985 users online (174 members and 811 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    Speculation: Why do people think Josh Powell is guilty?


  2. #2
    hollyblue's Avatar
    hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,113
    If he did not do this, why not talk? Fear? Why, who or what is Josh so in fear of if in fact he did not do this? Why wouldn't he want to stand up for himself?

    Is he gay? Is he protecting someone else? Did he get involved with someone or something else (porn) that would have to come forward in order to clear himself? Josh's image is very important to him, as is the father's; hence, his first words -- paraphrasing "They are trying to vilify."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    774
    Thanks, izehnder. As I was reading through your links I came across a decent timeline and posted it as a new thread.

  4. #4
    poco's Avatar
    poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Flora-frickin-duh
    Posts
    38,905
    Ummmm, because if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck!!??

    So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by poco View Post
    Ummmm, because if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck!!??
    or a snake

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    120
    He's the obvious suspect, the only person of interest named by LE, and his actions and behaviour since Susan's disappearance has done nothing to reduce suspicion, but have in fact done the opposite.

    His alibi is ludicrous, and he has done nothing to back it up. LE's investigations have not been able to establish any veracity to his alibi.

    A couple of days after Susan's disappearance, he rented a car and went missing for hours, driving hundreds of miles, without telling LE what he planned to do, or on his return telling LE what he had been up to.

    He has totally failed to cooperate with LE since one or two early interviews in the first few days since Susan's diappearance. He engaged an attorney (for free) who is known for defending guilty murderers.

    He has not cooperated with friends or family in the search for Susan, or talked to friends or family about the event.

    He has made no physical effort to find Susan that we know of, or expressed any regret at her disappearance apart from some on-camera snivelling that seemed more like regret that he was likely to spend the rest of his sad life behind bars, awaiting the death penalty.

    The only individual attempt to help find Susan, the Susanpwell.org website, reads more like a Josh Powell advertisement, does not link to or credit any other efforts to find Susan, and even threatens legal action against anybody who uses anything from the site to help find Susan.

    Facts that have been made public since Susan's disppearance, mostly about what a wife-abusing sad sack of sh1te Josh is, support the theory that Susan was likely to leave him soon if he did not pull his finger out and shape up, something he seems incapable of.


    All just my opinion, of course.
    Last edited by Bartleby; 04-02-2010 at 05:48 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    3,027
    His past history of failures
    His arrogance
    His relationship with daddy dearest and daddy's history of a very bad divorce
    His treatment of Susan
    His posessivness (sp) of their children
    The timeline coming up when she was going to say enough is enough
    His snearing curling lip
    His running off out of state rather than doing everything possible to find his wife
    The fact his wife was a shining star who could make it just fine without him.
    That he was the last known person to see Susan
    His alibi is just about the worst one ever made up
    The fans found drying a wet spot
    There's just something extremely creepy about the bottoms of his feet in the one family photo. They are just as white and smooth as the babies, compare them to Susan's and the older child, they have actually walked on their feet, what kind of man has feet like that?

    VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

  8. #8

    Thank you

    Quote Originally Posted by diphi View Post
    Thanks, izehnder. As I was reading through your links I came across a decent timeline and posted it as a new thread.
    Thanks, Diphi.

  9. #9

    Interesting ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Bride View Post
    His past history of failures
    His arrogance
    His relationship with daddy dearest and daddy's history of a very bad divorce
    His treatment of Susan
    His posessivness (sp) of their children
    The timeline coming up when she was going to say enough is enough
    His snearing curling lip
    His running off out of state rather than doing everything possible to find his wife
    The fact his wife was a shining star who could make it just fine without him.
    That he was the last known person to see Susan
    His alibi is just about the worst one ever made up
    The fans found drying a wet spot
    There's just something extremely creepy about the bottoms of his feet in the one family photo. They are just as white and smooth as the babies, compare them to Susan's and the older child, they have actually walked on their feet, what kind of man has feet like that?

    VB
    Never noticed that about his feet - interesting point you made.

    New article: Questions and mixed emotions raised when the public is no longer allowed to join in on the April 10 search

  10. #10
    hollyblue's Avatar
    hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,113
    Quote Originally Posted by izehnder View Post
    Never noticed that about his feet - interesting point you made.

    New article: Questions and mixed emotions raised when the public is no longer allowed to join in on the April 10 search
    I chuckled at the feet comment, but once you start thinking about it...hmmmmm? Or no comment.

    I found the snearing, curling lip very true. I know if I'm madder than a wet hen and don't have a way to vent at the moment, my lip curls too. Uh O... I'll have to say this did occur while lifting weights in an aerobic class also.... We all got a kick out of it.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    between black and white
    Posts
    1,063
    Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    I chuckled at the feet comment, but once you start thinking about it...hmmmmm? Or no comment.
    Me too. It's not just from being obsessive about clean, and I've seen it before-- hmmmmm.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    46
    oh my gosh - too funny! Mr. Creepyfeet reminds me of a Seinfeld episode:

    George: "You know how the big toe is the captain of the toes, but sometimes the toe next to the big toe gets so big that there's a power struggle and the second toe assumes control of the foot."
    Jerry: "The coup de toe!"
    Attached Images Attached Images

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Bride View Post

    There's just something extremely creepy about the bottoms of his feet in the one family photo. They are just as white and smooth as the babies, compare them to Susan's and the older child, they have actually walked on their feet, what kind of man has feet like that?
    I suspect Susan and the older boy had removed their shoes and socks and walked around a bit before the photo, probably choosing the site, but Josh only took his off just in time for the photo, so his feet were cleaner.

    I don't see anything sinister in this, I don't particularly like putting dirty feet back into socks either, though I did walk around Washington DC barefoot while my sandals were drying after a heavy rainstorm.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    37,777
    law of averages...when is last time wife in a dubuios marraige went missing or turned up dead and it was not the husband...



Similar Threads

  1. Josh Powell Burial
    By jmarple in forum Susan Cox Powell
    Replies: 266
    Last Post: 02-26-2012, 03:15 PM
  2. Dateline with Josh Powell 12-9-11
    By Kimmer in forum Susan Cox Powell
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 01-04-2012, 09:37 PM
  3. Josh Powell Gets Children Taken Away
    By Opp2mystic1 in forum Susan Cox Powell
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2011, 11:30 PM
  4. Josh Powell on People Magazine's "Person of Interest" 9/29/2011
    By Janeumayer in forum Susan Cox Powell
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-20-2011, 02:22 PM
  5. Replies: 76
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 06:35 PM

Tags for this Thread