705 users online (101 members and 604 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

NY - Robert Arden, 61, Scriba, 1 April 2010

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...in_scriba.html

Public's help sought in Scriba missing person case
    By Robert A. Baker / The Post-Standard
    April 02, 2010, 4:03PM

Scriba, NY -- A Scriba man has been reported missing and Oswego County sheriff’s deputies are asking the public for help.

Robert E. Arden, 61, was reported missing late Thursday evening and he may be emotionally distressed because of a recent death in his family, deputies said.

Arden was last seen about 10 p.m. walking north on state Route 481 towards Oswego. He is 6 feet tall, weighs 150 pounds and was wearing blue jeans and a burgundy flannel shirt when he was last seen.

Anyone with any information is asked to call deputies at 349-3411.
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 05-17-2010 at 09:58 AM.

Search continues for missing Scriba man

http://palltimes.com/articles/2010/0...7119492823.txt

STAFF REPORTS
    Published: Wednesday, April 7, 2010 8:42 PM EDT

NY-Oswego County-White Male Washes Up on Lake Ontario - Robert Arden

Oswego, NY -- Oswego City police are investigating a body that has washed up on the shore of Lake Ontario near the city-town line.

Police say the body is that of a clothed white male. No age could be determined. Police are checking to see if anyone has been reported missing and if anyone fell off any boats recently in the lake.

The body was found by a passerby, who then called 911. Oswego police responded at 1:10 p.m.

The body has been taken to the medical examiner's office in Onondaga County. The body washed up near the State University College at Oswego.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...gate_body.html

This is the second body in a couple of weeks. This is not far from where Honor Jill Williams washed up, just a bit farther East on the lake shore.
    Last edited by Cubby; 05-11-2010 at 03:00 PM.
    "The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein

I haven't seen any updates for this man, who went missing a month ago, shortly after a death in the family:

http://palltimes.com/articles/2010/0...7119492823.txt

They were looking for him in the river, which does empty into Lake Ontario, right there in Oswego.

RIP, whoever he happens to be.

I will watch for updates. I will actually be on campus Tuesday, so I will see what the chatter is if they haven't ID'd him yet.
    "The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein

At approximately 1:30 p.m. Saturday, Oswego City Police (OPD) and Oswego City Fire Departments (OFD) were dispatched by 911 to the lakeshore behind the Oswego Steam Station to investigate a possible unattended death.

OPD Sergeant James Dufrane said at the scene that police did recover the body of a white male, approximately 50 – 70 years-of-age but identification was impossible at this time due to obvious decomposition.

http://palltimes.com/articles/2010/0...c162284077.txt

The age range fits the missing man Robert Arden mentioned above. I hope that they do ID him quickly so that his family can lay him to rest.

Just a couple articles on this man from today... TripleA or MaggieO, he's at the Onondaga County Coroners Office, have either of you tried calling in a tip re: Mr. Arden?

OP says Foul Play Unlikely

According to the police none of the tell-tale marks of struggle are present on the corpse that was pulled from the lake near Sixth Avenue over the weekend.
    Police Attempt to ID Body of Man Found on Lakeshore

Police say they believe the body had been in the water for several weeks to a month. Oswego police say there're checking missing person reports in the area.
    R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
    "From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate." ~Socrates

I haven't, but he was mentioned in that latest article, so I'm sure he's on their radar.

If this is him -- such as sad story, from what little can be pieced together. If you google his name, he comes up in his mother's obituary, and then again a few days later as missing, and then as a possible id for this body.

Oswego Police identify body found in Lake Ontario

Oswego (WSYR-TV) - Police in the City of Oswego have identified the man whose body was pulled from Lake Ontario last week. They say the 61-year-old was listed as a missing person.

Oswego Police, working with the Onondaga County Medical Examiners Office, have determined the identity of the victim to be Robert Arden of County Route 57 in Oswego.
    R.I.P Mr. Arden
    R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
    "From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate." ~Socrates

Oh, thank goodness. I feel so bad for him and his family.

BREAKING: Body identified as missing Oswego man

http://www.palltimes.com/articles/20...7873633425.txt

By JANET DEXTER
    jdexter@palltimes.com
    Published: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 1:58 PM EDT

Oswego City Police reported this morning that the identity of the body found on the shore of Lake Ontario May 1 has been determined to be that of Robert E. Arden, 61, of Co Rt 57 Oswego.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Rest in Peace Robert.