1042 users online (203 members and 839 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,135

    Theory: Third Party is Military Guy

    Quote Originally Posted by kappy50 View Post
    Brooks AFB, 20 miles from Leon Valley...maynot be anyone in the military, could be someone who lives in and around the base...crazy thought I'm sure!
    I don't think it's crazy at all. It's really great to look at every possible angle....he could be anywhere afterall.
    Last edited by BeanE; 04-01-2010 at 01:27 PM. Reason: clarify thread topic
    “I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt


    Gabriel Johnson and Sylar Newton. Come home safely Gabriel Johnson! RIP Sweet Sylar.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Northeastern USA
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by kissdegirl View Post
    I don't think it's crazy at all. It's really great to look at every possible angle....he could be anywhere afterall.
    How about a military family that is relocating to another base? At the new base, no one would be the wiser about them having a non-newborn baby.

    ETA: It could be someone leaving the TX base after December...or someone who had recently been assigned there.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    3,225
    Quote Originally Posted by kappy50 View Post
    I'm really banging my head here. In the Alison Dubois interview she said "helicopters are overhead"...so ???
    (1) What miltary bases are in and around there.
    (2) Do we know if TS has family in the military.

    I have always wondered what made Logan and Elizabeth go to Fort Smith, AR

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    3,225
    When I updated my EJ sightings in SA map yesterday with the park, I saw again the AFB and did some preliminary searches trying to see what military connections EJ and/or Logan may have -- seems like it's ringing some vague bell as I was really struck by the base yesterday -- should we start a thread for this discussion?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    1,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    When I updated my EJ sightings in SA map yesterday with the park, I saw again the AFB and did some preliminary searches trying to see what military connections EJ and/or Logan may have -- seems like it's ringing some vague bell as I was really struck by the base yesterday -- should we start a thread for this discussion?
    I think it's possibly another theory for sure...I can't thread a needle...much less create a thread! ....fine by me...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    1,286
    Quote Originally Posted by kappy50 View Post
    Brooks AFB, 20 miles from Leon Valley...maynot be anyone in the military, could be someone who lives in and around the base...crazy thought I'm sure!
    Randolf AFB 14.47 Miles from Leon Valley
    Ft. Sam Houston 17 miles from Leon Valley

    Quality Inns & Suites and Home gate:

    Randolf AFB 14 Miles
    Ft. Sam Houston 19 miles

    Ft. Sam Houston has Medical Hospital as well as Brooks Army Medical Center...
    Last edited by kappy50; 04-01-2010 at 12:34 PM. Reason: additional info

  7. #7
    If I missed a post in creating this thread, please alert it or PM me.

    Thanks,
    BeanE

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    3,225
    I would like to know if Logan got a job in Fort Smith through some connection there, and if EJ had time to get to know and trust some young man with short hair there who might now live in SA
    I know it's a stretch--

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    I would like to know if Logan got a job in Fort Smith through some connection there, and if EJ had time to get to know and trust some young man with short hair there who might now live in SA
    I know it's a stretch--
    If this proprosed young man is the male half of the couple, then who is the proposed third party? Or is this a different theory?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    9,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Scout View Post
    How about a military family that is relocating to another base? At the new base, no one would be the wiser about them having a non-newborn baby.

    ETA: It could be someone leaving the TX base after December...or someone who had recently been assigned there.

    There are three large military bases in San Antonio: Fort Sam Houston (Army), Lackland Air Force Base, and Randolf AFB. Plus, there are a couple of smaller bases. There are somewhere around 60,000 military personnel stationed in San Antonio.
    It would be difficult to be in the military and have an illegally adopted child. He couldn't be enrolled as a dependent (that requires proof of a legal adoption and court papers), couldn't get medical benefits or any family services benefits and wouldn't be counted towards the number of family members for military housing assignments. The military member also would not be reimbursed for adoption expenses as he/she would if the child were adopted legally.


  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    There are three large military bases in San Antonio: Fort Sam Houston (Army), Lackland Air Force Base, and Randolf AFB. Plus, there are a couple of smaller bases. There are somewhere around 60,000 military personnel stationed in San Antonio.
    It would be difficult to be in the military and have an illegally adopted child. He couldn't be enrolled as a dependent (that requires proof of a legal adoption and court papers), couldn't get medical benefits or any family services benefits and wouldn't be counted towards the number of family members for military housing assignments. The military member also would not be reimbursed for adoption expenses as he/she would if the child were adopted legally.
    How about some temporary legal guardianship papers for a child who's living with you temporarily? The PI doesn't think there's any adoption.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Northeastern USA
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    There are three large military bases in San Antonio: Fort Sam Houston (Army), Lackland Air Force Base, and Randolf AFB. Plus, there are a couple of smaller bases. There are somewhere around 60,000 military personnel stationed in San Antonio.
    It would be difficult to be in the military and have an illegally adopted child. He couldn't be enrolled as a dependent (that requires proof of a legal adoption and court papers), couldn't get medical benefits or any family services benefits and wouldn't be counted towards the number of family members for military housing assignments. The military member also would not be reimbursed for adoption expenses as he/she would if the child were adopted legally.
    Very good points.

    If the intention was not for the child to be adopted but instead to be housed temporarily, it might work for a period of time as long as the family were not trying to get any benefits for him.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    3,225
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    If this proprosed young man is the male half of the couple, then who is the proposed third party? Or is this a different theory?
    This theory would be that the young man would be the third party who hooked EJ up with the couple -- could be the 20 something hg with short hair? IDK just tossing stuff around
    It's out there, but since a few of us have hit on this around the same time, I think we should talk it out

    Fort Smith is where Gabriel was conceived, right?

    Imagine that becoming pregnant is a big deal even for a mother who does not want to be a mother

    It is an event that might have initiated more outside contact than her run of the mill go to work and then the bar life or whatever it was --

    Maybe she met someone, a friend or mentor of sorts at this turning point of her life?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    3,225
    I am searching the forum for references to Fort Smith as I have some odd bell ringing in my old head

    MomT back in January found some ads while searching for ads EJ might have posted-- backwhen that ad from the WI woman adopting a baby boy around Christmas in SA hit the presses - the ads were posted by a user name forthsmith
    She posted copies of the ads here
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4695938&postcount=567"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ-Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, missing since 12-26-09 thread #12[/ame]
    and explained how she found them here
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4695963&postcount=574"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ-Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, missing since 12-26-09 thread #12[/ame]

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    9,164
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    How about some temporary legal guardianship papers for a child who's living with you temporarily? The PI doesn't think there's any adoption.
    You'd need court papers to get dependency status for a child under those circumstances.
    If you just wanted to keep a child temporarily and didn't expect to need free medical care for him during that time (so irresponsible!), you could just tell people that your sister's child was visiting you for a few months, I suppose. (Although, that might raise suspicions if it went on for any length of time, especially if you lived in military housing where there are restrictions to how long a non-dependent can reside there -- 2 weeks or something like that.) One thing about the military, however, even though it's huge, it's a small world within it, and relocating to a different base is not going to take you away from everybody who knows you and your business. Still, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for a military family to have Gabriel, just less likely than a civilian family, since it's gone on so long.
    Last edited by STEADFAST; 04-01-2010 at 01:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Chaos Theory-A Unified Theory of Muppet Types
    By Jacie Estes in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2012, 12:21 PM
  2. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 09:53 AM