Ground search efforts for Susan Cox Powell

Because of the search they have faith that something will be found before or during the search.

Rather circular logic, surely?

It would be wonderful if this search did come up with something, but I'm doubtful Josh (or Susan) ever went near this area. I hope the searchers won't be discouraged if they come up with a total blank, and will organise a new search in a different area, or assist LE if they want to comb a wider area.

It would be wonderful if this search did come up with something, but I'm doubtful Josh (or Susan) ever went near this area. I hope the searchers won't be discouraged if they come up with a total blank, and will organise a new search in a different area, or assist LE if they want to comb a wider area.

I agree, in fact I think the group should press LE about some alternative areas like mines and public roads up some of the Wasatch canyons in the counties just south of SLC that might just now be thawing out -- and divert some of their resources to those areas ... those people who'd be best qualified to search in such conditions.

Ditto.

I still think the public safety issues combine with questions about compromising the evidence, to make this really difficult for LE and the BLM. To me it's a little bit like walking back into the kitchen at the restaurant and insisting you want to help turn out the dinners because you don't want to keep waiting. :D

I still think the public safety issues combine with questions about compromising the evidence, to make this really difficult for LE and the BLM. To me it's a little bit like walking back into the kitchen at the restaurant and insisting you want to help turn out the dinners because you don't want to keep waiting. :D

I don't think she will ever be found with just the police searching. They have sure done a lousy job so far.

Where is that comment hollyblue?

That comment would be from the internet troll, I am sure. I'd recognize his style and favorite theme anywhere. I wish the guy would give it up, already...

I don't think she will ever be found with just the police searching. They have sure done a lousy job so far.
Kind of like searching for the car keys. They're always in the last place you look. We're all lousy at searching, in that case.

Where is that comment hollyblue?

At the end of this article in the Examiner. See the very first post on this thread for the link. I didn't post a link because it is already available. Didn't want to be redundant.

I think LE has been doing a lousy job so far too, I hope i'm wrong. It just seems so blatantly obvious he is the only suspect and should be arrested. I am sick that the children are stuck in the middle of that whacko Powell family with their murdering father. Is the FBI active on the case?

At the end of this article in the Examiner. See the very first post on this thread for the link. I didn't post a link because it is already available. Didn't want to be redundant.

OKay, I found it. I thought it was in another article, I've read so many, it is hard to keep them straight.

SEARCH FOR SUSAN A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE; INSPIRATION FOR FUTURE SEARCHES

Examiner.com article: Search for Susan Cox Powell a positive experience; an inspiration for future search efforts (Photos)

April 11, 2010 - The April 10 ground search for Susan Cox Powell was a great success in the eyes of those who were there.

While they did not find Susan, and the evidence they did find may not be linked to Susan, the fact that a group of trained professionals, representatives from the BLM, Tooele Sheriff's department deputies, family and friends of Susan, and others, all got together to help in the search for clues into her disappearance, is something that's been a long time coming and appreciated by all those who have grown to know and love Susan... click here for article.

Preppingparachutesresize.jpg

This is so frustrating....they will not find her in the place where Josh CLAIMS to have gone!

Think about it, why would he tell LE the truth about where he went that night? He wouldn't, he would give them a location that was pretty much opposite of where he actually went that night.

They need to look North / North west from West Valley. There are countless areas up in the mountains that have established maintained roads that are in very rugged terrain. He would not have gone off road in the van on a night where it was snowing, so a maintained road is the only option in my opinion.

Late Sunday night, there would be little to no traffic in the canyon areas. It would be very easy for him to have moved a body on a sled to a ledge of a drop off.... These areas are still snow covered at this time, searches in these areas would not be very productive at this moment, give it a couple of weeks and get some helicopters out in those canyons.

JMO

When I was searching for a bit of info about Nutty Putty cave, where someone died just a week or two before Susan disappeared, one thing that struck me is that the entire area has multiple caves, so even if they sealed one, there would be others with grates. And it is much closer to WV City than the area Josh claims to have driven to. Just on the west side of Utah Lake.

VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED FOR THE SEARCH TO GO FORWARD

PRESS RELEASE:

Susan Cox Powell: Press Release re June 26 volunteer ground search - looking for volunteers

May 13, 2010 - Strategic Tactical Group (STG) is planning another search for clues into Susan Cox Powell's disappearance on June 26, 2010. He is in need of more volunteers for the search to go forward.

People were begging for a way to physically go out and search for Susan. Chris Willden has provided a way to make that possible... click here for Press Release

bumpity bump. Does anybody know if this search is starting today?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back