Speculation: Why do people think Josh Powell is guilty?

If he did not do this, why not talk? Fear? Why, who or what is Josh so in fear of if in fact he did not do this? Why wouldn't he want to stand up for himself?

Is he gay? Is he protecting someone else? Did he get involved with someone or something else (*advertiser censored*) that would have to come forward in order to clear himself? Josh's image is very important to him, as is the father's; hence, his first words -- paraphrasing "They are trying to vilify."

Thanks, izehnder. As I was reading through your links I came across a decent timeline and posted it as a new thread.

Ummmm, because if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck!!??

He's the obvious suspect, the only person of interest named by LE, and his actions and behaviour since Susan's disappearance has done nothing to reduce suspicion, but have in fact done the opposite.

His alibi is ludicrous, and he has done nothing to back it up. LE's investigations have not been able to establish any veracity to his alibi.

A couple of days after Susan's disappearance, he rented a car and went missing for hours, driving hundreds of miles, without telling LE what he planned to do, or on his return telling LE what he had been up to.

He has totally failed to cooperate with LE since one or two early interviews in the first few days since Susan's diappearance. He engaged an attorney (for free) who is known for defending guilty murderers.

He has not cooperated with friends or family in the search for Susan, or talked to friends or family about the event.

He has made no physical effort to find Susan that we know of, or expressed any regret at her disappearance apart from some on-camera snivelling that seemed more like regret that he was likely to spend the rest of his sad life behind bars, awaiting the death penalty.

The only individual attempt to help find Susan, the Susanpwell.org website, reads more like a Josh Powell advertisement, does not link to or credit any other efforts to find Susan, and even threatens legal action against anybody who uses anything from the site to help find Susan.

Facts that have been made public since Susan's disppearance, mostly about what a wife-abusing sad sack of sh1te Josh is, support the theory that Susan was likely to leave him soon if he did not pull his finger out and shape up, something he seems incapable of.

All just my opinion, of course.

His past history of failures
His arrogance
His relationship with daddy dearest and daddy's history of a very bad divorce
His treatment of Susan
His posessivness (sp) of their children
The timeline coming up when she was going to say enough is enough
His snearing curling lip
His running off out of state rather than doing everything possible to find his wife
The fact his wife was a shining star who could make it just fine without him.
That he was the last known person to see Susan
His alibi is just about the worst one ever made up
The fans found drying a wet spot
There's just something extremely creepy about the bottoms of his feet in the one family photo. They are just as white and smooth as the babies, compare them to Susan's and the older child, they have actually walked on their feet, what kind of man has feet like that?

VB

His past history of failures
His arrogance
His relationship with daddy dearest and daddy's history of a very bad divorce
His treatment of Susan
His posessivness (sp) of their children
The timeline coming up when she was going to say enough is enough
His snearing curling lip
His running off out of state rather than doing everything possible to find his wife
The fact his wife was a shining star who could make it just fine without him.
That he was the last known person to see Susan
His alibi is just about the worst one ever made up
The fans found drying a wet spot
There's just something extremely creepy about the bottoms of his feet in the one family photo. They are just as white and smooth as the babies, compare them to Susan's and the older child, they have actually walked on their feet, what kind of man has feet like that?

VB

Never noticed that about his feet - interesting point you made.

New article: Questions and mixed emotions raised when the public is no longer allowed to join in on the April 10 search

I chuckled at the feet comment, but once you start thinking about it...hmmmmm? Or no comment.

I found the snearing, curling lip very true. I know if I'm madder than a wet hen and don't have a way to vent at the moment, my lip curls too. Uh O... I'll have to say this did occur while lifting weights in an aerobic class also...;). We all got a kick out of it.

I chuckled at the feet comment, but once you start thinking about it...hmmmmm? Or no comment.
Me too. :D It's not just from being obsessive about clean, and I've seen it before-- hmmmmm. :D

oh my gosh - too funny! Mr. Creepyfeet reminds me of a Seinfeld episode:

George: "You know how the big toe is the captain of the toes, but sometimes the toe next to the big toe gets so big that there's a power struggle and the second toe assumes control of the foot."
Jerry: "The coup de toe!"

Attachments

• Susan_Powell_and_Family_2.jpg
    Susan_Powell_and_Family_2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 19

I suspect Susan and the older boy had removed their shoes and socks and walked around a bit before the photo, probably choosing the site, but Josh only took his off just in time for the photo, so his feet were cleaner.

I don't see anything sinister in this, I don't particularly like putting dirty feet back into socks either, though I did walk around Washington DC barefoot while my sandals were drying after a heavy rainstorm.

law of averages...when is last time wife in a dubuios marraige went missing or turned up dead and it was not the husband...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back