but I'm sitting here as the grandfather, as the father, as George Anthony and as a guy who smelled the smell before years ago and you just never forget it. I even stuck my nose down on it and I'm, I'm concerned. So...
(end)

At the tow yard, George knew he was smelling human decomposition. He was worried it was Caylee or Casey. The smell was so bad, George had a hard time driving the Pontiac home. Had to have the windows down, and it was raining that day. After pulling the car into the garage, and Cindy saying "JC what died!" George went back to work and Cindy cleaned the car.

"I am a nurse. I have smelled that odor before, of decomposition." I agree with JBean this is what Cindy meant/was meaning to say. No matter how it is said(magic-cat said this also), the meaning remains the same: Cindy has smelled the odor of decomposition before, she is a nurse.

CA: "It smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car."

RG: (snipped) ... and then we talked about the smell in the trunk and I said if it's not Caylee, George, who is it? He goes ya know, "I don't know."

...JS...

Hello WS :)

July 24, 2008
Statement to LE
George Anthony

LE: (skip) ...When I first saw you that night when I first came to your house there was mention of the car. And there was a mention of what you smelled in the car.
GA: Uh-hum
LE: Do you remember what you told me?
GA: I, I, I believe that there's something dead back there and I hate to say the word human. Uhm, I, I hate to say that. (skip) I mean the law enforcement stuff that I did, we caught people out in the woods, in a house, in a, in a car. So I know what it smells like, it's a smell you never...
LE: Uh-huh
GA: ...never get rid of. When I first went there to pick up that vehicle I got within three feet of it I could smell something. You look up and you say, please don't let this be. Please don't let this be. Because may...I'm thinking of my daughter and granddaughter first.
(skip)
GA: As I walked around, I don't believe I said to him you know, aloud and I, I think I whispered out to myself, "please don't let this be my Caylee." That's what I thought. That's what I, my heart was saying.
(skip)
LE: What did your, what did your wife think about it being when she first noticed it? Did she actually notice it, or did she make any comments on it?
GA: Oh, after we pulled inside the garage she said, her exact words were, "Jesus Christ what died?" that's exactly what she said but she said it in a way, she says, "George, it was the pizza right?" And I said yeah it was the pizza. And that's what I left it go at that, but I'm sitting here as the grandfather, as the father, as George Anthony and as a guy who smelled the smell before years ago and you just never forget it. I even stuck my nose down on it and I'm, I'm concerned. So...
(end)

At the tow yard, George knew he was smelling human decomposition. He was worried it was Caylee or Casey. The smell was so bad, George had a hard time driving the Pontiac home. Had to have the windows down, and it was raining that day. After pulling the car into the garage, and Cindy saying "JC what died!" George went back to work and Cindy cleaned the car.

"I am a nurse. I have smelled that odor before, of decomposition." I agree with JBean this is what Cindy meant/was meaning to say. No matter how it is said(magic-cat said this also), the meaning remains the same: Cindy has smelled the odor of decomposition before, she is a nurse.

CA: "It smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car."

RG: (snipped) ... and then we talked about the smell in the trunk and I said if it's not Caylee, George, who is it? He goes ya know, "I don't know."

...JS...
Cindy went back to work too...

How does being a nurse make anyone more qualified to recognize the smell of death?
How many dead people has Cindy done paperwork for?

Not that a person wouldnt KNOW death when they smell it...cause we all do.
Ive heard 5 yr olds in my class comment on the unmistakeable smell of roadkill near by the playground.

Once youve smelled anything dead...you never forget...or confuse it with pizza.

I am not sure how much more expertise you could ask for, short of being a mortician-One was a detective that worked more than one homicide, the other is a nurse that went to med school, worked on people with rotting flesh, and may even have experienced odor from natural deaths as most home health companies deal in geriatrics.
I don't recall having smelled human decomp, though I have walked past hospital morgues and some say you can smell them from out in the hall-But I have definately smelled animal decomp (pet snakes sometimes kill and leave their meals dead and uneaten while you are at work-Yuck!), and it is unmistakeable.

How does being a nurse make anyone more qualified to recognize the smell of death?

Ive heard 5 yr olds in my class comment on the unmistakeable smell of roadkill near by the playground.

As a nurse she has likely cared for a person with a gangrenous wound. That wound would have the smell of human decomp. Also, in days long gone by, nursing students were required to stand in on an autopsy so she may have had experience in that way as well. IMHO a nurse is very likely to have come across that smell and know what it is. I truly believe she and George both knew exactly what that smell was and both knew it wasn't any sort of garbage or pizza.

She has not always been a nurse of paperwork...she had to have done actual nursing at some point. :)

Evidently, G&C knew enough about the odor of decomp to check under the playhouse in their backyard after bringing the car home, IIRC.

Something else that I think is important to note is that YM, JA, JH/and DC? (not sure about DC, but I think he said this also), said that both GA and CA thought that they had thrown KC under the bus and were holding it against each other. And what statements of theirs was it that they thought could run KC over?.... right into a prison cell? The death statements. GA's comment that "it smelled like something died in the trunk". And CA's statement on the 911 call that "the damn car smells like theres been a dead body in it".

These are the statements that we are told they argued about with each other. So THEY KNOW those statements are VERY SIGNIFICANT. Because she is a nurse and he was a homicide detective. Pretty cut and dry IMO.

:cow:

As a nurse she has likely cared for a person with a gangrenous wound. That wound would have the smell of human decomp. Also, in days long gone by, nursing students were required to stand in on an autopsy so she may have had experience in that way as well. IMHO a nurse is very likely to have come across that smell and know what it is. I truly believe she and George both knew exactly what that smell was and both knew it wasn't any sort of garbage or pizza.

Surely.

The point is one doesnt have to be a nurse of any sort to have the qualifications to recognize the smell of death. All a person needs is a nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member