GUILTY TX - Brian Martin & Veronica Martinez for child abuse, Harlingen, 2004

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
OMG!!!! I was there was a smilies for crying. That is what I did when I read this. My daughter is 1 year old and I can not imagine harming her. If she hated her son that much, why not give him up. This woman should never be allowed to have another child.

One word: Hysterectomy

Hope she goes away for a long time. Probably will only get probation! :banghead:

I know I'll probably infuriate pro-lifers with this, but...if this baby was going to ruin her life, why didn't she terminate the pregnancy? If she was opposed to abortion, she could have put the baby up for adoption. Or hey, here is a novel concept. USE BIRTH CONTROL!!!

How sick. At least the baby is alive and will hopefully be placed with a good family. I hope that selfish witch of a mother goes to jail. They should beat her and feed her spoiled meat. I can't believe any parent would do that to a baby. I will take all of these babies in..there is no need to hurt them. Why did she just put him up for adoption?

lisad71 said:
I know I'll probably infuriate pro-lifers with this, but...if this baby was going to ruin her life, why didn't she terminate the pregnancy? If she was opposed to abortion, she could have put the baby up for adoption. Or hey, here is a novel concept. USE BIRTH CONTROL!!!

That isn't an infuriating idea to pro-lifers. Do you think we want children born alive for this kind of unthinkable abuse? Right to life doesn't mean right to abuse.

But we probably both agree on birth control. Hopefully, a hysterectomy for this woman.

She could have put the child up for adoption even at his age now. The fact she didn't says that there is a lot more sick stuff with this young woman than anyone of us probably wants to know. She had choices, but chose to hurt the baby in horrific ways--This person is not just some teen mother who was overwhelmed with a baby's crying and shook him.

She's sick and evil.

they, but esp. that mother does not deserve to be called human. we need to develop a word that shows just how low they are. inhuman, sub-human, evil and monster just do not seem low enough.

There needs to be a legal way a mother who hates her baby, doesn't want her baby, can take the baby to an ER, or a police station, or fire station along with the baby's birth certificate and photo ID of herself and sign the baby away without recourse--no arrest, no trial, no nothing. That way these babies might not be abused, they can be *disposed of* to trustworthy people, then adopted to loving homes. There has to be some way similar to help save these dear little ones.

BlueJeanne said:
There needs to be a legal way a mother who hates her baby, doesn't want her baby, can take the baby to an ER, or a police station, or fire station along with the baby's birth certificate and photo ID of herself and sign the baby away without recourse--no arrest, no trial, no nothing. That way these babies might not be abused, they can be *disposed of* to trustworthy people, then adopted to loving homes. There has to be some way similar to help save these dear little ones.

There is a law that in this state is called the baby moses law. she could have taken the child to hosp or fire station up to the age of 2mos. and left the child, with no questions asked. also she could have taken the child to any social services agency and explained and they would have taken the child and put it up for adoption.
many states now have laws now that is similiar to the baby moses law, up to a certain age of the child (age varies from a few days to a few months) they can take the child to certain public places like fire stations and hospitals. they don't even have to explain why. they hand the child over and the child is given to children services agencies and put up for adoption. unfortunately, somehow the info. on this not getting to the pregnant women. the law is designed to prevent the newborns from being put into dumpsters. and could possibly have helped in this case, if she had taken action earlier. I am not sure where how they are putting info about this law out except I have seen it in newspapers.

I cannot believe this. This girl should be treated this way. At 18 she should be treated this way. What a self centered witch. I cannot understand why or how anyone can treat an innocent child this way. I am so mad right now. At least this child lived and has a chance to be put with a loving family. Pray that happens.

What an evil, evil monster this woman is!
I pray this baby is in a wonderful foster home where he is being lavished with love and attention and that he finds a permanent/forever family that will cherish him more than life itself.

We say it over and over again...how can people just have babies with no prior education about being a parent. WTH is wrong with her....has any of these "parents" heard of adoption. Babies don't ruin our lives...people ruin their own lives and always have a choice. I'm so mad right now! I pray for that baby boy!

For what it's worth...I had my baby at 19 with no prior education of being a parent, however, I was in love with her from the time I knew I was pregnant. Scared, heck yes! Now she's 18 and a pre-med student. What I'm saying is that not everyone that has babies so young is going to be a bad parent at all...but time and time again we hear about these poor innocent babies being abused, tortured, and sometimes killed by the people they trust the most. It's so wrong in all aspects.

I'm constantly shocked at the level human beings will stoop to. Why? Just...Why? How could anyone harm even a hair on an innocent child's head?! I hope she and the boyfriend rot in jail.

This sounds horrible, but I think it's something psychological that should be explored. If she wanted the baby dead so badly, why didn't she succeed? She was a grown adult against a helpless baby.

Is this a case of sadism? Was her resentment and rage so great that she'd rather torture the baby than kill him? Driving to a Walmart to spoil meat just boggles the mind. You can't spoil meat in your backyard? And anyone with a baby that age knows that babies have a reflex that wouldn't allow him to swallow the meat. She might as well have shoved it in there in an effort to choke him.

This is just a bizarre story. Something doesn't add up. It's more like a Munchausen case than anything else. The psychological implications are startling.

I'm sorry but I agree. I think abortion would have have been a viable option for her situation.

Well at least the baby is not being cared for by her anymore. But who knows what the state system has in store for this baby now. You here about the crazy foster parents and sicko adoptive parents.... poor baby.

Well, if she had aborted the baby he wouldn't have a second chance at a really good life. He has that now. Thank God he'll never remember the things that happened to him.

Well, if she had aborted the baby he wouldn't have a second chance at a really good life. He has that now. Thank God he'll never remember the things that happened to him.

I wonder about memory, TBH. I wonder if there is an imprint on this child and he will retain some knowlege of the pain and suffering-if you think about how babies need nurturing right out of the gate and he recieved none of that for a remarkable period of time.

Yeah, I mean, I'm sure it was traumatic, but he won't have the acute memories. He might need some extra love and careful attention for a long while, but he doesn't have to live with the day-to-day mental replaying of everything that's happened to him. I think with a loving, insightful caregiver he'll grow up just fine. Kids have been suffering awful abuse for years and many have gone on to have fulfilling lives, or to be advocates.

It'd be interesting to hear the perspective of a early childhood professional. My biggest fear would be the lack of nurturing he's received, not the abuse. Wasn't there anyone else in this child's life? Her mother? The biological dad's parents? Anyone? In my family, a baby is a community project, LOL. I have to beat off the grandparents with a stick! It's so bizarre to see a baby without doting grandparents or aunts or uncles somewhere in the picture.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back