1043 users online (218 members and 825 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #2

Please continue here.

Thread 1

Also, remember we are a victim friendly forum. Please treat the family respectfully.

Thanks,

Salem
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 04-13-2015 at 07:44 AM. Reason: fixed broken link

Last edited by OkieGranny; 04-16-2015 at 07:18 PM. Reason: fixed broken link

According to a post on FB, this was one of her favorite hang-outs--
    "Higher Grounds" (It's a teen ministry of the local Youth for Christ organization)
    Friday Nights 7pm-11pm
    Open to teenagers only (parents of teens and youth workers are always welcome to bring kids and hang out.)
    Monday Nights 4pm-7pm
    Topical discussion & bible study and dinner.
    =================================================

Hope they're checking all the persons involved with her, at these places. Ministers, youth workers, etc.
    You never know ...

i'm not sure why the inhaler is assumed to be on the ground?
    is it simply being listed as being the only known thing she was carried? or does LE have reason to believe there was a struggle and if so, where and why do they think this? i know LE has to protect certain info in an investigation but think think they also owe the community as far as letting them know what they believe has happened. I am sure local parents are nervous and afraid that a predator is on the loose and if this is the case, they need to know. They may not want to cause a panic, but they can't risk a 2nd event IF this is what happened.

Carrying over from the last thread.

In regards to the mood updates on her MS acct. Her Mom said she did NOT have a cell phone. The other device that she could have been using would be an ipod Touch (music player). Not sure how they would pull records for that (not that it can't be done). I suppose it's also possible that her BF had given her a cell phone that her Mom didn't know about. LE should be able to figure out thetype of device they were coming from.

As far as the present issue. There are multiple possibilities. She could have a gift card for the party (very common) and it would have fit in her back pocket. She may have gone in with someone else and gotten a shared gift, and the other person could have had it. It is also a possibility that there was never a party and that was all made up, thus no present.

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    is it simply being listed as being the only known thing she was carried? or does LE have reason to believe there was a struggle and if so, where and why do they think this? i know LE has to protect certain info in an investigation but think think they also owe the community as far as letting them know what they believe has happened. I am sure local parents are nervous and afraid that a predator is on the loose and if this is the case, they need to know. They may not want to cause a panic, but they can't risk a 2nd event IF this is what happened.
    I think it is being listed as the one item they know she had with her. And that she usually carried it in her pocket. There is always the possibility, if there was a struggle, and she dropped it, someone could come across it. So I think they want to make the public aware of it. Personally if I lived in this area I would take extra precautions,with my children, until I knew for sure what had happened. moo

From GrayJay on previous thread:

What I read into this quote is desperation. She doesn't think K ran away or can survive on her own in this climate. Her daughter has been sheltered, I bet she'd say. So much so that she didn't understand the problems with a 17-yr old BF. Her friend that wasn't told about it? Maybe it's embarrassing to her now that it even happened.

I doubt she was embarrassed about it....being a 6th grade little girl, she was probably "proud" that a 17 y/o was interested in her :-( But I don't find it really strange that this friend (who only knew her from church, not school) wasn't aware of him....it isn't inconceivable that K kept her "church" life kinda seperate. Especially if she knew instinctively that most of the church folks would frown upon her "dating" a 17 y/o boy.
    Anything I post (other than a quote) is simply my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I don't know if LE has released additional statements since the presser, but in the presser, they made no insinuations or assumptions of where the inhaler might be. They just wanted to know where it is if anyone comes across it.

This is only speculation on my part but a search of the arrest records here

http://www.weldsheriff.com/apps/dailyArrests/index.cfm

might help determine when Kayleah was in foster care.

Relevant? I don't know. I just know some had asked questions about the when/why.

could not find what you were seeing on arrest record? or for whom?

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2Sarah View Post
    From GrayJay on previous thread:

I doubt she was embarrassed about it....being a 6th grade little girl, she was probably "proud" that a 17 y/o was interested in her :-( But I don't find it really strange that this friend (who only knew her from church, not school) wasn't aware of him....it isn't inconceivable that K kept her "church" life kinda seperate. Especially if she knew instinctively that most of the church folks would frown upon her "dating" a 17 y/o boy.
    I guess it depends a lot on how much trouble it got her in. I was also under the impression this wasn't something that happened in the past few weeks but earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    This is only speculation on my part but a search of the arrest records here

http://www.weldsheriff.com/apps/dailyArrests/index.cfm

might help determine when Kayleah was in foster care.

Relevant? I don't know. I just know some had asked questions about the when/why.
    Very very interesting. And sad. Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    Thanks for bringing this picture over RubyRed - I just brought the link saying what she was wearing - Compliments of Spamelope post # 693 Thread #1

Here ya go:

Kayleah Wilson

The 12-year-old is described as 5-foot, 1-inch tall, 145 pounds, with brown eyes and brown hair. She was last seen on Sunday wearing a white and pink shirt over a white tank top, blue jeans and white and red shoes.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/ci_14812215#ixzz0k2vbMUE7

Ruby or darlin or someone awesome with pictures - is there any way you could put a picture of Kayleah alongside her asthma inhaler with this description of what she was wearing? I would appreciate it so much - that way when I pull all that info forward, it will be in one neat pic. THANKS IN ADVANCE!
    Last edited by eyes4crime; 04-03-2010 at 01:38 PM.
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

Was this arrest for theft with an original bail of $200.00 then it went up due to not appearing? Am I reading this right? Also, back in 2007. I can't imagine loosing your child over this. Am I missing something? IMO

Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast