GUILTY TX - Jesse Fisher, 3, beaten to death, Denton County, 30 March 2010

fhc

Reaction score
being taken off life support.

Curtis Leon Copeland, 26, remained in the Denton County Jail Thursday in lieu of $500,000 bail on that charge and $25,000 on a charge of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle in Bowie. He was the boyfriend of the child's mother, according to sheriff’s reports.

Jesse Fleming Fisher Jr. died at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday. He had suffered severe head trauma, a broken pelvis, a broken neck, black eyes and bruises all over his body. He also had been sexually assaulted, Denton County Sherriff's Sgt. Roger Griggs said.

Copeland had told investigators the boy fell down the stairs last Friday at his mother’s house but had been playing outside Wednesday after she dropped him off at Copeland’s house north of Krum. She was on her way to a hospital to deliver another baby, and she also left a 1-year-old with Copeland.

Copeland was not the father of any of the children, Griggs said.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...ries/040110dnmetcopelandarrest.205c7ca06.html

The mom is only 19 and has a 3 year old, 1 year old, and a newborn! None are of which are from the boyfriend that has been charged! This teenager needs to have her tubes tied.

Ya Know, they need to start executing these baby killers, asap after conviction, everyday another child is dead, enough!!!!!!!!

I'm a little confused because it sounds like the child arrived at his house in that horrid condition? Why isn't the mom charged yet if she had more responsibility over the childs death than the "boyfriend"? Or maybe we just haven't heard enough sides to the story yet. I don't blame anyone for not taking a polygraph. I would never take one if my life depended on it.

This is the article I'm confused by. I am just really wondering why the mom hasn't been arrested yet. I guess also this happened over a 3 day time frame? She drops him off injured and then by day 3 the boyfriend realizes he needs hospitalization?
http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/drc/localnews/stories/DRC_blotter_0104.203123d33.html

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/040110-sheriff:-dead-toddler-sexually-abused

Video report & photo

I can't get over the fact that CPS had 4 reports, one last month that was still being investigated? This little boy could have and should have been saved. This 26 yo old guy arrested told neighbors that Jesse had been throwing up blood for days. Why didn't he call 911. How could anyone sexually abuse and kill a 3 yo. Jesse was tortured.

RIP Angel Jesse

I'm a little confused because it sounds like the child arrived at his house in that horrid condition? Why isn't the mom charged yet if she had more responsibility over the childs death than the "boyfriend"? Or maybe we just haven't heard enough sides to the story yet. I don't blame anyone for not taking a polygraph. I would never take one if my life depended on it.

This is the article I'm confused by. I am just really wondering why the mom hasn't been arrested yet. I guess also this happened over a 3 day time frame? She drops him off injured and then by day 3 the boyfriend realizes he needs hospitalization?
http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/drc/localnews/stories/DRC_blotter_0104.203123d33.html

ITA, I don't know except that she just gave birth and maybe was still in the hospital.

The video report says her name is Sherry Worthy, not sure about the spelling.
She deserves 'credit' here, too and is being investigated.

The mom is only 19 and has a 3 year old, 1 year old, and a newborn! None are of which are from the boyfriend that has been charged! This teenager needs to have her tubes tied.

You know, the more I read here, the more I really do wish we could do that. I wish we could at least make some form of birth control a condition for things like probation, or parole...

I know it sounds bad, but for heaven's sake, this is getting so far out of hand. I'm beyond weary of seeing all the children of these reprehensible people pay the price for their irresponsible, or worse, behavior.

Most of us would give more thought to bringing puppies into the world than they do about bringing all these innocent children into their awful lives. :no:

They later obtained a search warrant and found handwritten notes from Copeland to his girlfriend and his father, saying he had done “something bad” and was sick, a court document stated.

Worthy has been investigated several times on reports of child abuse, the document stated, and neither she nor the children were supposed to have any contact with Copeland because he was a convicted felon.

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedconte...ories/DRC_Copeland-Arrest_0401.2059fe3ee.html

God please . . . don't let those babies go back to that horrid excuse for a mother. Don't let Jesse have died in vain :(

CPS is once again proven to be completely worthless. After so many reports of abuse, why were these children still exposed to this environment? What the hell does it take to make these people do their jobs? NOW they take the kids into custody? Why did this little boy have to die before they would do their jobs? This poor baby suffered so much. There seems to be no end to the cruelty people are willing to inflict on innocent children. My heart hurts.

These people are souless.

WTH!!!!!!!

He had also been sexually assaulted! In addition to beaten to death.

Society needs to unite and demand action against baby killers. A swifter justice that sends a message.........you beat kids to death you die.

I don't care if the reason is stress,youth, meth, they are just trash..........they need to get the death penalty. I feel this way in all of these cases.

From April 2012:

http://www.dentonrc.com/local-news/...120416-woman-pleads-guilty-in-injury-case.ece

A woman whose boyfriend fatally injured her young son inside a Denton County home in 2010 was sentenced to 10 years in prison Monday on a charge that she failed to protect the boy.

Sharon Worthy, 22, of Bowie pleaded guilty to injury to a child by omission... The plea deal, which came as Worthy’s trial was set to begin, ends the second prosecution connected with the death of 3-year-old Jesse Fleming Fisher Jr.

Worthy’s boyfriend, Curtis Leon Copeland, 28, was found guilty of capital murder in December and sentenced to life in prison without parole.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back